Plugin Contributions

Default Customer account not found/no log in

Hoping someone can help with this. Last week we took a phone order and manually created and enterd the user acount with the email address that was provided from the customer. This week the customer called back and wanted to place an additional order for the same product. (cool)
    However, whenever we try and log in as the customer we get an error stating that the email address and /or password are not found.
    I knwo we have email and password correct since I logged into PHPMyadmin and looked at them. I even manually changed both and was sure to encrypt the password again.

We have created a new account with one of our own email addys to place the new order so this is not an emergency. However I would like to try and understand what may be happening here.
    Any help is mucho appreciated!!!!

ZEN 1.3.6
    PHP 4.4.3

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer account not found/no log in

Does the account appear when viewing from the admin? If so, why not just use the "Forgot your password?" on the login page. ZC will e-mail a new password to the e-mail address on file. Login and set as desired. This way you don't need to manually manipulate the database.

Also, when the new password is received to the user's e-mail account then you could be reasonable certain that there was an issue with the password.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lib99 View Post
    Does the account appear when viewing from the admin? If so, why not just use the "Forgot your password?" on the login page. ZC will e-mail a new password to the e-mail address on file. Login and set as desired. This way you don't need to manually manipulate the database.

Also, when the new password is received to the user's e-mail account then you could be reasonable certain that there was an issue with the password.
    Well, because the initial account was set up by our staff as it was a phone order. The customer then called back a week later or so and wanted to order additional product. However this time we were unable to log in to his account--that we set up and set up a password that we knew. The error was staing that the username and or email address was incorrect. We took the order offline as so we did not realize that the account did not work until about 30 minutes later.
    Even with manually resetting the email username and password the log in function did not recognize something.

Plugin Contributions

Who set up the account is not as important right now as confirming that the account is properly set up with your Zen Cart.

Does the account appear when viewing from the admin?
    • Logged into the Zen Cart admin, can you view and edit the account in question?
    • Logged into the Zen Cart admin, can you view any account?

Is anyone else experiencing problems with creating and accessing their account?

Plugin Contributions

Who set up the account is not as important right now as confirming that the account is properly set up with your Zen Cart.

Does the account appear when viewing from the admin?
    • Logged into the Zen Cart admin, can you view and edit the account in question?
    • Logged into the Zen Cart admin, can you view any account?

Is anyone else experiencing problems with creating and accessing their account?
    Yes, the account looks perfectly fine from within admin. I can edit it and for now is the only account that appears to have an issue. Hard to though since most of our accounts are set up by actual shoppers so we do not mess with them.

Plugin Contributions

From the admin, can you edit the account in question and confirm that the e-mail address is correct?

Then from the public front-end, go to the login page and try the "Forgot your password?" link. (You can also try changing the e-mail address temporarily for test purposes, to one that you have access for receiving e-mail.)

This will reset the password for the account and auto-generate a new (temporary) password. Login with the e-mail address and new password.

If successful, all you need to do is change the password to a permanent one of your choosing. If you changed the e-mail address, you can change it back now as well.

If unsuccessful, then there maybe corrupted data or at the very least more investigating.

Plugin Contributions

From the admin, can you edit the account in question and confirm that the e-mail address is correct?

Then from the public front-end, go to the login page and try the "Forgot your password?" link. (You can also try changing the e-mail address temporarily for test purposes, to one that you have access for receiving e-mail.)

This will reset the password for the account and auto-generate a new (temporary) password. Login with the e-mail address and new password.

If successful, all you need to do is change the password to a permanent one of your choosing. If you changed the e-mail address, you can change it back now as well.

If unsuccessful, then there maybe corrupted data or at the very least more investigating.
    Yah, already tried that. Changed it to my email address and a password I knew..same result. I'll try this again and see what happens.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CBO View Post
    Yah, already tried that. Changed it to my email address and a password I knew..same result. I'll try this again and see what happens.
    Well ok, now I feel like an idiot for not trying this sooner. I changed the email address to mine, again, and then instead of manually changing the password in MyPHP, I used the fogot my password function as you mentioned....it worked.

Thanks..not sure why manually changing the passoword in MyPHP didnt do it but Im not really sure I care at this point! :)