Admin - Modules - Payment
- Allows you to install, edit or disable payment processing systems.
How do I set up the basic Credit Card Payment Module?
There are several payment modules in Admin > Modules > Payment. Many of them are for payment gateways where the customer's credit card is authorized automatically while they are online, and payment is deposited to your merchant bank account (which you set up with your bank) automatically.
However, if you wish to simply collect the customer's credit-card information and run it through your own terminal manually, here is how to configure and use it:
- Go to Admin > Modules > Payment.
- Click on Credit-Card
- Click on Install
- Click on Edit
- Set the following:
- Enable Credit Card Module = true
- Collect & store the CVV number = true
- Store the Credit Card Number = true
- Split Credit Card E-Mail Address ---> ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HERE
- Payment Zone ---> leave as -none-
- Set Order Status ---> suggest to set it to Pending
- Sort order ... set this to the order you want this to appear in relation to other payment modules on the customer's checkout page.
- Click Update
- Customer places an order and provides their CC info.
- In your Admin > Customers > Orders, you'll see their order.
- If you click on that order, you'll see the details. Their credit card number will be displayed, but with the MIDDLE EIGHT DIGITS blanked out with XXXXXXXX.
- Check your email for a message related to the order number you have on your screen.
- In the email are the 8 digits that were blacked out with XXXXXXXX
- Assemble the credit card number and enter it into your merchant Terminal to process the CC transaction.
- Assuming the credit card purchase is approved by your merchant, you can mark the order as Processing.
We suggest you also add the authorization number to the Comments field before you save the new order status.
If you want to let the customer know the payment has been approved, check the box that says notify customer, and they'll get an email right away showing the authorization number you entered (and any other comments), and the updated order status.
- Once you ship the order, you likely want to update the order status on this same screen to Delivered.
WHY do we split the CC number up like this?
Your merchant's Terms of Service (TOS) will be very clear that you're not allowed to store customer credit card numbers in a retrieval system, and that if you do and your system is hacked and your customer's credit card info is stolen and used fraudulently, you will be liable for all unauthorized purchases made with those credit card numbers. Hence, to protect you and your customers, the full numbers are not stored in Zen Cart™, but are split up into two separate mechanisms for safety, but still simple to use.
How Do I Set Up The PayPal™ Payment Module?
PayPal configuration details moved here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal