Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Printable Price list :: support thread

Hi thanks for the quick reply, the US settings wont matter to me, i am in the uk.

Ill av another look round it, see if i can figer it out.

thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Aha, wrong assumption here then :-)

Maybe your margins are larger than mine? And you can still edit the same settings of course, as you probably understand.

Note:
    I have decided to upload price-list_v1.3-pre2.zip to the zen downloads section after all. I think it's better to use price-list_v1.3-pre2 than any of the previous versions.

Plugin Contributions

Yes i would agree, i downloaded the 1 on page 2 is that the right 1? as it says its unfinished maybe thats why im having probs.

Its odd really because it looks perfect until you go to print preview.

But still great mod, im not very good at coding but ill have a look around it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by troy77 View Post
    i downloaded the 1 on page 2 is that the right 1? as it says its unfinished maybe thats why im having probs.
    That is the right one. I think it's better than any of the older versions and I don't think your blank page problem is related to the version.

That it looks ok on the screen, but inserts pages when printing, isn't strange when you know the cause.

The contrib includes CSS code to start a new printing page when a page is finished (this prevents the next page to start on the previous when the previous page is not full yet). It also includes CSS which sets the height when printing (this allows you to print a footer at the bottom). If the height (+ margins) do not fit the paper the printer will start a new page (which will probably be blank, only if the CSS height exceeds the paper a lot your footer might be printed on it).

So if the total height (height set in the CSS + margins set in your browser) does not fit your paper, both the CSS and printer will start a new page, and a "blank page" is inserted (so this "blank page" is actually just a couple of mm of the bottom of the previous page).

Plugin Contributions

So the idea is that the PHP script decides when a page is full (after printing x number of rows), then it inserts a CSS class (.pagePL) which forces a new page to start. This new page should start just before your printer decides that the page is full. If it starts a new page after the printer does, extra (blank) pages will be the result.

This is the CSS that tells the printer to start a new page (unless it's the first page):
    Code:
    .pagePL
    {
    page-break-before: always;
    }
    #pageOnePL, .pageOnePL
    {
    page-break-before: avoid !important;  
    }
    (note: Do not change this! Only telling this because I can't stop talking! )

Plugin Contributions

I just removed the attachement form this thread because it's available at the Zen Cart downloads section now.

So for the latest version (which (still) is v1.3-pre2) goto: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=276

Plugin Contributions

Great stuff, i have to say this is the best mod ive installed to my zen cart so far.

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Oh yeah and before i forget the blank page thingy i was on about only does it in mozilla not IE

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by troy77 View Post
    Oh yeah and before i forget the blank page thingy i was on about only does it in mozilla not IE
    That is possible. Some sizes differ a bit between those two browsers (if I remeber well line-heights are never exactly the same). And of course page margin settings may be different too. I always use Mozilla FF myself, only check IE to see if things work in IE too.

So once you got it right in Firfox you will probably waist a little space at the bottom when using IE.

Plugin Contributions

This may have already been covered, but is there anyway to change 1 profile so it is just a list without the pictures? I don't need the pics and discription as an inventory list, but it is nice for my customers to have pics.

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast