Default Customer Cant Login?!?!?!?

Well this morning it seems that i have 2 emails from customers that couldnt create accounts.
    Im unsure why. i checked it myself this morning, by going on the catalog side and creating a test account.

the first thing i notice, its REQUIRING the customer to imput a company name. even tho there is no * next to it.

also, i did have the dropdown menu enabled, howerver it dont seem to work that well, since it leaves the other box for user text next to it, and wants both filled out in order to complete account creation.

i disabled it, via admin, however it seems that it still shows it. and asks for it to be filled in. also still asks for company name to be filled it, which i dont care if they fill it or not... and i dont believe there is any settings to make that a required field.

anyone know of how to stop this? so my customers can login?

UPDATE - i got the dropdown state box to go away, and that part seems to be fixxed, however im still noticing that you MUST imput a comapany name to create the account.... how do i stop that from happening?
    Super Orders2
    Info at a glance
    export email address
    encrypted master pass
    quick updates
    recover carts
    order Tracking
    Tabbed products lite - admin edition
    Hosted with sashbox.net <- best host around...

Default Re: Customer Cant Login?!?!?!?

while digging more into this, i notice that i dont have any problems creating an account with any other US state. But for some reason when i try to put MA as the state, it comes back and asks me to use the dropdown menu to select the state, i select it and it goes right back again, asking me to use the dropdown menu to select a state.

Its like it dont know that state or somthing... every other state is fine, no problems, but with this one state its not accepting it.

its also still asking me to give it a company name.. however i dont think this is a required field. so why is it asking me to use it?

i checked the zones, and MA is listed under Mas. I just dont understand why it wont allow that one state as acceptable.

still also dont know why its asking for company name to be required.
    Super Orders2
    Info at a glance
    export email address
    encrypted master pass
    quick updates
    recover carts
    order Tracking

i really wish we could edit our posts- so that i didnt have to create a new one every time i find out more about an issue i post on here...

anyways-
    I noticed that i can create an account using the full Massachusetts name in the state field during the create account page. but if you use MA, it dont like that and wont accept it..
    I also noticed that on the 11th of this month, i had a customer signup (without problems) from Massachusetts. So what could have changed, i agree that she may have just enterd the whole state name in order to get it to alow her to sign up, but why does every other state alow you to sign up without entering the whole name?
    Super Orders2
    Info at a glance
    export email address
    encrypted master pass
    quick updates
    recover carts
    order Tracking

after reading all kinds of threads on this problem. it seems that the best method of fixxing it, is to enable the dropdown menu from customer details config.

this has seemed to fix the problem somewhat..

i went to many zen sites displayed in these topics, and tried to create an account using the info which im having issues with. I found that every single site that i try gives me the same error with the state enterd as MA. so this is a global problem im assuming...

any info on this would be great. maybe there is a fix that im missing, or somthing along those lines.
    Super Orders2
    Info at a glance
    export email address
    encrypted master pass
    quick updates
    recover carts
    order Tracking

Plugin Contributions

in pages http://...../admin/index.php
    to login into admin, only account what is created when install tool zencart, now i want permission with a few different account, can i make it?
    if everybody make it, please help me
    thanks
    hkih

Plugin Contributions

I'm also having the same issue with the Company Name field being required when it doesn't have a * next to it. Anyone have any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart v1.3.6 or was it v1.3.5?

Fixed a bug on the Company name ...

Edit the settings in Configuration ... Minimum Values ... and if you do not use/require this field change the length to 0 ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Found my own answer - In config-->minimum values set the "company name" variable to 0 characters.

more info is here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45177

Plugin Contributions

Jinx!! You owe me a coffee ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!