Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template gone?

"not server side" vs "worked fine before their upgrade" ... hmmm ... sounds like a classic "pass the buck" response...

Clearly something *has* changed. Finding out *what* is the key.
    Maybe Zen Cart does have a bug. But, so far 30,000 others haven't encountered this one yet ...

EDIT: Correction. Perhaps someone else "has" encountered this.
    Last edited by DrByte; 15 Apr 2007 at 03:17 AM. Reason: cross link previous bug report on same issue

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

....pass the buck ....you got that right!

Your edit to html_header is in, not sure I see any difference in the debug....
    http://www.jerkynet.com/demo137/store

Plugin Contributions

More comments from the hosting co.
    ====================
    [FONT=Consolas]I'm afraid we can't troubleshoot this issue for you any further on a server level. It appears quite clearly that this is related to PHP 5.2.1 and its interaction with the get_template_part() function in template_func.php. $file_extension = '.php' is not being passed or read properly as it always reads .php, regardless if .css is passed to the function. If you change that to $file_extension = '.css' your stylesheets load properly; of course this overwrites any .php extensions being passed into the function and other areas of the site break. There is some sort of oddity with that variable and PHP5.2.1. I can't really say what as I'm not a developer and as I'm sure you can understand, it's outside the scope of IPS support to troubleshoot third party scripts. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas][/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas]As indicated, no other server changes have been made except an upgrade to PHP5. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas][/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas]I think our team have done an outstanding job of helping to troubleshoot this issue for you, to the point of downloading the software ourselves, however, I'm afraid there's little more to do without further information that's not related to permissions. As said, if you override the aforementioned variable, the stylesheet function works perfectly. That should be his/her starting point for further diagnosis. [/FONT]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can remove the local/configure.php file ... I'm pretty sure it's not helping us any right now.

I'm really puzzled about why it's not showing *any* files now ...

It's suggesting a server problem or limitation. If it's a Zen Cart bug, it's an obscure one.

very odd

still trying to figure out why their directory listings don't bring back results ...

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

kowning this crew, they may have thrown/not thrown a needed switch in the apache side, during compile?
    Just thinking out loud.....

I used to trust these guys........now I find myself thinking of all the bonehead mistakes they could have made.

Thier primary buss is a php based msg. board, so not necessarily meaning the NOC boys are php savy, but I did check on a couple of thier boards running on this box, and they are all fine, use css as well........

?
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

keying in on one sentence of his reply.....
    ==========
    get_template_part() function in template_func.php. $file_extension = '.php' is not being passed or read properly as it always reads .php, regardless if .css is passed to the function. If you change that to $file_extension = '.css' your stylesheets load properly;
    ==========

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I took their "test.php" and copied it to the demo area for safer testing away from your main store.

It works fine on its own.
    http://jerkynet.com/demo137/store/test.php

But when doing the *same* thing inside the html_header.php, it fails to bring back *any* results ...

This suggests that some "otherwise normal" setting seems to be busting the results found.
    http://jerkynet.com/demo137/store/index.php

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jerkynet View Post
    keying in on one sentence of his reply.....
    ==========
    get_template_part() function in template_func.php. $file_extension = '.php' is not being passed or read properly as it always reads .php, regardless if .css is passed to the function. If you change that to $file_extension = '.css' your stylesheets load properly;
    ==========
    To test that theory, I created stylesheet.php and changed the call from .css to .php ... and it still fails.

Odd...

It works fine when it's not being called via Zen Cart, but fails while running from within Zen Cart.
    Which of course is why they'd point the finger at Zen Cart ...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jerkynet View Post
    More comments from the hosting co.
    ====================
    If you change that to $file_extension = '.css' your stylesheets load properly
    Actually, this is not true. Just tried it. Still fails. And of course so does everything else.

Plugin Contributions

hosting guy just chimed in.........
    ======
    Hello,

I didn't notice exactly the same thing as Lindy, but the problem I seen was in the same function.

The get_template_part code does this:

if ($dir = @dir($page_directory)) {
    while ($file = $dir->read()) {
    if (!is_dir($page_directory . $file)) {
    if (substr($file, strrpos($file, '.')) == $file_extension && preg_match($template_part, $file)) {
    $directory_array[] = $file;
    }
    }
    }

This is what doesn't appear to work correctly, the while loop is never run, there is never anything in $file.

I copied basically the same code outside of Zen and tested it.
    The code is here: http://jerkynet.com/store/test.phps
    The results are: http://jerkynet.com/store/test.php

The test code is almost identical to that function, and yet the code internal to Zen Cart doesn't work.

This is why it looks like Zen is at fault, something happening before or after this function appears to be corrupting the results, or the parameters passed to the function are not correct,

Thanks,

Stewart

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast