Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS, UPS Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by hookah View Post
    I do run my own server so I can change anything I need to. pfsockopen was off, but that never kept USPS from working before. I turned it back on and it didn't make any difference.

As for the recursion I have three choices, Any, Local Nets, or Local Host. It is currently set to Local Host. I changed it to Any for a test but it didn't make any difference.

This use to work, it just started failing recently.
    It appears you're dealing with a different problem? Is there anything you cache folder for error logging (I am assuming you're using Zen Cart 1.3.9)? Were you working on anything prior to your shipping quote not working? Are you experiencing the same thing on your test site (I am assuming you have one)? If you turn on UPS is that also not working? Your payment gateway working i.e. people can still checkout with PayPal.

If PayPal is working on your site you definitely are not dealing with the problem I had. If what I was thinking is true, any services that needs to access external site, like usps, ups, fedex, paypal, google checkout, etc. will NOT work on your site. If one is working then you situation is different.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    It appears you're dealing with a different problem? Is there anything you cache folder for error logging (I am assuming you're using Zen Cart 1.3.9)? Were you working on anything prior to your shipping quote not working? Are you experiencing the same thing on your test site (I am assuming you have one)? If you turn on UPS is that also not working? Your payment gateway working i.e. people can still checkout with PayPal.

If PayPal is working on your site you definitely are not dealing with the problem I had. If what I was thinking is true, any services that needs to access external site, like usps, ups, fedex, paypal, google checkout, etc. will NOT work on your site. If one is working then you situation is different.
    No, there is a bug in zencart and I found out what it is. I came up with a workaround and I am shipping again. But it would be nice if someone on the zencart team would address this...

My fix was to add the following line to usps.php on line 634
    Code:
    $service = str_replace('<sup>®</sup>','',$service);
    There are a lot of html special chars in there, hopefully someone will be able to read it.

The $service variable should have said "Priority Mail International" when it was saying "Priority {special chars here} Mail International" so I used str_replace to strip them out and now it works.

I am guessing that USPS changed something and now zencart chokes on it.
    The Hookah Store www.TheHookahStore.com

Plugin Contributions

hookah ... could you please check that the usps.php file, on the server, in:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

is the correct file USPS January 2, 2011 C from post #26 on:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...S+January+2011

your line number does not sound like the correct one to even find that ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post

Yeah, I was just about to point out as well that I think that's an outdate usps.php because I do not have the error reported in my file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post

Yep!! That fixed it! Your rewrite was a lot bigger and more complex than my one line workaround. I didn't bother to put the reg and trademark back in the displayed text..

Got your version installed and working now. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that using the current January 2, 2011 C version of USPS fixed the problems that you were having ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yep!! That fixed it! Your rewrite was a lot bigger and more complex than my one line workaround. I didn't bother to put the reg and trademark back in the displayed text..

Got your version installed and working now. Thanks.
    What version of Zen Cart are you using?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    I am using 1.39h

Also, I have the USPS module working perfectly with pfsockopen turned off and recursive DNS turned off. I am not sure why you needed those as the code doesn't even call pfsockopen.

Plugin Contributions

I am using 1.39h

Also, I have the USPS module working perfectly with pfsockopen turned off and recursive DNS turned off. I am not sure why you needed those as the code doesn't even call pfsockopen.
    Well, you will actually find out that if you search for fsockopen in the developer tool that there are some Zen Cart files that uses that function (but it definitely wasn't the reason for my original problem).

Also, our site is working just fine with recursion disabled to the outside world but enabled for internal network. It's definitely a server configuration thing. We run a very tight security configuration that sometimes I think we lock ourselves out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12