Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UTF-8 Zen-Cart Tutorial for v1.3.x

and another question, do I need to save any fileas as without BOM?I am so much confused now after reading a lots of posts here and trying to figure out the truth...

P.s:I am at the moment using my local PC(localhost for testing) and latest version of zencart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Russian Language PAck

and another question, do I need to save any fileas as without BOM?I am so much confused now after reading a lots of posts here and trying to figure out the truth...

P.s:I am at the moment using my local PC(localhost for testing) and latest version of zencart

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_X View Post
    Create a new file for it:
    /includes/extra_configures/my_db_charset.php
    Code:

<?php define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf-8');
    Be sure to do that in your /RENAMED-ADMIN/includes/extra_configures folder too!!!!!
    If you don't, then your admin activity won't be treated as utf-8.

So the question is what to do now? I looked in phpmyadmin, when i see the structure of my database, all the tables collation is set to "latin1_general_ci" and at the end of the list on the last row (where one can see the number of pages) I see in collation field "utf8_general_ci".
    Well, I guess that's possible if you hadn't set the /zc_install/includes/installer_params.php file to use utf-8 as well:
    Code:
    <?php  define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
    I'm pretty sure you want to use "utf8", not "utf-8" when it comes to the DB_CHARSET. I think using "utf-8" would apply only in the language file.
    the name my_db_charset.php should be written as my_db_charset.php or instead of my_db the name of my db should be written?
    The filename doesn't matter. It could be called "fred.php" as long as the content inside is correct.

and another question, do I need to save any fileas as without BOM?
    Yes. ALL files that contain utf-8 encoding in them need to be saved as UTF8-without-BOM.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Russian Language PAck

Responded to your questions here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...58#post1002758

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a lot for your response, Dr. Byte,

I am now installing new fresh zencart using your advice and that article. I just set the /zc_install/includes/installer_params.php file to use utf-8 as well:

<?php define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

and when i started intallation process of zen cart I got Bad Getway Error. But when I changed installer_params.php file back to what was there originally, I see Instalation page. Any suggestions on what should I do now?:-(I guess the problem is somewhere here that my russian characters displayed as question marks. I am looking im Mysl forums as well to find the answer,but unfortunately no results yet:-(

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for saying I could not install it before. I just restarted my server and refreshed cash. Everything installed and on web site everything is shown in russian. Database tables are all set to utf_8_general_ci. Now I have different problem:When I add category or product in russian, after i save it, it is shown on the websites catalogue site as no name product like on the attached picture...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

If I write using latin alphabet then i see the names of the products...So there must be a problem with russian characters then:-(

Plugin Contributions

here some setting of the russian file:

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'ru.utf8');

// charset for web pages and emails
    define('CHARSET', 'windows-1251');

If I change to:
    define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');

I get site translated the way that i see instead of russian words the ??? inside black diamonds. When do i need to convert files to utf without bom?before insyallation or after?i did not do it yet...

Plugin Contributions

I was just thinking if this problem could occur because te old version of PHP and mysql?I have MySQL 5.0.45 and PHP/5.2.4 installed...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When do i need to convert files to utf without bom?before insyallation or after?i did not do it yet...
    Either is fine. Before is okay. After is okay.

I was just thinking if this problem could occur because te old version of PHP and mysql?I have MySQL 5.0.45 and PHP/5.2.4 installed...
    MySQL version is unlikely to be a problem.

If you have the ability to use PHP 5.3 it might help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast