Page 198 of 226 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by Catching Angels View Post
    I am using the latest ZEN Cart Version and have had your Ozpost Module installed when i go to the product and enter the dimensions and weights that's fine then go to and preview update i went back in to the product to find the measurements are blank i entered L 8.50 W 5.50 H 3.50 and when i returned they all read 0.00 could please give me some idea as to the cause please
    Thanks John
    This sounds like the file /youradmin/includes/modules/update_product.php either didn't get modified during the install/update, or perhaps it was modified or replaced by another add-on that you've installed?

The 1st thing to do is navigate you way to the shipping module settings, click the button to uninstall ozpost, then click again to re-install. Most (if not all) of your current settings will be retained during this process.

The ozpost installation code will attempt to (re)modify the files it needs to function and all should be good. It will generate warnings about any files can't be updated (which would typically be caused if the file or folder permissions are too restrictive).

Please let me know if you still have the problem after doing this because if it is caused from changes made to the file(s) by another module it may require a manual approach to merge the changes. We'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by robbie269 View Post
    The Check would be that Free Postage has been activated.
    I'm afraid I can't offer much advice here. It isn't something I've needed to do before. I have no idea how easy/hard it is for one shipping module to determine what another shipping module is doing.

The formula would be Express Postage minus Standard Postage but I am not sure what terms I need to use.
    This should be quite easy. The ozpost servers return quotes in the order lowest to highest, which means it will be possible to save the Standard postage cost into a variable and then subtract this value from the Express postage cost for the adjustment.

IOW, the second part of the calculation will read something like
    $quote->cost = ( $quote->cost - $STDcostVariable. ) ;

Total novice at PHP
    I wish I could help more, but at the moment I'm flat out updating the client modules for the other shopping carts that ozpost supports so my mindset is in a completely different place.

It's quite possible that someone like Ajeh (who has more experience with the other shipping modules than I) could provide advice as to the easiest way for ozpost to detect if the Free Postage is applicable or not.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rodg
    Thank you for your reply
    I did as you suggested uninstalled and reinstalled and i still have the same problem it will not hold the dimensions
    thanks john

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rodg
    Thank you for your reply
    I did as you suggested uninstalled and reinstalled and i still have the same problem it will not hold the dimensions
    thanks john
    Question time. :)

1) Please confirm that the uninstall/reinstall that you did was via the store configuration and NOT by removing/replacing the ozpost files.
    2) What versions of ZenCart and Ozpost are you using?
    3) With the ozpost module *installed* does the file /YOURADMIN/includes/modules/update_product.php_ozpRestore exist?
    4) If this file DOES exist, is it the same size, larger, or smaller than /YOURADMIN/includes/modules/update_product.php?
    5) With the ozpost module *uninstalled* (via admin) does the date/timestamp of /YOURADMIN/includes/modules/update_product.php match the date/timestamp of most (if not all) of the other files in the folder?

This info should be enough to allow me to determine the best way for you to proceed.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

HI Rodg

Thanks for the reply

the uninstall/install was done via the store configuration
    I am using Zen cart Ver 1.5.1 and your ver 3.5.5
    and the file /YOURADMIN/includes/modules/update_product.php_ozpRestore this file does not exist

regards John

Plugin Contributions

the uninstall/install was done via the store configuration
    Are there any error messages or warnings shown during the install?

the file /YOURADMIN/includes/modules/update_product.php_ozpRestore this file does not exist
    This has me somewhat puzzled. There are only a couple of reasons why this file won't exist (most notably file or folder permissions), and I think I've tried just about everything I can think of to force the non-creation of this backup file, and with everything I've tried, the ozpost installer has always (correctly) reported that there is an issue and that it can't proceed with the installation until the issue has been rectified.

Apparently you aren't getting these warnings.

I think you'll need to humour me a little more to figure this one out.

With the ozpost module installed, do these files exist..
    /YOURADMIN/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php_ozpRestore
    /YOURADMIN/includes/languages/english.php_ozpRestore

Does the FOLDER /cache/ozpost/ exist?

Also:
    Does the file
    /YOURADMIN/includes/modules/update_product.php have the same date/timestamp as most of the other files in this folder?

If this file has a different date/timestamp than the other files, please replace it with a copy of the original file that came with your zencart distribution files and try the ozpost installation again.

I'm really quite at a loss with this one at the moment. I pretty confident I know *why* your dimensions aren't being updated/retained, but rather than provide you with replacement files, or instructions as to the changes needed to the original files, it is in both our interests to figure out the *cause* of the issue so as to prevent a similar issue with future updates.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Im suffering from the same issues too. Will look into it with what you have said Rod.
    wakeleymb.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Okay, the first thing I've noticed is that the collect_info.php is slightly larger than the collect_info.pho_ozpRestore.

Cache OzPost does not exist.

English.php_ozpRestore exists
    wakeleymb.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Also the update_product.php has a new time and datestamp.

The update_product.php_ozpRestore exists.

I've tried renaming the restore files, uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn't work.
    wakeleymb.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wakeleymb View Post
    Okay, the first thing I've noticed is that the collect_info.php is slightly larger than the collect_info.pho_ozpRestore.
    This implies that the file has the additional code needed for ozpost to function.

Would I be wrong in assuming pre-existing dimensions are being correctly displayed if the product is edited?
    When resaving this product, do the dimensions then revert to zero, or do the pre-exiting dimensions get retained.

The collect_info.php file is the one that reads the database for existing dimensions and displays them on the edit screen.
    The update_product.php file is responsible for taking what is on the edit screen and writing them back to the database.

Depending on what is going on will determine which of these files is at fault.

Cache OzPost does not exist.
    That's good (I think). This should only exist if the installation code detects that there was a problem copying the modified files to their intended locations.

English.php_ozpRestore exists
    The mystery deepens, as it seems that in your case the installer has successfully created its backup files.
    "Catching Angels" is apparently missing the update_product.php_ozpRestore file.

I've tried renaming the restore files, uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn't work.

Time to get your hands dirty. :)

Could you please check the update_product.php file (not the backup) and let me know if the following lines of code exist?

Code:
    $tmp_value = zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_height']);
        $products_height = (!zen_not_null($tmp_value) || $tmp_value=='' || $tmp_value == 0) ? 0 : $tmp_value;
        $tmp_value = zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_width']);
        $products_width = (!zen_not_null($tmp_value) || $tmp_value=='' || $tmp_value == 0) ? 0 : $tmp_value;
        $tmp_value = zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_length']);
        $products_length = (!zen_not_null($tmp_value) || $tmp_value=='' || $tmp_value == 0) ? 0 : $tmp_value; 
        $dangerous_goods = (($_POST['dangerous_goods']) == 1) ? 1:0 ;
    Code:

'products_weight' => $products_weight,
                                 'products_height' => $products_height,
                                 'products_width'  => $products_width,
                                 'products_length' => $products_length,
                                 'dangerous_goods' => $dangerous_goods,

And that the collect_info.php file contains
    Code:
                 'products_weight' => '',
                           'products_height' => '',
                           'products_width'  => '',
                           'products_length' => '',
                           'dangerous_goods' => '',

If they don't, then the ozpost installer has failed to patch them for some reason. If this is the case, and you are feeling adventurous then adding these lines yourself will probably take care of the problem.
    The weight related lines won't need to be added as they are already a part of the files. I've included them above as a guide as to where these new lines should/need to be inserted.

There are *other* lines in the collect_info.php files that may/will also need to be added, but they are a little messy to deal with, and from the sounds of things these aren't missing from your installation (If they were, the dimension fields wouldn't be showing up at all when editing a product).

I would also be interested in knowing if the Dangerous Goods checkbox appears on your edit screen (just below the dimension fields) as this will tell me if these 'other lines' exist due to the previous install, or whether they've been added by the upgrade.

Just as a FYI, the code that does these updates is/was a little tricky, in that with some installs all four fields need to be added (length, width, height & Dangerous Goods), but with other installations only the Dangerous goods needed to be added because the dimensions exist from a previous install.

If you find doing any of this troublesome, or if you would simply prefer to not go this route I will be more than happy to take a first hand look at it and rectify the problem for you. If so, please go to
    http://shop.vcsweb.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=219 and fill in the order details. Select Cheque or money order as your payment method, but DO NOT PAY. I consider this to be my problem to solve so it will be a freebie.

This offer is also open to John@Catching Angels too. I really need to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

Cheers
    RodG