Zen Cart Logo
Forums / Addon Sideboxes / Uncollapsed Categories Tree

Uncollapsed Categories Tree

Views: 20,334

Results 1 to 20 of 37
17 Jun 2007, 10:39 AM
#1
fragfutter avatar

fragfutter

New Zenner

Join Date:
Jun 2005
Posts:
2
Plugin Contributions:
0

Uncollapsed Categories Tree

In a shop with only a few categories, it might be useful to uncollapse all subcategories. The customer can directly select the category he is interested in.

Here is a new sidebox showing all categories, all the time. It will use all the same templates and configuration options of the default category sidebox, but will always unfold.

You can see a demo at

http://shop.frankfurt.it/

The Sidebox was referred as ch_categories by this forum. This release fixes some bugs and makes it comaptible with zen cart 1.3.x (tested with 1.3.7)
http://plone.held-im-ruhestand.de/software/zen-cart-categories

6 Jul 2007, 1:07 AM
#2
edjusted avatar

edjusted

New Zenner

Join Date:
Jul 2005
Posts:
19
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

This is great! Is there a way to control how many levels are uncollapsed? I'd like it only to uncollapse one level (We currently have 2 levels of sub-categories).

14 Feb 2008, 2:14 PM
#3
gezuvor avatar

gezuvor

New Zenner

Join Date:
Apr 2007
Location:
Orange County, CA
Posts:
88
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

Same here. I only want to expose the top level and first sub-level...

14 Feb 2008, 10:36 PM
#4
littleolemedesigns avatar

littleolemedesigns

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Dec 2007
Posts:
142
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

Same here.. I'm anxious to know if this mod allows you to open ONLY the top level category and first level of sub categories. I'm needing something to do that for a client's store and I don't want to go install things willy-nilly just to check them out.

20 Feb 2008, 8:53 PM
#5
kruna avatar

kruna

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Sep 2006
Posts:
405
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

me too...would be great to know how to acomplish this...

regards,
kruna

20 Feb 2008, 9:03 PM
#6
yellow1912 avatar

yellow1912

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Oct 2006
Posts:
5,422
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

Take a look at the Simple Category Tree under my sig. You can also search the forum for its support thread along with demo link.

20 Feb 2008, 9:22 PM
#7
kruna avatar

kruna

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Sep 2006
Posts:
405
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

thank you very much yellow 1912.

i tried the mod under your sig, but nothing happens...

here is what I did:

I copied/pasted your code in a php file called

simple_categories_tree.php (which i uploaded in includes/classes

and

config.simple_categories_tree.php (uploaded in includes/auto_loaders

but nothing happened.

What did I do wrong?

thanks for help.

regards,
kruna

20 Feb 2008, 9:27 PM
#8
yellow1912 avatar

yellow1912

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Oct 2006
Posts:
5,422
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

Did you read the readme.txt file ? :)

20 Feb 2008, 9:44 PM
#10
kruna avatar

kruna

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Sep 2006
Posts:
405
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

Did you read the readme.txt file ? :)...:blush:not at first...

ok I have read it now, although I didnt understood very well I tried to implemente the codes, but now the design is gone, please take a look at my sig.

regards,
kruna

20 Feb 2008, 10:23 PM
#11
kruna avatar

kruna

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Sep 2006
Posts:
405
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

hi...I put it back like it was before meanwhile i find a solution or get help.

Here is a screenshot of how it looked.

I managed to get the subcats to see, but the design was gone and suddenly i had the cats twice but the second pair of cats was collapsed.

best regards,
kruna

20 Feb 2008, 10:24 PM
#12
yellow1912 avatar

yellow1912

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Oct 2006
Posts:
5,422
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

You have to turn off your default cat sidebox.
As for the design is gone, please follow this debug instruction:
https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

20 Feb 2008, 10:37 PM
#13
kruna avatar

kruna

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Sep 2006
Posts:
405
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

hi,
if i turn off the default cat i dont see categories at all...as for the debbug..I wouldnt know what to fix, as I am not very familiar.

thank you very much for all your help so far, I really do appreciate, but somehow it doesnt work for me and of course it is not your mod, but my lack of knowledge to implement it...:blush:

regards,
kruna

20 Feb 2008, 10:40 PM
#14
yellow1912 avatar

yellow1912

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Oct 2006
Posts:
5,422
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

If you put the 2 category trees (the default one and the new one) in 2 different sideboxes, you should be able to turn off just one of them.

You may not know how to debug, but you can copy the errors you get and post here.

20 Feb 2008, 10:53 PM
#15
kruna avatar

kruna

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Sep 2006
Posts:
405
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

hmmm...now i lost track completely. I have only one category tree. The codes which i found in your readme docs, i added them to the default files and loaded them up to MY_TEMPLATE direction.

I guess it was the wrong way...

I will have to look over it again...step by step...

As for the design, I was able to peak in some websites using your mod and I found out that I would have to make changes in the stylesheet...hopefully this will sort it out.

regards,
kruna

20 Feb 2008, 10:57 PM
#17
kruna avatar

kruna

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Sep 2006
Posts:
405
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

:blush:...yes I just noticed that reading more carefully and trying it out...

11 Mar 2008, 6:19 AM
#18
vandiermen avatar

vandiermen

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Feb 2007
Posts:
518
Plugin Contributions:
1

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

Thanks!
your mob work for me in both 1.3.8 and 1.3.7
there were 2 other mods that do the same thing but nether of them just worked automatically with out doing anything extra like yours!

11 Mar 2008, 6:21 AM
#19
vandiermen avatar

vandiermen

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Feb 2007
Posts:
518
Plugin Contributions:
1

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

you could add it to the download section...

24 Apr 2008, 5:16 PM
#20
littleolemedesigns avatar

littleolemedesigns

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Dec 2007
Posts:
142
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Uncollapsed Categories Tree

yellow1912 ... Wonderful mod.. I got it to work perfectly.. it would be nice to have it in a downloadable file like the other mods, but nonetheless.. works good.

My question is how do you get rid of the bullets.. or make it where it uses the same bullet styles that the regular categories box does that can be set from the admin:

Categories Separator between the Category Name and Count
-and-
Categories Separator between the Category Name and Sub Categories

Also.. on a side note.. you have a splash page thing on your demo store... do you have that for download somewhere?