Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Geographic area Paypal problem

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I'd like to know whether making this adjustment has had any positive impact on your transactions.
    No, that had nothing to do with it.

I have switched back to IPN for now.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's not what I was asking.

So much for testing.

Thanks anyways.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That's not what I was asking.

So much for testing.

Thanks anyways.
    I did apply the changes you suggested last week, but that didn't fix the problem so I switched back to IPN yesterday after having 3 more people called angry because after they were taken to PayPal and try to login it to their PayPal account they were directed back to the our website and asked for CC#.

Plugin Contributions

Did my comment about being logged in or not mean anything to you DrByte?

malc

Plugin Contributions

For MALC,

When you say "Not Logged In" and then are "Logged In", could you provide the context of this, ie., are you using COWA or some other mod that allows you to checkout with being logged in or not?

This may have an important bearing on what, why and how of things. (Especially to (1) Those trying to troubleshoot the problem, and (2) Those who may be experiencing the same problem using the same mods as you.)

To wit, I had a customer make a purchase and it failed via PayPal Express Checkout. Fortunately, the customer is someone I know and we talked about it...

I then created a Test Product of $1 to re-create the scenario (why burn up real money for testing, so minimize the expense!) and it worked fine for me with the Test Product via PayPal whether I logged into PayPal to use my Personal PayPal Account and then again if I just used my CC/Debit Card (no PayPal account).

NOTES: I was logged in a as User/Member of my ZC cart. And I'm using Numinix's FEAC (Fast and Easy AJAX Checkout mod, v2.14.0). Further, I am using Zone Restrictions for the USA, as I don't currently sell outside of the USA at this time...

It worked just fine for me according to the PayPal and ZC emails that resulted from the transaction. The customer that I happen to personally know, will try again and get back to me on their results soon, on the off-hand chance that the cart or PayPal had a glitch.

For Dr. Byte and ZC team,

Every PayPal transaction is writing a file out to the Db cache location whether there is a problem or not. Is this typical? I thought that a file is written out ONLY if there is a problem or error per the Payment options in ZC - IF I set the Debug mode to Off. (My incorrect assumption?)

While this is not problematic, it is overhead I will need to deal with. And as I read on the Forum, I just now set the PayPal logs to "777". So this may have some bearing or not...

Ultimately, I would like to NOT log or write out everything to a file UNLESS there is a failure of some sort. Is this do-able? In other words, if a transaction is successful, ZC doesn't record the transaction in a Log File at all, anywhere - only when there is a problem or a failure is it logged in a file, etc.

My thinking is that PayPal keeps a record of the successful transactions, so it would be redundant for ZC to record it as well. ZC only needs to record failures for troubleshooting, etc.

Thanks in advance for your replies...

Mega Moonshine
    aka PrettySickPuppy.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mega Moonshine

I am not aware of any checkout mods to my 1.3.9h install, i have made only a few changes to the templates and installed the 'Zenned' British postcode addon, which changed eh zones for uk use and seems to be fine.
    I have tested quite a few times with the standard paypal and it works fine.
    So....(express) if i am not logged in and make a purchase it takes me to paypal, i log in and complete the transaction, it then redirects me to my shop an di find i have been automatically logged in. If i log in first before checking out it fails every time.
    I have no zone restrictions in place and i have mirrored my exact details to paypal in case.

thanks
    Malc

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by malc View Post
    Hi Mega Moonshine

I am not aware of any checkout mods to my 1.3.9h install, i have made only a few changes to the templates and installed the 'Zenned' British postcode addon, which changed eh zones for uk use and seems to be fine.
    I have tested quite a few times with the standard paypal and it works fine.
    So....(express) if i am not logged in and make a purchase it takes me to paypal, i log in and complete the transaction, it then redirects me to my shop an di find i have been automatically logged in. If i log in first before checking out it fails every time.
    I have no zone restrictions in place and i have mirrored my exact details to paypal in case.

thanks
    Malc
    Do you happen to have Free Shipper module activated?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Moonshine View Post
    For Dr. Byte and ZC team,

Every PayPal transaction is writing a file out to the Db cache location whether there is a problem or not. Is this typical? I thought that a file is written out ONLY if there is a problem or error per the Payment options in ZC - IF I set the Debug mode to Off. (My incorrect assumption?)

Ultimately, I would like to NOT log or write out everything to a file UNLESS there is a failure of some sort. Is this do-able? In other words, if a transaction is successful, ZC doesn't record the transaction in a Log File at all, anywhere - only when there is a problem or a failure is it logged in a file, etc.
    We are aware of this logging issue, and have fixed it for the next version.
    It is caused by a (relatively rare) server configuration where the lack of certain dependencies causes logging to engage despite it being turned off. We're removing those dependencies in the next version to allow for much broader compatibility.
    You can purge those logs yourself using your FTP program.
    Or, IIRC there's an option in the Admin->Tools->Store Manager to purge those logs too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCarPartsOnline View Post
    Do you happen to have Free Shipper module activated?
    Yes free shipping is enabled

malc

Plugin Contributions

I started having issues with IPN and EC after enabling the Free shipper module.

I do have another store that I launched last week that is almost identical to the store having the issues with Free Shipper disabled.

Only got 5 orders on PayPal but no issues.

This may narrow the issue down to Dr Byte. It seems that we both have the Free Shipper module enabled with multiple store zones.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast