Admin - Gift Certificate/Coupons - Mail Gift Certificate
- Allows you to generate gift certificates and issue them by email.
To generate/mail a gift certificate from your web site
Note: mailing gift certificates requires the gift certificate to be installed. Please note that emails are recognized by redemption code, and not a name. This is no harder then using any web mail.
1. Log in to the Zen Cart™ Admin section.
3. In the drop down menu select and existing customer to send the gift certificate, or enter a new address in the field below it.
4. Make sure that the default from address is who you want the email to be from.
5. Enter email subject like, 'You have a Gift Certificate from a web site running Zen Cart™.'
6. Enter the amount value of the gift certificate.
7. Enter a message to go with it.
8. Click send mail.
9. On the next page review and send the certificate.
Your customer will receive an email that look something like this.
BODY TEXT THAT YOU ENTERED
The Gift Certificate is worth $20.00
To redeem this Gift Certificate, please click on the link below. Please also write down the Redemption Code which is 20b171589e in case you have any problems.
or visit http://www.YOUTSITE.com/store/ and enter the code during the checkout process
This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to YOUTSITE@YOURMAIL.com
Release a gift certificate once issued
If you are generating a gift certificate for one someone purchased, you will need to go to the Gift Certificates Queue menu to release the gift certificate that you have just issued.