Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What Unique Name Did You Name Your Cart? www.MyDomain.com/??

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Are these folders in a server folder named /public_html/ or /www/ or /htdocs/, or the like? That would indicate that your live store and your test store are both in subfolders of your main domain.
    I don't think the live and test stores are in subfolders. Here is my root folder of my website, as seen in FileZilla:

Name:  WebSiteHierarchy.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  12.5 KB

/zencart is my live store
    /ZenCartDemo is v1.51 with demo files which I used to play around with (I will delete that)
    /ZenCartUpgradeTest is my test store that is ready to go live.

Plugin Contributions

They are definitely in subfolders. If one were in the domain root, you would get to it just by entering www.mydomain.com.

You should not need to change any links or folder names aside from the two configure.php files, unless you have improperly hard-coded complete URLs in custom text/code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    They are definitely in subfolders. If one were in the domain root, you would get to it just by entering www.mydomain.com.

You should not need to change any links or folder names aside from the two configure.php files, unless you have improperly hard-coded complete URLs in custom text/code.
    The way it's set up now if I go to my web site, MyDomain.com and surf around there and then decide I want to buy something I click on the Shop Now button or the various Buy Now buttons. That takes me to the Zen shopping cart. The URL in the address bar now shows MyDomain.com/zencart/.

If I want to replace my live site (which is in folder /zencart) with my test site (which is in folder /ZenCartUpgradeTest) AND once completed I want the URL to show MyDomain.com/zencart/ how do I accomplish this? Don't I need to rename these two folders and alter the configure.php files?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post
    If I want to replace my live site (which is in folder /zencart) with my test site (which is in folder /ZenCartUpgradeTest) AND once completed I want the URL to show MyDomain.com/zencart/ how do I accomplish this? Don't I need to rename these two folders and alter the configure.php files?
    Assuming everything is setup correctly and you are absolutely sure you want this to go 'live', then, yes, that's what you need to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12