Zen Cart Logo
Forums / General Questions / Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

Views: 1,570

Results 1 to 12 of 12
20 Jan 2012, 12:52 PM
#1
cinziapdl avatar

cinziapdl

New Zenner

Join Date:
Nov 2011
Location:
Harrogate, UK
Posts:
16
Plugin Contributions:
0

Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

Hi everyone.
The text link in my footer bar doesn't appear although there are little dots links functioning. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem and which file should I try to modify?
I've read other footer problems in the forum but nothing seems similar to mine.

To get an idea of what I am talking about this is my site:
http://www.emporiosposa.com
If you go down the page you'll see little dots which if you hover over them become clickable, but the text next to them doesn't appear.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cinzia

20 Jan 2012, 7:15 PM
#2
gjh42 avatar

gjh42

Black Belt

Join Date:
Jul 2005
Location:
Upstate NY
Posts:
21,876
Plugin Contributions:
8

Re: Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

You are using EZ-Pages Footer Columns (which is functioning correctly except for the text), but your Template Monster template's custom tpl_footer.php is still active. That shouldn't matter except that the Home link is removed in EFC; perhaps the TM template does the same?

I can't see any reason for your link text to not be output. The essential mod files must all be in working order, or the rest of it would not work.

20 Jan 2012, 7:41 PM
#3
cinziapdl avatar

cinziapdl

New Zenner

Join Date:
Nov 2011
Location:
Harrogate, UK
Posts:
16
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

Hi gjh42,
thanks for your reply.
In the original TM template the links were fine. It all happen when I installed the multilanguage_ezpages_module.
I've tried to revert the common files to the original TM template but there must be something else, perhaps in css file? I'm not sure what to do.

20 Jan 2012, 7:48 PM
#4
gjh42 avatar

gjh42

Black Belt

Join Date:
Jul 2005
Location:
Upstate NY
Posts:
21,876
Plugin Contributions:
8

Re: Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

I see that you must have Multi-language EZ-Pages installed; apparently the two mods are not compatible. I have not looked at the Multi-language files, so I will need to study them when I get time to see what the problem is and how to fix it. (I just went looking for the Multi-language mod and couldn't find it in Free Addons. Where is it?

20 Jan 2012, 7:55 PM
#5
cinziapdl avatar

cinziapdl

New Zenner

Join Date:
Nov 2011
Location:
Harrogate, UK
Posts:
16
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

gjh42:

I just went looking for the Multi-language mod and couldn't find it in Free Addons. Where is it?
Thank you so much for looking into this! the mutli-language mod is downloadable from here http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&products_id=113.
I'm not in any rush to get it sorted, so whenever you've got time. Thanks again
Cinzia

20 Jan 2012, 8:13 PM
#6
gjh42 avatar

gjh42

Black Belt

Join Date:
Jul 2005
Location:
Upstate NY
Posts:
21,876
Plugin Contributions:
8

Re: Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

Weird... I found it through a link in the support thread, but even knowing where it is, it does not come up in any search for any keyword. It is only visible in the "Other Modules" category listing or by direct link.

I did see in the mod description a note > I modified two files of the previous version (includes/modules/CUSTOM/ezpages_bar_footer.php...
As Ezpages Footer Columns also modifies the same file (only one line), the two versions would definitely need to be merged for proper function. Not sure what else might need to be done.

20 Jan 2012, 10:02 PM
#7
cinziapdl avatar

cinziapdl

New Zenner

Join Date:
Nov 2011
Location:
Harrogate, UK
Posts:
16
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

Weird indeed. I've compared the 2 files ezpages_bar_footer.php
At the moment I am using the original TM template file. If I put the multilanguage one the footer disappears altogether.

The only part which is different is this:TM template ```php
$page_query = $db->Execute("select * from " . TABLE_EZPAGES . " where status_footer = 1 and footer_sort_order > 0 order by footer_sort_order, pages_title");


multilanguage template
```php
  // query modified for multi-language support
  $page_query = $db->Execute("select e.pages_id, e.page_open_new_window, e.page_is_ssl, e.alt_url, e.alt_url_external, e.toc_chapter, et.pages_title 
							 from  " . TABLE_EZPAGES . " e, " . TABLE_EZPAGES_TEXT . " et  
							 where e.pages_id = et.pages_id 
	                         and et.languages_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "' 
							 and status_footer = 1 and footer_sort_order > 0 order by footer_sort_order, pages_title");
  // end of modification				
  			 
20 Jan 2012, 10:25 PM
#8
gjh42 avatar

gjh42

Black Belt

Join Date:
Jul 2005
Location:
Upstate NY
Posts:
21,876
Plugin Contributions:
8

Re: Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

The TM version, like the original, selects the field that EFC needs without specifying it (it just selects * or everything), while the Multi-Language version selects the required language/text elements but not the footer sort order which EFC needs to use.
Add e.footer_sort_order to the query select list, and the one line from the EFC version to the Multi-Language version and see what happens.

      $page_query_list_footer[$rows]['sort'] = $page_query->fields['footer_sort_order'];//ezpages_footer_columns
21 Jan 2012, 12:48 AM
#9
cinziapdl avatar

cinziapdl

New Zenner

Join Date:
Nov 2011
Location:
Harrogate, UK
Posts:
16
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

It worked out! you are a genius... thank you soooooo much!

27 Jan 2012, 4:24 PM
#10
carol_guerr avatar

carol_guerr

New Zenner

Join Date:
Oct 2011
Location:
Montreal, CA
Posts:
2
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

Hello, I'm a fan of you guys!!

Ok, I have the same problem with the footer column and Multi-language EZ-Page... can you specify more where I most do the changes?

Thanks in advance

27 Jan 2012, 5:16 PM
#11
gjh42 avatar

gjh42

Black Belt

Join Date:
Jul 2005
Location:
Upstate NY
Posts:
21,876
Plugin Contributions:
8

Re: Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

Post #8 describes all of the changes you need. Add the new line shown in that post where there are other $page_query_list_footer lines, in /includes/modules/your_template/ezpages_bar_footer.php.

Add
, e.footer_sort_order
to this line in the same file, to get this:

  // query modified for multi-language support
  $page_query = $db->Execute("select e.pages_id, e.page_open_new_window, e.page_is_ssl, e.alt_url, e.alt_url_external, e.toc_chapter, et.pages_title, e.footer_sort_order 
31 Jan 2012, 2:11 AM
#12
carol_guerr avatar

carol_guerr

New Zenner

Join Date:
Oct 2011
Location:
Montreal, CA
Posts:
2
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Help: Footer Text link doesn't appear

thanks you very much it works!