Page 129 of 394 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 3932
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart (beta)

Thanks woody!
    I download the 1.3RC2 and dont see the file "tpl_checkout_payment_default.php"
    in the location /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/

I am not a programmer, I spent a night to read this forum and still counldn't get it done! Is there a easy way to set it up?

I agree that Paypal is much easier to set up than google check-out, but paypal required login to you site.

Sorry for the late reply WoOdy!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    Merchant Calculation timeout issue- When Google Checkout cannot calculate shipping because of time, it presents all options with default values in addition to Free Shipping Option and Free Shipper which doesn't have option to set default value.

This is not right as Google Checkout should remember the state it was before timing out. If the customer did not qualify for free shipping prior to time out why display free shipping option/free shipper along with the default values?

If this problem cannot be solve, then we should really have the option to set default value for all the non-calculated options like free shipper, free shipping option, etc.

Thanks!
    Hi, i coded a little script to get shipping metrics of ur installed modules

here is the link
    http://demo.globant.com/~brovagnati/...pping_metrics/
    btw, if u run it and send me the results, i'll send them too google, this way we can push a little to increase the timeout limit.

ropu

Plugin Contributions

zgraphic, please read the readme and installation files included in the release. tpl_checkout_payment_default.php is no longer used, not needed.

I don't think many people here are programmers. My knowledge is limited to basic html and I've managed to do a lot things just by reading and following directions.

You don't have to read the whole thread either. If you have a question, first use the 'Search This Thread' feature at the top of this thread, note that this is more useful and different from the general 'Search'. Doing a quick search on this thread you will find that many of the same questions have been already asked and answered.

Many simple questions go unanswered, this is not because people here don't want to help, but because the same question has been asked and answered already and if a quick search had been done, the answer would have been found.

Plugin Contributions

hi
    ive just added FexEd Express and FedEx ground to the demo site

http://demo.globant.com/~brovagnati/zen_demo1
    http://demo.globant.com/~brovagnati/zen_demo1/admin

they are installed but disabled, to test them enable any of them. With both installed u may have a big chance of timeout, with just one, it goes mostly fine.

remember to have a look to the http://demo.globant.com/~brovagnati/...ail.php?file=2 (o the link in the Zencart page header Notif Log Viewer) to see the message between GC and Zencart with the times it take each one.

FedEx express offers int'l shipping

hope this helps u understand better the module and how it works.

In the demo is also added a new page for the continue shipping url, here is a sample

http://demo.globant.com/~brovagnati/...ucts_ids=26,27
    this will be in next package, ill post a patch for those who want it for this version

ropu
    Last edited by ropu; 24 Apr 2007 at 05:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zgraphic View Post
    Thanks woody!
    I download the 1.3RC2 and dont see the file "tpl_checkout_payment_default.php"
    in the location /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/

I am not a programmer, I spent a night to read this forum and still counldn't get it done! Is there a easy way to set it up?

I agree that Paypal is much easier to set up than google check-out, but paypal required login to you site.

Sorry for the late reply WoOdy!
    Paypal doesn't require your customer to login to your site if you're using Paypal Express included in Zen Cart v1.3.7.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ropu View Post
    hi
    ive just added FexEd Express and FedEx ground to the demo site

http://demo.globant.com/~brovagnati/zen_demo1
    http://demo.globant.com/~brovagnati/zen_demo1/admin

they are installed but disabled, to test them enable any of them. With both installed u may have a big chance of timeout, with just one, it goes mostly fine.
    Hmm...this is very discouraging that now we have to pick between FedEx Express and FedEx Ground. Perhaps, merchant shipping should be completely disabled until it works.

I don't understand why Google Checkout cannot complete a basic function that is already built into Zen Cart which Paypal execute flawlessly. If using this GCO module means store owners have to start offering lousy service by disabling all sort of shipping options that customers are already used to, then this is not good.

We've temporarily stopped offering UPS on our site to see if it will improve GCO timing out and that doesn't help. We are basically offering two options and GCO still can't handle that.

This thing has a lot of potential but to many issues...

Tax calculation is not working...
    International shipping doesn't alway work
    It offers free shipping when it shouldn't
    It doesn't obey coupon restriction when it should
    It restricts shipping option that can be offer due to timeout issues
    It doesn't fully support zone restrictions
    It doesn't fully support virtual products

Need I list more?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    Hmm...this is very discouraging that now we have to pick between FedEx Express and FedEx Ground. Perhaps, merchant shipping should be completely disabled until it works.

I don't understand why Google Checkout cannot complete a basic function that is already built into Zen Cart which Paypal execute flawlessly. If using this GCO module means store owners have to start offering lousy service by disabling all sort of shipping options that customers are already used to, then this is not good.

We've temporarily stopped offering UPS on our site to see if it will improve GCO timing out and that doesn't help. We are basically offering two options and GCO still can't handle that.

This thing has a lot of potential but to many issues...

Tax calculation is not working...
    International shipping doesn't alway work
    It offers free shipping when it shouldn't
    It doesn't obey coupon restriction when it should
    It restricts shipping option that can be offer due to timeout issues
    It doesn't fully support zone restrictions
    It doesn't fully support virtual products

Need I list more?
    bless, u dont understand, i just add fedex to the demo, u could add any shipper to the module, jsut needed to be correctly configured.

fedex works theere because i whitelisted their ip in the firewall and configured correctly in the modules

regarding this

Tax calculation is not working... (please, send me more info)
    International shipping doesn't alway work (it works, maybe time out issue)
    It offers free shipping when it shouldn't (i'll have a look to it, please send me a scenario)
    It doesn't obey coupon restriction when it should (i added many restrictions in las version, please address me witch are missing)
    It restricts shipping option that can be offer due to timeout issues (not a module issue :S)
    It doesn't fully support zone restrictions (more info please)
    It doesn't fully support virtual products (GC doesnt support it, not the module)

ur feedback is very appreciated

im working to solve all this issues

thx in advance

ropu

Plugin Contributions

Can someone please Help!

I think I am screwed!

I configure my zen-cart exactly as http://demo.globant.com/~brovagnati/zen_demo1/admin

after adding the item to the cart and select google checkout page cannot be found.

I configured

.htaccess Basic Authentication Mode
    False

Select Mode of Operation
    https://sandbox.google.com/checkout/

Rounding Policy Mode
    HALF_EVEN

Rounding Policy Rule
    PER_LINE

Google Analytics Id
    NONE

Continue shopping URL.
    shopping_cart

If I login to my site, on the payment option, the radio GoogleCheckout appear.

I am compeletly lost. Do I need to re-install zen-cart?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks ropu-

OK, that is the class file. So what is the related code for:
    1. the includes file;
    2. the snippet in tpl_product_info_display.php.

The code I previously posted for those two items don;t work with your new class file.

Once we get this figured out then can include in your mod package.

Thanks,
    Woody
    woody try this
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    class download_type {

function 
    download_type() {
        }

function 
    get_download_type($products_id) {
            global 
    $db;

$download_check $db->Execute("select products_virtual
                        from " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS "
                        where products_id = '" 
    zen_get_prid($products_id) . "'");

if (
    $download_check->fields['products_virtual'] == '1') {
             return 
    'virtual';
            } else {
             return 
    'physical';
            }
        }
    }

$type download_type::get_download_type($_GET['products_id']);

?>

Plugin Contributions

regarding this

* Tax calculation is not working... (please, send me more info)
    * International shipping doesn't alway work (it works, maybe time out issue)
    * It offers free shipping when it shouldn't (i'll have a look to it, please send me a scenario)
    * It doesn't obey coupon restriction when it should (i added many restrictions in las version, please address me witch are missing)
    * It restricts shipping option that can be offer due to timeout issues (not a module issue :S)
    * It doesn't fully support zone restrictions (more info please)
    * It doesn't fully support virtual products (GC doesnt support it, not the module)

ur feedback is very appreciated
    im working to solve all this issues
    ropu-

Thanks for the updates.

1. Regarding your response to this statement:
    It doesn't fully support virtual products (GC doesnt support it, not the module)
    A "Google Checkout Pro" stated, on the Google Checkout Merchant and Developers discussion forums, that Google Checkout itself has no issue with instant downloads. The mod for the ecommerce application (e.g. Zen Cart) has to be programmed by the "integrator" to support instant downloads. So I'm confused by the mixed messages I read on this topic.

2. Also specific examples of the other items in Isaac's list were previously (recently) posted to this list. Please explain what more details you need?

For instance:

It offers free shipping when it shouldn't (i'll have a look to it, please send me a scenario)
    I previously provided the code in the two shipping arrays regarding the "freeshipper" issue I am still observing and I explained the the problem in detail. What more info do you need?

3. A number of people have commented that international shipping is not working (I have not personally tested because I cannot yet get past the freeshipper issue).

4. Regards to:
    It doesn't obey coupon restriction when it should (i added many restrictions in las version, please address me witch are missing)
    Isaac reported a significant coupon code issue only a day or so. Did you not review his post?

5. Please respond directly to the posts made by people helping "beta test" this mod. Each one may have a slightly different configuration/installation than you are expecting.

Until these "individual" issues are ironed out for the majority of testers, please avoid announcing that it is "not an issue" or "it is working" (even if the mod is working for you and a few others).

Thanks,
    Woody