Server Admin - Change Folders
From Zen Cart(tm) Wiki
I want to move/rename the folder Zen Cart is installed in on my server... How?
- Determine the new foldername where your Zen Cart files will be running from
- Go into Admin->Config->Sessions and change the Session Directory to reflect the new foldername. If you cannot do this, see the alternate approach in step 5 below.
- Move/Rename the folder. You may need to use your FTP program to do this.
- Your /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php files are used to point Zen Cart to the right folders. In those files, you need to update several entries to match the new path information:
- DIR_WS_ADMIN (in admin)
- DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN (in admin)
- DIR_FS_ADMIN (in admin)
- If you could not set the Session Write Directory in step 1 above, you can use a utility to do it for you. The goal is to make sure that the new path information (specifically the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE setting in your new configure.php file) matches the Session Write Directory setting. If it doesn't, you may end up with difficulties logging in to the Admin area or maintaining login sessions in the store. The Fix Cache Key Utility from the Downloads->Troubleshooting Tools area on the main Zen Cart site will help you to do this if you need assistance. There is no harm running it to have it check that things are set properly. Be sure to delete the file from your server when done.