Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Attribute Grid

scrap that, god I am stupid at the mo. the settings were turned off in admin config

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jagall View Post
    scrap that, god I am stupid at the mo. the settings were turned off in admin config
    Happens. Yes, configuration->attribute settings->enable price factor would need to be true.

I did forget to also indicate that the product price would need to be set to 0 when establishing the product as priced-by-attribute.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

thank you, thank you so much, working perfectly

Plugin Contributions

thank you, thank you so much, working perfectly
    Including the one "product" that had like an extra €1 cost?

Well, I asked/wrote that, before I went to test it... not quite setup correctly and also not using this plugin.

Check boxes were used for each of the items, and I was able to select just two of the check boxes and add to the cart. Would be charged only €20 and had no notification about a need to add more... Also, all of the options were the same price, where before, one of them was slightly higher...

To explain for other readers what has been seen, is that the units are set to 0.2, and the maximum is set at 1. Then, when returning to the product, if I attempted to select three options "separately" and add to the cart, I was denied because it looks like the minimum quantity has been entered as 1 (which also made the add-to-cart button not include a quantity.) therefore, the only way to "correct" my mistake would be to remove the product from the cart and try again.

Conversely, when I deleted the product from my cart, went back to the product, I was able to select all 8 options and add it to the cart. (checkboxes work that way as they tend not to be directly associated with an "option" but more of a state... On or off, not this one versus that one.) this also makes the concept of the €50 group incorrect and more like a €10 each item, as few or as many of the selections as you would like...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Conversely, when I deleted the product from my cart, went back to the product, I was able to select all 8 options and add it to the cart. (checkboxes work that way as they tend not to be directly associated with an "option" but more of a state... On or off, not this one versus that one.) this also makes the concept of the €50 group incorrect and more like a €10 each item, as few or as many of the selections as you would like...
    thank you mc12345678 for doing more testing that I did anyway. See what you mean now, that's a pity thought it was cracked, I suppose I am relying on the customer's attention to detail here. I assume radio buttons, etc all work the same way. It's going to have to do, its nearly the finished spec, don't suppose you have any other suggestions? on how to get around it?

thanks so much for getting me this far

Plugin Contributions

thank you mc12345678 for doing more testing that I did anyway. See what you mean now, that's a pity thought it was cracked, I suppose I am relying on the customer's attention to detail here. I assume radio buttons, etc all work the same way. It's going to have to do, its nearly the finished spec, don't suppose you have any other suggestions? on how to get around it?

thanks so much for getting me this far
    Well, the writeup I provided on the previous page identified a method to accomplish a one time purchase (or if desired multiple occurrences of the "package") with it simplified to the following:
    This plugin installed.
    Product price: 0
    Product priced by attributes.
    Qty min/qty units: true
    Units set to 5 (allows purchase of multiple packages if maximum is not used and when viewing the cart, the customer is notified of the need to include more options or remove excess to get to the unit quantity of 5)
    Maximum set to 5 to limit to a one time purchase otherwise 0 will allow unlimited "groups" of this product.
    Attributes:
    For purchase of 5 items where each is to be €10:
    Attribute price €50 (remove the +), price factor of 0.2, with an offset of 1.
    This option name being assigned as a PAG style option.

Otherwise, there may be an entirely different method that instead offers options as a bundle instead of trying to use attributes to provide groupings.

But the above will support stock tracking by Stock By Attributes with the attributes each tracked individually rather than as some sort of "group", and an out-of-stock condition should be displayed for whichever is no longer available.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Well, the writeup I provided on the previous page identified a method to accomplish a one time purchase (or if desired multiple occurrences of the "package") with it simplified to the following:
    This plugin installed.
    Product price: 0 OKAY
    Product priced by attributes. OKAY
    Qty min/qty units: true HAVE THIS SET TO 0.2

Units set to 5 (allows purchase of multiple packages if maximum is not used and when viewing the cart, the customer is notified of the need to include more options or remove excess to get to the unit quantity of 5)

I am confused re the max/min qty, when I put max and min of 5 into the product quantities it would multiply the quantities by 5 so getting total of €250 in cart. I have currently mix qty units set to 0.2 and the max /min set to 1.

Maximum set to 5 to limit to a one time purchase otherwise 0 will allow unlimited "groups" of this product. IS THIS IN ATTRIBUTES ONLY
    Attributes:
    Attribute price €50 (remove the +), price factor of 0.2, with an offset of 1.

having tried taking the + sign out.

This option name being assigned as a PAG style option. what is option name being assigned as a PAG style ? don't think come across this before

Otherwise, there may be an entirely different method that instead offers options as a bundle instead of trying to use attributes to provide groupings.

But the above will support stock tracking by Stock By Attributes with the attributes each tracked individually rather than as some sort of "group", and an out-of-stock condition should be displayed for whichever is no longer available.

Plugin Contributions

So a little further explanation as forcing the minimum to 5 *IS* going to cause a problem like you saw.

But before that, The PAG style option was meant to refer to the selection(s) in the option name manager for an option name that it should be set to Grid (which it was yesterday) instead of dropdown, radio, checkbox, etc... That is how this particular plugin presents itself during operation.

When there is an attribute or an attribute combination (ie. multiple option names), each selection within the screen makes up a "product". This plugin allows having multiple such different options on screen at once and to allow the user to add the desired individual quantity of each attribute choice.

Ie. imagine if the option name was color and there were three colors. In a normal dropdown, you can select one color (and associated quantity), you add the product to the cart and if you want an object of a different color, you have to again select the color and then the quantity for that particular color. So if you were to require a minimum of 5, then whenever you chose the first color and added to the cart, you would be required to have a minimum of 5 of that color... That's not how this particular product is to be setup... Therefore, you want to allow a single instance of one of your attributes (an object instead of a color), but you want to prevent more than 5 from being added to the cart. Also, you want to be sure that 5 *will* be added to the cart (to permit purchase) which is the unit. The Product Qty Min/Unit Mix option indicates (though discussed more in depth in the applicable FAQs) that, regarding units and minimum quantity (though maximum is also affected), it is acceptable to mix and match attribute options to meet those requirements such that, if a maximum of 5 is set, you can choose a quantity from any of the attributes and add it to the cart so long as the total number of choices is 5 or less. If that value was set to false, then you would be permitted to choose up to 5 of each attribute type and all 8 options could be used for a total of 40 product.

But, if you were to require a minimum of 5 and because each attribute with your base product is itself a product, then every addition of an attribute style product would require a minimum of 5 of those to be added... Also not exactly what you want (because you want to allow the customer to choose different items to make up the total of 5 items and the total price).

So... I neglected to say, set (or normally leave) the minimum at 1. I also didn't say anything about taxes, shipping setup, etc...

And I incorrectly referred to the Product Qty Min/Unit Mix as a true/false condition when the admin screen shows radio buttons for Yes and No... So that should be set to Yes (true).

So, top-down for a standard product info page:

This plugin installed.
    Product priced by attributes.
    Product price: 0
    Product Qty Minimum: 1
    Product Qty Maximum: 0 (if allowing multiple purchase of this group in this order) or 5 (if only allowing purchase of this group one time in this order)
    Product Qty Units: 5
    Product Qty Min/Units Mix: Yes

Attributes:
    Attribute price €50 (remove the + from the box to the left of the numeric price), price factor: 0.2, (price factor) offset: 1.0
    From Catalog->Option Names, navigate to the option name for these selections (Option Name: €50 Party Deal, Option Name ID: 57), edit the option name, select the option name type of Grid, select the Update button as the option name previously existed.

Plugin Contributions

Just now checked the product again... Because units are set to 0.2 (instead of 5), I can add less than 5 items (tried 1 of one type and 2 of another) and select checkout and receive no notification that I need to add more options to make up my 5 items. I did try to add a fractional quantity such as 1.2 (expecting minimum to be 1 and because the units are set to 0.2, would expect to be able to add product in quantity of 0.2); however, there is yet another setting in the ZC admin regarding product quantity decimals (Configuration->Stock->Product Quantity Decimals) that defaults to 0 meaning no partials are allowed. This condition could be seen within the shopping_cart page by attempting to adjust the quantity of 2 to 1.4 and was advised that it was rounded down to 1. What that further means is that really the units setting currently serves no purpose other than to possibly confuse customers...

Also, I'm surprised that your "shopping cart" button only displays the product name and does not include the associated attributes (mobile view anyways) which a product with attributes makes the display of that information not very useful.

Also, if you don't want to display the bottom line quantity box, you should be able to disable it for the product by changing Products Quantity Box Shows to No, Do not show Quantity Box, but this also has an effect on the shopping cart page unfortunately to where the quantity there can not be modified once added... Guess that's something to look into for this plugin other than through CSS on each product page or additional template code change to support display of a single add-to-cart button when it is desired to only add a single "grouping" from the product page and the ability to modify the quantity on the shopping cart page as a result...

Plugin Contributions

thank you again mc12345678 for taking such time in looking at this for me. When I put 5 in the prod unit qty, everything as before multiplied in units of 5, I'll do it again and you can see what I mean, the quantities as you say can be changed in the shopping cart and no warning is giving either. With the plugin it adds the attributes as single products if you like, the checkbox attributes was more defined in ways I think.