I have been adding digital products almost every week for over 12 years now so I do have quite a large store. Even my regular customers tend to discover something "new" regularly. To help them, I started, a couple of years ago, to feature a past product that was popular.

To determine which product was popular, I use the number of sales. If I go to the "products purchased" report, I will get all the products sorted by the number of sales. This is a little skewed since I have some products that are free, some that have been there for 10 years, while others were released just last year. I also have products that are seasonal (Easter, Christmas, summer, Valentine, etc.) so I would like to get the products sorted by DATE instead.

Is that something possible?

So far, I have created a spreadsheet that I update regularly, with the product names, number of sales, month it was released (mostly for the seasonality) and it is just tedious to update so I am looking for something a little more "automated" if possible. (I have over 800 products!)