Zen Cart Logo
Forums / Setting Up Categories, Products, Attributes / Any way to add another categories list?

Any way to add another categories list?

Locked

Views: 2,944

Results 1 to 7 of 7
This thread is locked. New replies are disabled.
29 Jan 2007, 2:26 AM
#1
hyrisk avatar

hyrisk

New Zenner

Join Date:
Jan 2007
Posts:
4
Plugin Contributions:
0

Any way to add another categories list?

I was wondering if there was a way to add another categories list. You know the categories side can you make another heading like the one says categories?

29 Jan 2007, 3:01 AM
#2
ajeh avatar

ajeh

Oba-san

Join Date:
Sep 2003
Location:
Ohio
Posts:
62,757
Plugin Contributions:
1

Re: Any way to add another categories list?

You can get creative on the Document sidebox ...

This is restricted to categories that are marked as Document General ...

However ...

You can add to this Product General or any other Product Type ...

Now those categories that are marked Document General show from the Document sidebox ...

The listings etc work the same way but you can separate the categories to be managed by two sideboxes ...

Then change the title of it to whatever is appropriate to your needs for splitting the categories into the two sideboxes ...

NOTE: all categories and the subcategories must be restricted in the same manner for Document General and whatever other Product type you want ... otherwise this will not work properly for you ...

31 Jan 2007, 9:36 PM
#3
netmeg avatar

netmeg

New Zenner

Join Date:
Jan 2007
Posts:
14
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Any way to add another categories list?

This sounds very much like what I want to do, but I don't understand your answer. Is there some document you can point me to that can start from the beginning?

Thanks...

13 Feb 2007, 10:56 AM
#4
jas99villa avatar

jas99villa

New Zenner

Join Date:
May 2006
Posts:
76
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Any way to add another categories list?

I have got as far as the document side box and added a catagory in there but where do I change the document header? I have looked all over for it!

Also, can I move the document side box to the right hand side?

Thanks in advance!

15 Feb 2007, 10:54 AM
#5
jas99villa avatar

jas99villa

New Zenner

Join Date:
May 2006
Posts:
76
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Any way to add another categories list?

I have been able to move the sidebox now!

I am still having problems changing the title of the sidebox from Documents. Is it not possible to change it and if so where do I do it as I have searched everywhere I could think of?

The website is https://www.cockerssports.co.uk/shop

Help would be much appreciated.

Jason.

15 Feb 2007, 3:14 PM
#6
ajeh avatar

ajeh

Oba-san

Join Date:
Sep 2003
Location:
Ohio
Posts:
62,757
Plugin Contributions:
1

Re: Any way to add another categories list?

If I were trying to do this, but I am not ... I'd go to the Tools ... Developer's Tool Kit and type in the bottom input box:
Documents

And select Catalog from the dropdown and click Search ...

Then look to see where the define is located in the language files and copy that to my templates and overrides directory and customize it to read something else ...

That's what I would do if I were trying to do this ... :cool:

16 Aug 2007, 8:57 AM
#7
thomasw98 avatar

thomasw98

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Eugene, OR
Posts:
166
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Any way to add another categories list?

Ajeh:

You can get creative on the Document sidebox ...

This is restricted to categories that are marked as Document General...

This little trick worked great for me. Got it running smooth in no time.

Thanks!

Thomas :D