Quote Originally Posted by icklebits View Post
When I had my original cart in a "cart" folder I had to copy each and every file over to my main directory individually it took ages. There must be an easier way to do that?
I'm not sure what you mean by that statement. ZC is designed to build a custom template without changing files that will be overwritten when upgrading. If you copied "each and every file to my main directory", you may not have followed the custom template outline which will cause problems when you upgrade. All your work will be overwritten. The list in my previous post is what I've found to be the basic files you need and where you need to create them.

For example, if you need to change something in english.php the original file is located in includes\languages\english\english.php. You create a folder in includes\languages\ and call it whatever you want (YOUR_TEMPLATE in my example) and then copy english.php into it, so you end up with includes\languages\YOUR_TEMPLATE\english.php and make your changes in the copy, not the original. When you upload to your website, the YOUR_TEMPLATE directories you created will be uploaded with the rest of ZC. No copying/uploading individual files (unless you need to). Because the ZC upgrade won't include directories called YOUR_TEMPLATE, your work won't be overwritten.