Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Protx VSP Direct v2.0.0

We have installed the add customers from admin addon and use the COD payment module, obviously changing the text within it, as a telephone payment option. It means we can process telephone orders through the site and use telephone payment as the payment option.
    It also means customers have a site login to use and a discount coupon burning a hole in their pocket which is never a bad thing!
    If you then install the master password addon you will be able to access accounts for your customers by email address and have their address details to hand when they ring.

Hope it helps.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that ceegeeaar; that would work up until the payment part.
    Their are staff who place orders but don't have access to the Protx VSPAdmin to place payments.

I'm just looking into how I can change the data that is sent to Protx. from the payment module.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post

Erm, your accounts people should really be taking the order information from the Zen Cart orders database, rather than the payment gateway's transaction database. Protx's records are more about the card processing records, which is really just the security information and total balance. The cart details are actually a nicety which Protx provides to make the VSP admin more functional and intuitive... most other payment gateways don't provide this information at all.

Are you saying that your accounts people interact solely with your VSP admin and not your actual store?
    No, once the order is received and we have established we can fulfil it, it get's entered into our main business system and from that point on that is our main record of the sale. Some orders don't make it that far, as we may not be able to fulfil them for a number of reasons, credit score, dodgy addresses etc, so we don't even use the Zen Order database really either. Our problem is that as it currently stands, the flow of information goes from Customer > Zen > Protx > Bank > Accounts > Taxman and it is a problem when as a business we reach the annual VAT threshold before 11am every day of the year so we need to be absolutely certain that there are no "holes" in the system which could draw suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    The line you will want to change is line 1128 of /includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php:

PHP Code:
    $cart_string .= ":Shipping:1:" $shipping_formatted ":----:" $shipping_formatted ":" $shipping_formatted
    Change it to:

PHP Code:
    $cart_string .= ":Shipping:1:4.21:0.74:4.95:4.95" 
    It should be pretty obvious what's being done above so I don't think I need to explain it, but if any of the values need changed, obviously just adjust them as required!

As I've said though, this isn't a standard or recommended way to use the system, but if it's what you want then it's what you want! :)

Please also remember that you'll have to manually apply this change each time you update the Protx Direct module (although no upgrades are planned for the near future as there are currently no known issues! :) ).
    This will do for us, as mentioned above we need to lock down any little matters like this. Thanks. I'll try to remember this each time there is a change, but if in a year's time, I am wondering what as gone wrong with my installation, you'll know I've forgotten to reapply the changes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by smudge View Post
    I have a Plesk based host which has proven difficult install via Pear. I have installed Crypt_Blowfish manually as per instructions and the Admin show this as OK. With the Crypt directory in place step 3 of 3 checkout_confirmation.php fail with a blank page!
    Ahh !!

If you are still with your Plesk based host and are still having problems, then you should be able to get this working. I had trouble earlier in the year, but once you realise that Plesk is effectively a platform for running your own hosting business and that a lot of the settings which you have been changing are set on a per domain basis instead of where you would usually change them, it becomes clear.

You need to have a look at your conf directory under your vhost directory. vhost.conf and vhost_ssl.conf are they key to getting this working and where you will need to make your changes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshirePetShop View Post
    Is it possible to use this module to allow customers to order as normal and have an option to use the moto account, so staff can put orders through the zen cart site as normal, but without getting the 3d secure pages?

Protex have mentioned creating a seperate button for staff to use and change the AccountType parameter from E to M. (as mentioned at the bottom of page 40 in this document: http://www.protx.com/downloads/docs/...nGuideline.pdf )

Not sure how that will work, as everyone could just use the staff button to bypass the 3D stuff (unless IP addresses could be used.)
    Warren
    Warren

We desperately want this function too. As you say, changing the Account Type parameter is probably the easy bit, making sure the public can't change it is the difficult bit.

Could the add customer in admin module be used as a base to add orders too?

We would certainly be willing to pay for this module if anyone is interested in developing it - Conor ;)

Craig

Plugin Contributions

Hi Warren,

Is it possible to use this module to allow customers to order as normal and have an option to use the moto account, so staff can put orders through the zen cart site as normal, but without getting the 3d secure pages?
    I'm afraid that the only reliable way to have this work would for the module to be able to tell that a staff member was logged in or to require some sort of code to be entered.. If going the "entering a code" route then obviously this should be hidden from customers as much as possible so as not to confuse them.

Either solution however is a custom job so we would have to build the software and bill you directly. If you're interested in proceeding, please contact us using the contact form on the website:

http://dev.ceon.net/contact_us

Plugin Contributions

Their are staff who place orders but don't have access to the Protx VSPAdmin to place payments.

I'm just looking into how I can change the data that is sent to Protx. from the payment module.

Can you not just allow them limited VSPAdmin access?

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to add AccountType into this bit at the end:

Code:
    $submit_data = array(
        'VPSProtocol' => '2.22',
        'TxType' => $auth_type, // Transaction Type
        'Vendor' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_VENDOR_NAME, // Vendor Login ID
        'VendorTxCode' => $unique_transaction_id,  // Unique Transaction ID
        'Amount' => $currency_amount,
        'Currency' => $currency_code,
        'Description' => substr(STORE_NAME . ' - Zen Cart Order @ ' . date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time()), 0, 100),
        'CardHolder' => substr($_POST['card_owner'], 0, 50),
        'CardNumber' => $_POST['card_number'],
        'ExpiryDate' => $_POST['card_expires'],
        'CV2' => (isset($_POST['card_cvv']) ? $_POST['card_cvv'] : ''),
        'CardType' => $_POST['card_type'],
        'BillingAddress' => substr($billing_address, 0, 200),
        'BillingPostCode' => substr($billing_postcode, 0, 10),
        'CustomerName' => substr($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], 0, 100),
        'ContactNumber' => substr($order->customer['telephone'], 0, 20),
        //   'ContactFax' => '',
        'CustomerEmail' => substr($order->customer['email_address'], 0, 255),
        //   'GiftAidPayment' => '',
        'ApplyAVSCV2' => $apply_avs_cv2,
        'Apply3DSecure' => $apply_3d_secure,
        'ClientIPAddress' => $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']
        );
    but it only puts it in when a certain IP address is entering the order?

So;
    Code:
    if (getenv("REMOTE_ADDR") = 123.123.123.123) { echo 'AccountType' => 'M'; }else 'AccountType' => 'E'; }
    Will that work?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Warren,

Please don't post large blocks of code from the module in this forum. I know you don't mean any harm but the code is covered by a commercial license so that it can continue to be supported!

If you have any more code questions please post them to us through our website.

Will that work?
    The code you posted would work with some minor adjustments (no echoing! :) ) but would obviously be completely hard coded. Do all of your staff use the same static IP address to access the internet?

If they want to connect from more than one static IP address a method of determining that a staff member is logged in would be advisable. Remember the problem here isn't getting the information to Protx, it's determining who should be able to change what information gets to Protx.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry Conor Didn't think.

Hard coding wouldn't be a bad things as the internet connection has a fixed IP address and everyone connects from the same connection.

I'll give it a test and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for help.

p.s. This could be a nice additional feature to this module. From what I can gether I'm not the only one after this functionality. Like CES plus it's been mentioned elsewhere on the web.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast