Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by yaritai View Post
    It does not help when you post links and then decide to disable the mod in question. There is no way to troubleshoot the issue. If you want help and need to run a live site at the same time, make a testing site and do all changes there. FYI, this mod does work with v1.5 and v1.51. The only tricky part is doing merges to a few core files as alot has changed since this mod came out.
    Thanks for your response, I left it active for 24 hours but as it screwed up various parts of the site (footer disappeared, menu moved etc), and I got an email from a customer complaining she had issues, I decided to deactivate it, and give up. Instead I added a suffix to the titles, so the attributes could be easily identified without entering the details for each product individually. It is something I'd love to fix though.

As a short term measure, I have activated it on a similar site (virtually a copy of the site I previously linked to, where I have exactly the same issues).

You will see on this page that the menu has moved to the very top of the page, and sideboxes seem to have moved to the centre: http://healthandwholefoods.co.uk/m-c...e-c-2689_3128/

The symptoms are virtually the same, so I'm certain if I fix one, I'll be able to fix the other.

Thanks

Martin

Plugin Contributions

I just installed this mod, it seems to be exactly what I need, however none of my read-only attributes show. I have to have read-only attributes for the Google Merchant Feeder mod and would like some of these [pattern, color, etc] to be searchable with Dynamic Filter. I do have SBA installed and don't apply stock levels to read-only attributes.

Is there a way to show attributes that are read-only with Dynamic Filter?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by k1ra View Post
    I just installed this mod, it seems to be exactly what I need, however none of my read-only attributes show. I have to have read-only attributes for the Google Merchant Feeder mod and would like some of these [pattern, color, etc] to be searchable with Dynamic Filter. I do have SBA installed and don't apply stock levels to read-only attributes.

Is there a way to show attributes that are read-only with Dynamic Filter?
    I an ZC installation without SBA the read only attributes should show just fine, I have now idea how SBA handles them.

Plugin Contributions

do anyone know if there is a way to add an "in stock" filter option?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by panservolvo View Post
    do anyone know if there is a way to add an "in stock" filter option?
    The simplest method is to create a read only attribute as in-stock and out-of-stock and then hide that attribute with css. But this may not be feasible if you have a large number of products or products that change frequently. If you wanted a method that is automatic based on when product quantity goes to "0" then this would take a modification approach to the core code of dynamic filter.

The approach is up to you and depends on your expertise to do the latter approach. The way dynamic filter is coded, it shouldn't be too difficult to get it to work.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply.
    The hidden attribute solution will not be good enough as I have products going in and out of stock. It'd be too much maintenance.
    I have some php-skills and good sql-skills, but I guess I need some guidence to where to start.

Plugin Contributions

Or maybe I could make a db-trigger to update the attribute when stock is <=0 thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by panservolvo View Post
    Or maybe I could make a db-trigger to update the attribute when stock is <=0 thoughts?
    I have not touched the core code of this mod in a while so I would have to relook at what routes can be done. But I would say that would be a good place to start. This is a bit of code from the core that I used to do a custom dropdown for a friend which basically disables the products from the dropdown when stock reaches a predetermined level he targets.

Code:
      function zen_get_product_quantity_form($product_id) {
        global $db;
        $sql = "select products_quantity from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . (zen_not_null($product_id) ? " where products_id=" . (int)$product_id : "");
        $check_quantity = $db->Execute($sql);
        return $check_quantity->fields['products_quantity'];
      }
    So you could use this logic in your code to trigger the change of the attribute. Bascially just make sure to loop through the products and then the function will assign "instock" and "outofstock" automatically.

But another approach is to just go in the tpl file for dynamic filter and basically make a custom filter selection to loop through all products and either give the 2 choices of "instock" and outofstock" based on the function above results on the quantity. This would be the easier way as you won't have to touch the core code of messing with the attributes but instead just have the filter give selections based on the quantity value. This would be the way I would approach it.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you again. I took a look at the file for the dynamic filter, but i figured I probably would use several hours getting this working.
    Instead I made a database trigger on the products table. Every time the table is updated the trigger updates my newly created stock attribute to in stock/out of stock according to products_quantity. Not too pretty, but effective :)

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so I turned on the sidebox, and it seems to act kind of strangely.
    In all categories/subcategories but one it works like a charm, but in one subcategory when I filter on an attribute the result is empty, but the text underneath where the products should have been show: "Showing 9 of 9 products"
    9 products is the correct amount, but none of the 9 is shown.
    I cant show you on my site as I have disabled it to not confuse my customers.
    Anyone heard of this kind of behaviour?

Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast