New Zenner
- Join Date:
- Oct 2006
- Posts:
- 14
- Plugin Contributions:
- 0
Products Name field
This may be obvious...but I'm missing it
When I am adding new product, what is the max length of characters for the 'Products Name'?
Can it be increased?
Thanks
Views: 2,380
New Zenner
This may be obvious...but I'm missing it
When I am adding new product, what is the max length of characters for the 'Products Name'?
Can it be increased?
Thanks
Oba-san
If you peek in your database where the Product Name is defined, you will see:
products_name varchar(64)
So everywhere it is set to 64 characters ...
New Zenner
I would like to increase this to say...90.
Are there any reprocussions for making this change?
Many thanks!
Oba-san
As long as ALL fields related to products_name in ALL tables are changed then you should be fine ...
New Zenner
Is there a SQL code we can inject to change the Length/Values of all instances of the products_name column from 64 to 90?
Oba-san
You can change the tables for:
products_description
orders_products
via phpMyAdmin to alter the length of the products_name ...
New Zenner
Thanks Ajeh.
Tell staff why this post should be reviewed.