Page 151 of 226 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by integrity_designs View Post
    Can someone please tell me why I am not getting the correct parcel rate amount for this item
    Q1. What *should* the correct price be?
    Q2. Where are you sending the parcel too?

I am unsure of the dimensions for what a 3kg satchel should be etc...
    This can be found on the Australia Post website (If I knew them offhand I'd be telling you).

For what it is worth though, the item that you have linked to is going to be too large for a satchel .. in fact the size/weight dimensions are such that this item is subject to the cubing rules.

The shopping cart will show the following:

I should be getting $16.85 BEFORE the handling amount.
    Not trying to be difficult, but my tests indicate that this item should cost $19.85 to Sydney 2000 (plus handling). I guess your destination postcode was different than the one I used.

It doesn't show up as $22 for Express Post when I had that option set in Admin either.
    Again, where did you determine how much this item should cost?
    What postcode are you using for testing?

I'd help if I could, but my (limited) test doesn't match any of the data that you have provided .. I also tried using destination postcode 3000, and gives me a quote of $16.45 *including $1.00 handling).

So, if you could provide any additional info so that we are both using the same data for testing I may be able to give you a more definitive response.

Also, for sanity sake, it is best to assume that the ozpost module is providing correct quotes, and if you find these don't match what you expect then it is probably your expectations that are wrong (as a result of not using identical data for comparison purposes?)

Cheers
    Rod.

ps. Australia Post are increasing their rates as of 4/4/11 .. ozpost.net will be quoting these new rates sometime this coming weekend.

Plugin Contributions

Q1. What *should* the correct price be?
    Q2. Where are you sending the parcel too?
    A1. I used the "Australia Post Calculate Parcel Charges" as a guide to make sure I was getting the correct postage charges.
    A2. I used postcode 7320 as a guide.

For what it is worth though, the item that you have linked to is going to be too large for a satchel .. in fact the size/weight dimensions are such that this item is subject to the cubing rules.
    Thanks for the heads up on the cubing. This could explain why I was having difficulty. Doesn't help that I don't have a satchel bag on hand or anything either.

Not trying to be difficult, but my tests indicate that this item should cost $19.85 to Sydney 2000 (plus handling). I guess your destination postcode was different than the one I used.
    Again, I used postcode 7320 as a guide on the Australia Post website and it came up with the $16.85 registered.
    This is being sent from 3850 by the way.

Also, for sanity sake, it is best to assume that the ozpost module is providing correct quotes, and if you find these don't match what you expect then it is probably your expectations that are wrong (as a result of not using identical data for comparison purposes?)

Cheers
    Rod.

ps. Australia Post are increasing their rates as of 4/4/11 .. ozpost.net will be quoting these new rates sometime this coming weekend.
    I don't doubt for a second that the ozpost module would be wrong. I have had a number of issues with the Australia Post Calculating Charger ever since they changed it.
    I am doubting myself that I have the dimensions around the correct way to get it working correctly.

Thanks for the heads up on the price increase and your help.
    Kind Regards Casey

Plugin Contributions

A1. I used the "Australia Post Calculate Parcel Charges" as a guide to make sure I was getting the correct postage charges.
    A2. I used postcode 7320 as a guide.
    20.90postage + 2.95 rego fee = $23.85 + $1.00 p&h = 24.85 is what is being quoted by your store for the linked item.

The item data is:
    weight 2417gms
    height=255mm
    width=300mm
    length=405mm

I've just entered this same data into the Australia Post calculator and am getting the same $20.90 base postage.

Thanks for the heads up on the cubing. This could explain why I was having difficulty.
    Cubing catches a LOT of people out if/when they are not aware of it, so don't feel too bad about this one.

Doesn't help that I don't have a satchel bag on hand or anything either.
    Satchels tend to be a lot smaller than people realise (especially the 500gm ones).

Again, I used postcode 7320 as a guide on the Australia Post website and it came up with the $16.85 registered.

This is being sent from 3850 by the way.
    Try it again... 'cos I can't seem to replicate this figure.

I don't doubt for a second that the ozpost module would be wrong. I have had a number of issues with the Australia Post Calculating Charger ever since they changed it.
    Actually, the Australia Post calulator is never wrong either, and experience tells me that any discrepency between the two different servers is always the result of different data being used (always inadvertently. It sometimes just takes a second pair of eyes to see the error).

I am doubting myself that I have the dimensions around the correct way to get it working correctly.
    I don't think it makes a difference on the aust Post server (I've never really experimented), but for the ozpost server there isn't an *incorrect* way.. Simply put, the ozpost server treats the longest dimension as the length, the shortest dimension as the height, and the remaining dimension becomes the width.. so a parcel with dimensions 30 x 40 x 50 is exactly the same as a parcel that is 50 x 40 x 30

Anyway, try entering the numbers into the australia post server again and see if you still get the same discrepency. you really shouldn't, because it is akin to having two pocket calculators giving different answers to the same input.. it simply doesn't happen (However, that doesn't prevent me from taking any such reports seriously, because the data tables used to perform the calculations may get changed (by aust Post), or god forbid, a hacker changing or corrupting the tables on our server

BTW, the aust post satchels are
    220mm x 353mm 500g
    310mm x 405mm 3kg
    435mm x 510mm 5Kg

HOWEVER, this assumes a zero mm height. In practice, as you place items in the satchel the 'height' will increase and the length/width will decrease by the same amount/2.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    20.90postage + 2.95 rego fee = $23.85 + $1.00 p&h = 24.85 is what is being quoted by your store for the linked item.

The item data is:
    weight 2417gms
    height=255mm
    width=300mm
    length=405mm

I've just entered this same data into the Australia Post calculator and am getting the same $20.90 base postage.

Cubing catches a LOT of people out if/when they are not aware of it, so don't feel too bad about this one.

Satchels tend to be a lot smaller than people realise (especially the 500gm ones).

Try it again... 'cos I can't seem to replicate this figure.

Actually, the Australia Post calulator is never wrong either, and experience tells me that any discrepency between the two different servers is always the result of different data being used (always inadvertently. It sometimes just takes a second pair of eyes to see the error).

I don't think it makes a difference on the aust Post server (I've never really experimented), but for the ozpost server there isn't an *incorrect* way.. Simply put, the ozpost server treats the longest dimension as the length, the shortest dimension as the height, and the remaining dimension becomes the width.. so a parcel with dimensions 30 x 40 x 50 is exactly the same as a parcel that is 50 x 40 x 30

Anyway, try entering the numbers into the australia post server again and see if you still get the same discrepency. you really shouldn't, because it is akin to having two pocket calculators giving different answers to the same input.. it simply doesn't happen (However, that doesn't prevent me from taking any such reports seriously, because the data tables used to perform the calculations may get changed (by aust Post), or god forbid, a hacker changing or corrupting the tables on our server

BTW, the aust post satchels are
    220mm x 353mm 500g
    310mm x 405mm 3kg
    435mm x 510mm 5Kg

HOWEVER, this assumes a zero mm height. In practice, as you place items in the satchel the 'height' will increase and the length/width will decrease by the same amount/2.

Cheers
    Rod

Hi Rod,
    I am at a total loss because it is not working for me....

Here is the debugging to try give you more information.

[SCR]http://www.integritylabels.com.au/online/images/forum/parcel-debugging.png[/SCR]

These are what I am getting (without handling costs)

[SCR]http://www.integritylabels.com.au/online/images/forum/parcel-shipping-no-handling.png[/SCR]

It is really doing my head in.....
    Thanks again ...
    Kind Regards Casey
    Last edited by Kim; 18 Aug 2011 at 02:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Ignore the above post....
    I found my mistake in the ozpost module / store.

Sending from 3850 to 3850 from the test account on the store
    BUT was sending from 3850 to 7320 from Australia Post Calculator.

Sorry.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Kind Regards Casey

Plugin Contributions

Hey Rod,

Will you be adding Star Track Express to the list?

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Ignore the above post....
    Great. I really wasn't looking forward to tackling that one

I found my mistake in the ozpost module / store.
    Sending from 3850 to 3850 from the test account on the store
    BUT was sending from 3850 to 7320 from Australia Post Calculator.
    Yeah, that would expain things

Sorry.
    No problem, really. I'd rather have the discrepencies reported only to find they are user error than not have them reported at all and then discover that something has changed that I wasn't aware of.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by giftpackaging View Post
    Hey Rod,

Will you be adding Star Track Express to the list?

Mike
    It hasn't been one that I've considered, mainly on account of the fact that I'd need to become an account holder simply to see what kind of interface they are using (not all interfaces are accessible via external scripts).

If there is a demand for it though, *and* if I'm eligible to become an account holder it would be something I'd consider.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    It hasn't been one that I've considered, mainly on account of the fact that I'd need to become an account holder simply to see what kind of interface they are using (not all interfaces are accessible via external scripts).

If there is a demand for it though, *and* if I'm eligible to become an account holder it would be something I'd consider.

Cheers
    Rod
    I'm up for it, so I hope there are some others. If you need account details I can try help you out with that.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by giftpackaging View Post
    If you need account details I can try help you out with that.
    Before going this far, assuming you have an account and have set up to obtain the online quotes, if you could please log onto their quote page and check to see if the URL for the page ends in ".php" or ".asp" it will help determine the feasibility of it.

If it's a PHP page it could be worth pursuing further, if it is an .asp page then the odds of me adding them this year are slim to none.

Cheers
    Rod