Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade from ? to 1.3.5

Hi All,

I didn't actually install my version of zen cart - my hosting had it already installed and I just had to click a button and voila, it was all there for me.

Well, I have no idea what version I'm using, but I know it's not 1.3.5 because there is a logging feature on the paypal module that I need, but is missing.

So, I'm stuck. I downloaded the file, cried when I read the install text document (and it was the "quick and easy instructions too!) and now, I am 100% clueless as to where to start in upgrading to the newer version.

I'm desperate to do it to because I'm having a problem with paypal payments, I am no longer receiving any emails at all to tell me what a person has ordered - I only get the money and that's it - I sheepishly have to ring the customer and ask what they bought!

Can any kind soul take pity on me and help me out here? I have a family sized pack of Doritos you can have....

Thanks

Nat

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade from ? to 1.3.5

it seems this latest update has tons of errors, i wonder why didnt things get sorted properly?
    was getting orders all ok before this, now no order details or orders in history just paypal payments without knowing what they are for and no cusomer notification emails either

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ezhost View Post
    it seems this latest update has tons of errors, i wonder why didnt things get sorted properly?
    was getting orders all ok before this, now no order details or orders in history just paypal payments without knowing what they are for and no cusomer notification emails either

I don't even have the upgraded version - i'm still on an old one which also has the paypal problems.

Plugin Contributions

If your PayPal worked before and it isn't working now, either PayPal is not working or your host has changed something. Since we have been getting reports of problems with PayPal the last couple of days I would suspect them.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    If your PayPal worked before and it isn't working now, either PayPal is not working or your host has changed something. Since we have been getting reports of problems with PayPal the last couple of days I would suspect them.
    regardless of who has the problem, I can't log my paypal transactions because I'm running an old version of zen, which brings me back to the point of this post - which is, how do you upgrade? Yes, I read the technical spec, and was lost at line 4.

Thanks