Page 41 of 362 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hockey2112 View Post
    I just updated to the latest version listed above, and my product info is no longer being added to my site. The file uploads fine, and then when I click "Import" next to the file it gives me the "File Import Completed" message, but no products are added to my catalog. Any idea what would cause this?

The only major change I made recently was the installation of my SSL.

--EDIT--
    I'm an idiot. It had to do with the file name of the CSV file. I removed the spaces and the & and it now works.

A separate issue... I have Product Category ! and 2 filled out for a few products that should be listed in a subcategory, but all of those products are just getting lumped into the primary category. Any idea what might fix that?

Looks like I was doing the categories the "old" way. They now seem to be working fine when I use a single category column with a "^" between the category names.

Another issue... the products that I just uploaded using the latest EP were now showing "Min: 0 Units: 0" on the product pages and on the category pages. This does not show up on my other products that I had previously added to the site. When I add one of those new products to my cart, it gives me a "Quantity Units errors" message and I cannot proceed.

I had my Product Layout set to not display the amount in stock. I have each product set to Product Qty Minimum: 1 / Product Qty Maximum: 0 / Product Qty Units: 1, and have confirmed that the new products are set up exactly like the old ones. Every one of my products has "1000" in the Products Quantity field.

I downloaded a full EP and it shows that the units and minimum were set to "0", even though they were showing up as 1 and 1 in my zen cart back-end. I changed them all to 1, re-imported, and the issue is resolved.
    Last edited by hockey2112; 13 Jun 2012 at 06:46 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hockey2112 View Post
    A separate issue... I have Product Category ! and 2 filled out for a few products that should be listed in a subcategory, but all of those products are just getting lumped into the primary category. Any idea what might fix that?
    Please attach some data... you more than likely have the category specified wrong.

If you have mixed products and categories on the same level, you will need to fix this first, then run Tools > Store Manager "Reset ALL Products Master Categories ID" to be sure you don't have something wrong here.

Also. If you are not making backups with Dr. Byte's MySQL Backup tool prior to importing data, you have no way to easily roll back when something goes wrong. Please see Post #1 in this thread.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Hi chadderuski,

I followed your guideline, but the option name and option values do not display. Do you have any other tips?

Thanks for your support and help.

John

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    Please try this: Describe in plain English the attribute and attribute values that you want to assign to one product. Note that the product must already exist in your database.

For example: "I have a product widget that I want to assign the attribute Color with values red,green,blue as a dropdown box"

Then your CSV will look like:

hope this helps

Plugin Contributions

John,

Are you following the mandatory naming convention for attribute importing? The basic file must start with "Attrib-Basic-EP" and the detailed with "Attrib-Detailed-EP" (with no quotes in the name).

If you don't use these, the script doesn't know how to handle the file.

Also, if you attach a portion of your basic file that would help.

Plugin Contributions

John,

Are you following the mandatory naming convention for attribute importing? The basic file must start with "Attrib-Basic-EP" and the detailed with "Attrib-Detailed-EP" (with no quotes in the name).

If you don't use these, the script doesn't know how to handle the file.

Also, if you attach a portion of your basic file that would help.
    Yes, I do follow the mandatory naming convention for attribute importing. I tried to attach the file, but I could not upload it. Therefore, I use this link directly from my web folder. Please take a look at it and give me your advice. Thanks so much.

http://theladystuff.com/temp/test.csv

John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnn196703 View Post
    Yes, I do follow the mandatory naming convention for attribute importing. I tried to attach the file, but I could not upload it. Therefore, I use this link directly from my web folder. Please take a look at it and give me your advice. Thanks so much.

http://theladystuff.com/temp/test.csv

John
    John,

What name did you give the file? Also, you are attempting to load more columns that the BASIC allows. Please see my example above.

After you load the basic attributes, you can export the detail sheet to modify any of the settings.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

My sister is our spreadsheet-queen and her results, and from what little I've done myself, show that the basic attributes are working out just fine! So far, so good. And possibly the easiest, simplest attribute importer of all easy populates over the years.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

John,

What name did you give the file? Also, you are attempting to load more columns that the BASIC allows. Please see my example above.

After you load the basic attributes, you can export the detail sheet to modify any of the settings.

-chadd
    Hi Chadd,

If I upload the BASIC attributes and import them, I saw the message "None of your products imported, "Skipped All""

v_products_model, v_products_options_type, v_products_options_name_1, v_products_options_values_name_1

Please give me more tips. Thanks!

John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnn196703 View Post
    Hi Chadd,
    If I upload the BASIC attributes and import them, I saw the message "None of your products imported, "Skipped All""
    v_products_model, v_products_options_type, v_products_options_name_1, v_products_options_values_name_1
    Please give me more tips. Thanks!
    John
    John, I'd like to help, but I'm not getting enough information. Please send me a PM with a location of your original CSV file... the one you clicking "Import" on.

Also, you did FIRST import the products to create them? Attributes can only be assigned to Existing products.

-chadd

Hi

Sorry for my english, i'm spanish and write bad
    Please, I need help with typical spanish symbols. When I import a CSV file, if exist spanish symbol in the descriptions, then cut the description.
    Example: To import "Pequeño horno eléctrico" in the BD only appears "Peque", because the next character only exist in spanish.
    I don't know solve it
    Thanks, regards