Plugin Contributions

Default recaptcha code error

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

http://swordsofhonor.com
    zen 1.5.5f
    google recaptcha plugin

getting the following errors on my website and not sure what the user is doing when this error happens. Just recently upgrade to PHP 7.1 if that matters.

[21-Nov-2018 00:03:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare recaptcha_get_html() (previously declared in /home/honor/public_html/includes/functions/extra_functions/recaptchalib.php:23) in /home/honor/public_html/includes/classes/recaptchalib.php on line 106

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: recaptcha code error

Would suggest reviewing the forum thread for that particular issue. This one is not related to php versions but instead likely have copied one or more files into a location it shouldn't be or have attempted to rename a file so that it doesn't "load" but kept the file extension of .php.

What was done between the last time the site worked and when it didnt?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Would suggest reviewing the forum thread for that particular issue. This one is not related to php versions but instead likely have copied one or more files into a location it shouldn't be or have attempted to rename a file so that it doesn't "load" but kept the file extension of .php.

What was done between the last time the site worked and when it didnt?
    not sure what you mean by 'reviewing the forum thread for that particular issue'. i searched for that error and couldn't find anything on the forum nor on Google.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lidlchris View Post
    [Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

http://swordsofhonor.com
    zen 1.5.5f
    google recaptcha plugin

getting the following errors on my website and not sure what the user is doing when this error happens. Just recently upgrade to PHP 7.1 if that matters.

[21-Nov-2018 00:03:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare recaptcha_get_html() (previously declared in /home/honor/public_html/includes/functions/extra_functions/recaptchalib.php:23) in /home/honor/public_html/includes/classes/recaptchalib.php on line 106
    this is not that hard to figure out.

line 23 of:

home/honor/public_html/includes/functions/extra_functions/recaptchalib.php

declares a function. go look at that line in that script.

now, somewhere else there is the SAME line. every function that loads must have an unique name. you are trying to declare a function with the same name.

in addition, it is telling you exactly where:

/home/honor/public_html/includes/classes/recaptchalib.php on line 106

now, when i downloaded the latest version from here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1455

i do not see that file in the zip file. so you have bungled the install of this add-in. i would go over the install very closely, and see where you went adrift.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

not sure what you mean by 'reviewing the forum thread for that particular issue'. i searched for that error and couldn't find anything on the forum nor on Google.
    Well, sorry, but I thought for sure that I've seen a similar error reported in the forum for that plugin and specifically in the plugin's forum thread.

If you still have access to the admin even with that error occurring on the catalog side, then I would use the developer's tool kit found in the tools area and search for:
    function recaptcha_get_html

To identify in which file(s) it is defined. From there, eliminate the file(s) that are not where the file is expected to be at currently. That elimination can occur in multiple ways: rename the extension to not be .php, delete the file, move it to a location that doesn't get it loaded, etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Well, sorry, but I thought for sure that I've seen a similar error reported in the forum for that plugin and specifically in the plugin's forum thread.

If you still have access to the admin even with that error occurring on the catalog side, then I would use the developer's tool kit found in the tools area and search for:
    function recaptcha_get_html

To identify in which file(s) it is defined. From there, eliminate the file(s) that are not where the file is expected to be at currently. That elimination can occur in multiple ways: rename the extension to not be .php, delete the file, move it to a location that doesn't get it loaded, etc...
    the problem file is in the error message.... there is no need to use the developers toolkit.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

recaptchalib.php should only exist in extra_functions. Looks like you have another copy of it in the classes folder which would be a duplicate function.. You should review the installation instructions and check that all files are correctly located.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!