Page 16 of 110 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Handler 3 Support Thread

Check if you have different owner id's for the bmz_cache folders and the subfolders which are created form zencart!

If they are different folow this:

Quote Originally Posted by DKunev View Post
    Problem number 1 resolved!

The problem consist in the ID that "owns the rights" for the subfolders in bmz_cache which are created by zen_cart...

The solution is: Just copy all the contents of bmz_cache to your computer ... delete the files on the server and upload the downloaded ones again! After that set the permisions to all folders and subfolders to 777

And you should be ok!

Plugin Contributions

One question from me about IH3 and Lightbox...

I see that Lightbox changes the file aditional_images.php in which IH3 also has code

When I install Lightbox what should i do with that file? Overwrite? Merge somehow?

Thanks!

The answer to your question is in the READ_ME file. Have a look at the tab "Misc" - specifically the first section that talks about using IH3 with Zen Lightbox.

I see that Lightbox changes the file aditional_images.php in which IH3 also has code

When I install Lightbox what should i do with that file? Overwrite? Merge somehow?

Thanks!
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Quote Originally Posted by beyre View Post
    Several times you have assumed I haven't read the read me file.
    Most people do not in fact read the READ_ME file, which is the cause of 99% of the questions asked on this support thread. When a question is asked that has an answer in the READ_ME file, (as was the case with you re: what happens to the images in the bmz_cache folder), then it is an accurate observation that the individual did not carefully and/or entirely read the READ_ME file.

Please understand this is not my first Zencart install, nor is it my first IH2/3 install. I've done this several times prior with never an issue.
    Thank you for pointing that out. There was no way for me to know this from your previous post. Please understand that good tech support must proceed from the point of view that the user knows nothing at all - otherwise the support can easily go above the user's skillset and knowledge base - leading to further frustration.

This is just the nature of tech support. It is not meant to be condescending or to imply that you or anyone else is an idiot. Proceeding from the POV that the user may be a newbie is meant to provide support to the broadest possible range of users because it allows you to disregard what you already know while providing assistance for what you may not know.

And don't forget, you could be a ZC expert, but you're not the only one reading this thread. Often, newbies who have problems get valuable information and support for similar problems posted by other people.

You were new once. Do you recall the frustration of discovering a post with the exact same issue you were experiencing, but had an answer you didn't understand because it was written above your knowledge base and skillset?

We try to avoid that here because it serves no one. I'm sorry you feel offended. Take a break, take a breath, step away, have some coffee, and come back at it with a fresh perspective.

Good luck and happy zenning
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Thanks!
    Yep its in the readme, just upload the lightbox version of aditional_images.php overtop of the Image handler version
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

- Yes, I have read the Read Me file in its entirety - several times.
    - Yes, I have followed the instructions to the letter.
    - Yes, I had done a 100% complete uninstall - as if I had never installed the script to begin with.
    These are mainly Guesses based on things that may have worked for others in odd cases

1) have you tried removing the .htaccess file from the bmz_cache folder? (it needs to be there, but sometimes removing it makes a difference), some people have removed theirs and copied across the one from images and it fixes the problem (again the files are identical, so it shouldn't make a difference, but for some people)
    2) What exactly are the permissions on the bmz_cache, yes i know you say they are set properly, from experience i can say that some servers need different settings, (don't ask me why i have never figured it out)
    3) can you clear the bmz_cache via the admin --> tools --> Image Handler. and if so is the actual bmz_cache empty when you check it?
    4) DKunev mentioned ownership, that could cause problems, although it shouldn't happen so you may want to check that out too

If there was a problem in IH2 then it will still happen in IH3 as what you are describing sounds like permissions, the only other thing that would cause issues like this from my experience is massive images causing the script to time out, but your images appear to be properly optimised,

Are the images in the bmz_cache valid as in proper images (not corrupt or anything)
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

I've installed this on another site and it worked great, but I just installed it again and the main image is not showing up on the product info page. It does show up fine everywhere else on the site, just not the product info pages. My tpl_product_info_display.php file is not customized at all, it's just the default version. Any ideas why the images are missing?

Thanks!
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    I've installed this on another site and it worked great, but I just installed it again and the main image is not showing up on the product info page. It does show up fine everywhere else on the site, just not the product info pages. My tpl_product_info_display.php file is not customized at all, it's just the default version. Any ideas why the images are missing?

Thanks!
    a link to the store product would be great too so the others with more experience can chime in with more advanced info

did you set the settings in admin/configuration/images so that these are set to the same size as the small image width?

Image - Product Listing Width 165 Image - Product Listing Height 165 Image - Product New Listing Width 165 Image - Product New Listing Height 165 Image - New Products Width 165 Image - New Products Height 165 Image - Featured Products Width 165 Image - Featured Products Height 165 Image - Product All Listing Width 165 Image - Product All Listing Height 165
    I know I have installed this in mine and several other stores before where the main store and hte test store can be on the same server with all settings exactly alike and one will behave where the other will give problems....just the computers getting back at us...lol

the only different one i have set not like these is this one

Product Info - Image Width 245 Product Info - Image Height 245

Plugin Contributions

I am having trouble with zoom on hover. It works ok for products in the side boxes but not in the product listing, new products, or featured products.

My site is http://www.thehookahstore.com/

Places where the zoom on hover DOES work are.

Sideboxes for featured products. and when viewing a product, the section for "Customers who bought this product also purchased" works. Nothing else will zoom.
    The Hookah Store www.TheHookahStore.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hookah View Post
    I am having trouble with zoom on hover. It works ok for products in the side boxes but not in the product listing, new products, or featured products.

My site is http://www.thehookahstore.com/

Places where the zoom on hover DOES work are.

Sideboxes for featured products. and when viewing a product, the section for "Customers who bought this product also purchased" works. Nothing else will zoom.

look at the readme for the settings and make sure yours are set right then post them if you still have trouble

also which browser are you using and its version number. I have an old mac with OS 10+ and the hovers are working in the sections they are supposed to work, even the also purchased place.

you might also need to add that jscript_zen_lightbox.php that you put into the modules/pages and several folders into the products_all, featured and products_new folders
    Last edited by DarkAngel; 10 Jun 2011 at 09:00 PM.

Page 16 of 110 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast