Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5

hi guys

I downloaded the versionf rom github for zc1.5.4 but and I am ftping files slowly, but once i transfer the two files in admin/auto loaders, the admin site crashes any ideas?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jagall View Post
    hi guys

I downloaded the versionf rom github for zc1.5.4 but and I am ftping files slowly, but once i transfer the two files in admin/auto loaders, the admin site crashes any ideas?

thanks
    Would have better ideas if the generated error messages were provided. (Sorry, forgot to include the where: check the logs folder of your site.). Also if it were explained at what point of transferring files to the site were those files transferred. Are those the only two files transferred, or for some reson the last two files?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

not sure if this the same/similar issue to jagall's, but i have merged/uploaded files for stock_by_attribute_1.5.4-mc12345678_ZC154, using zen cart 1.5.3, and i cant access admin, i am getting below error:

[20-May-2015 10:14:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class 'products_with_attributes_stock_admin' not found in /var/www/vhosts/jarbon.com/httpdocs/dev/includes/autoload_func.php on line 79

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mattys View Post
    not sure if this the same/similar issue to jagall's, but i have merged/uploaded files for stock_by_attribute_1.5.4-mc12345678_ZC154, using zen cart 1.5.3, and i cant access admin, i am getting below error:

[20-May-2015 10:14:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class 'products_with_attributes_stock_admin' not found in /var/www/vhosts/jarbon.com/httpdocs/dev/includes/autoload_func.php on line 79
    Are you sure that the files are loaded into the correct directoories?
    That class observer is an admin observer and there should be the following file in your paths:
    YOUR_ADMIN/includes/classes/observers/class.products_with_attributes_stock.php

Plugin Contributions

yep, correct, thanks for pointing that out - somehow i had missed uploading that file 'YOUR_ADMIN/includes/classes/observers/class.products_with_attributes_stock.php'

i can access admin now

however, when i add a product to cart the content area of the page goes blank https://www.jarbon.com/dev/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_73&products_id=9

problem is i am not receiving any errors for this in logs

i have double, triple checked that all files are up

I have looked at Stock By Attribute (SBA) installation script and it is showing no errors, all seems to be in order

any ideas?
    Last edited by mattys; 20 May 2015 at 12:33 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mattys View Post
    yep, correct, thanks for pointing that out - somehow i had missed uploading that file 'YOUR_ADMIN/includes/classes/observers/class.products_with_attributes_stock.php'

i can access admin now

however, when i add a product to cart the content area of the page goes blank https://www.jarbon.com/dev/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_73&products_id=9

problem is i am not receiving any errors for this in logs

i have double, triple checked that all files are up

I have looked at Stock By Attribute (SBA) installation script and it is showing no errors, all seems to be in order

any ideas?
    In the "check" of the files, what has been the method of checking? It may be that files didn't get transferred satisfactorily even if when looking at the directory structure they appear to be there.

Also, how were the files transferred, and suggest addressing the questions posed in the posting tips found just above the message box when generating a message (and not using the mobile template to access this site.)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    In the "check" of the files, what has been the method of checking? It may be that files didn't get transferred satisfactorily even if when looking at the directory structure they appear to be there.

Also, how were the files transferred, and suggest addressing the questions posed in the posting tips found just above the message box when generating a message (and not using the mobile template to access this site.)
    I've been through the files several times now, all seems to be in order.

i use winmerge to merge the files and just upload one by one referring to files list (with notes)

i am using zen cart 1.5.3 and stock_by_attribute_1.5.4-mc12345678_ZC154, sorry, most posts i have included this info, the last one i didnt though

i have just PM'd you though, see if you available to do some paid work on this, i have spent days on it, and it's just about come to a head...

Plugin Contributions

Would have better ideas if the generated error messages were provided. (Sorry, forgot to include the where: check the logs folder of your site.). Also if it were explained at what point of transferring files to the site were those files transferred. Are those the only two files transferred, or for some reson the last two files?
    Hi ya

There is no errors generated as once i transfer these two files or either one of them namely:
    config.zc154_compatibility.php
    config.products_with_attributes_stock.php

my admin site goes blank, complete blank screen. To be honest I didn't do any further installation as I got a bit nervy that something else would go wrong and can't have the site down.
    thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jagall View Post
    Hi ya

There is no errors generated as once i transfer these two files or either one of them namely:
    config.zc154_compatibility.php
    config.products_with_attributes_stock.php

my admin site goes blank, complete blank screen. To be honest I didn't do any further installation as I got a bit nervy that something else would go wrong and can't have the site down.
    thanks
    Installation of plugins (and the store in general) should not be on a file by file basis unless directed to do so. The files interact with each other and the absence of one could cause troubles.

More importantly, installation should initially be performed on a development server/location so that any potential issues can be worked out before thelive site is affected.

Plugin Contributions

Installation of plugins (and the store in general) should not be on a file by file basis unless directed to do so. The files interact with each other and the absence of one could cause troubles.

More importantly, installation should initially be performed on a development server/location so that any potential issues can be worked out before thelive site is affected.
    Development servers are a MUST. I have no idea why except that our gov't is stupid, but, for example, the United States Postal Service website is worked on LIVE!!! The site cannot be that big, for example, I have a 2 terabyte portable drive that should be able to contain not only the USPS site code but the database code as well. If it can't, and the USPS site and databases are more than 2 terabytes, well, that explains why our gov't is so messed up. They made a change in the code about a year ago and NOONE with an account could print a shipping label for over a week. That means that literally thousands of businesses were screwed and a good portion of them had no way to ship their products. If that doesn't convince you that a development environment is necessary, I don't know what will...

Mal