Installation - Upgrade
Upgrading Your Site
Detailed upgrade instructions that help you retain your customizations while upgrading to new features, can be found in the installation ZIP file under the /docs/2.Readme-Upgrade.html file.
Here's a high-level overview of the process. NOTE: this will not save your customizations:
- Back up you site from the server as well as the copy on your computer.
- Backup your database
- I would create a new directory and copy your site into it
- Then create a new database and load your old database in it
- Next, change the two configure.php files to utilize the new directory and database
- This way ... when you attempt to upgrade you are "practicing" to see where the problems, if any will happen
- Make sure all appears to be working on your temp site.
- Now load the "new" version files to your new temp directory (from latest downloaded ZIP)
- Run the http://www.your_domain_name.com/your_new_site/zc_install
- Run the Upgrade Database
- I would do one at a time based on what is checked ... leave the first checkbox that the upgrader picked checked and uncheck the others.
- Advantage is that you can see your problems step by step
- Each time it completes it will recheck the boxes left to go.
- Continue in this method until all boxes are unchecked.
- If you find you have issues, you are not hurting anything and can always start over without damage to your existing shop and live database.
Reminder: Read the /docs/2.readme-upgrade.html document for step-by-step details and information on tools to help in the process.