Plugin Contributions

Default Font color problem (links color)

Hi guys,

Well I made a lot of progress, I got everything up and running and it's working (yeah!!). I'm not using overrides at this time but I plan on re-creating the cart in another directory later and taking my time and doing things right on that one.

So basically I've been modifying the files at
    /includes/languages/english/classic/
    /includes/languages/english/html_includes/classic

Anyway, I'm having a problem with the link colors on my site. I went into the .css files and changed everywhere I could find that default light-blue link color code, and replaced it with a burgundy color code.

The strange problem is that *some* links have changed to burgundy, some haven't (in the same sections! ie - product listings, some are blue, some are burgundy!)

For example, if you go to my site at http://www.getqlink.com/

and click on the "Q-Link Pendants" category, you will see that some of the products listed have a light blue link, and some have a burdundy link. I can't understand why they have different color settings, I would think one change in the appropriate css file should have changed all of them (or none of them if I changed the wrong code, but SOME of the links in the same section?)

Does anyone know which CSS file and which specific entry affects these other link colors?

Lastly, the link colors in the sidebars under 'Information' and 'More Information', which .css file / entry controls that color? I also want to set that to burgundy.

Thanks!
    Nathalie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Font color problem (links color)

Get yourself a copy of FireFox and add in the Web Developer's Kit.

Use the Information menu button to Display Div Order or Ctrl-Shift-F to view the information about your css settings.

Once you find the div or section info, it'll be easier to fix the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I have the webdev for firefox, it's handy for viewing CSS but I'm not sure what to look for regarding those links (I'm never used CSS before) or what exactly to do with the webdev kit.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
    nathalie

Plugin Contributions

Natalie

The links are different because some are links that you have not yet clicked on yourself which take the a or a:link styling and the others are ones that you have visited that take the a:visited styling.

Although you have been through and made these styles the same color, for some reason the color is commented out in your stylesheet_new.css file. This is what the relevant section (near the top) looks like
    a:visited {
    /*color: #800000;*/
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    If you remove the comment markers that I have highlighted in red about, then you should get the effect you were expecting.

P.S. That color has an official HTML color name. It's called maroon and if it makes things easier for you, you can simply use the following instead of the hex code
    color: maroon;
    P.P.S In the downloads section there is a set of maroon buttons that can be loaded into your template directory and would exactly match your links.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thank you SO MUCH!

I didn't even realize that was commented out, worked like a charm.

I will check out those downloads too.

Nathalie