Difference between revisions of "Administration"
From Zen Cart(tm) Wiki
(→Initial Setup and Management)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Troubleshooting ==
== Troubleshooting ==
Revision as of 14:26, 3 February 2007
Initial Setup and Management
Admin Menu Sections
- My Store — General information about your site.
- Minimum Values — Defines minimum values for various options in validation of user input.
- Maximum Values — Defines maximum values for various items that will appear on each page/in each block.
- Images — Controls size of images on each page/each type of content.
- Customer Details — Controls options to include in User Login/Registration and My Account pages.
- Shipping/Packaging — General shipping information including locations, weight and size limits, etc.
- Product Listing — Controls appearance of main Product Listing pages.
- Stock — Control various options regarding stock control.
- Logging — Controls how events are logged.
- E-Mail Options — Various email configuration options.
- Attribute Settings — Controls how product attributes are handled.
- GZip Compression — Controls compression settings if the information is transmitted to the user's web browser in compressed format.
- Sessions — Information about user sessions (such as whether they are stored in a file on the server or in a cookie on the browser).
- Regulations — Provision of terms and conditions for customers.
- GV Coupons — Various configuration options for the Gift Voucher module.
- Credit Cards — Determine which credit cards to accept.
- Product Info — Basic options controlling elements to include on Product Info page.
- Layout Settings — Controls certain layout options.
- Website Maintenance — Controls how your store appears to customers when it is down for maintenance.
- New Listing — How and where certain product listing information for new listings are displayed.
- Featured Listing — How and where certain product listing information for featured listings are displayed.
- All Listing — How and where certain product listing information for all listings are displayed.
- Index Listing — Whether certain items show on main page.
- Define Page Status — Controls whether define pages editor text is used and whether a link to a certain page is displayed.
- EZ-Pages Settings — Various options to configure the EZ-Pages; an easy way to add new pages of content.
- Categories/Products — Create and edit products and categories.
- Product Types — View and edit product types.
- Products Price Manager — Edit product pricing by category.
- Option Name Manager — View, edit, add and delete option names.
- Option Value Manager — View, edit, add and delete option values.
- Attributes Controller — View and edit product attributes.
- Downloads Manager — View and edit certain information about downloadable items.
- Option Name Sorter — View and edit sort order for option names.
- Option Value Sorter — Change sort order for option values.
- Manufacturers — View, add, edit or delete manufacturer information.
- Reviews — Edit or delete customer supplied reviews
- Specials — View, edit or delete special pricing.
- Featured Products — View, add, edit or delete featured products.
- SaleMaker — View, add, edit or delete sales.
- Products Expected — View or edit expected products.
- Payment — Install, edit or disable payment processing systems.
- Shipping — Install, edit or disable shipping methods.
- Order Total — Install, edit or disable checkout totalizer items.
- Countries — Defines every country and ISO-3166 2-letter and 3-letter country code. Also defines the address format for letters sent by postal mail.
- Zones — Defines subdivisions of countries such as states/provinces or counties for tax or shipping purposes.
- Zones Definitions — Create a zone for tax purposes.
- Tax Classes — Used to differentiate between the type of tax calculations that apply to a given product.
- Tax Rates — Create a specific tax rate for a zone.
- Currencies — Add new currencies or edit existing ones.
- Languages — Add additional language(s) in order to internationalize the output generated by Zen Cart™.
- Orders Status — Add names of new order status entries, edit existing order status name entries, or delete an order status name entry.
- Products Viewed — List of the number of views of all products.
- Products Purchased — List of products which have been purchased.
- Customer Orders-Total — List of orders which have been placed.
- Products Low Stock — List of items sorted by number available in stock, low to high.
- Customers Referral — List of orders having a referral or coupon code.
- Template Selection — Assigns a tempate to a language as the default for that language.
- Layout Boxes Controller — Shows how and where certain side boxes are to be displayed.
- Banner Manager — Manage various "fortune cookie"-type text banners.
- Send Email — Compose a plaintext only (non-HTML) email message to be sent to a customer or a certain group of customers.
- Newsletter Manager — Compose an HTML (with optional plaintext) email message to be sent to a customer or a certain group of customers.
- Server/Version Info — Information about the web server and PHP running Zen Cart™.
- Who's Online — View certain information about the users who are currently connected to Zen Cart™.
- Admin Settings — View certain information about users who have administrator priveleges on Zen Cart™, or to grant administrator priveleges to certain users.
- Email Welcome — View the welcome message sent by Zen Cart™ when a user first registers for an account.
- Store Manager — Delete certain information from activity logs if they become too large (prior backup recommended).
- Developers Tool Kit — Search system files (to make it easier to make customizations).
- EZ-Pages — Add and remove special EZ-Pages pages which are easier to create or edit than standard PHP or HTML.
- Define Pages Editor — Edit certain definition pages.
- Install SQL Patches — Run SQL commands directly.
- Coupon Admin — Manage discount coupons.
- Gift Certificates Queue — View and release gift certificates which have been issued.
- Mail Gift Certificate — Generate gift certificates and issue them by e-mail.
- Gift Certificates sent — View gift vouchers which have been sent.
- Record Artists — View, add, edit and delete recording artists.
- Record Companies — View, add, edit and delete record companies.
- Music Genre — View, add, edit and delete music genres.
- Media Manager — View, add, edit and delete collection names, which may be assigned to products.
- Media Types — View, add, edit and delete media type names and media types (like MP3, WAV etc.).