Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Re: TruBlu - Blue Template w/ Sidebox Header Images

Hi Qhome,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have looked in these files but I am not very versed in this type of coding! HTML no problem, but not php. I will need a bit more of a guidance on this one.

If I could rem the three links out or remove them some how would be great.

I do not see a need for people to log in at this time but that may change latter on down the track! So I may need to bring it back to life! The others that link to the shopping side I do not need.

Thanks
    Jamie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: TruBlu - Blue Template w/ Sidebox Header Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
    Hi Qhome,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have looked in these files but I am not very versed in this type of coding! HTML no problem, but not php. I will need a bit more of a guidance on this one.

If I could rem the three links out or remove them some how would be great.

I do not see a need for people to log in at this time but that may change latter on down the track! So I may need to bring it back to life! The others that link to the shopping side I do not need.

Thanks
    Jamie
    I'm not sure I understand. If you are just going to make it an HTML site with no php.. simply let the page render in a browser, go VIEW SOURCE and copy the code into your index page. This way everything is text based and you don't have to do anything but change the values to what you want. There is really nothing to it.

Plugin Contributions

No I just mean that I have not learnt php!

All I want to do is remove "Shopping Cart', 'My Account' and "log in' from the top horizontal menu bar but keep 'Home'.

Plugin Contributions

No I just mean that I have not learnt php!

All I want to do is remove "Shopping Cart', 'My Account' and "log in' from the top horizontal menu bar but keep 'Home'.
    But are you planning on using PHP on the site you are making? Are you making a shopping cart? or are you just making a website in html with the trublu theme?

Plugin Contributions

I want to leave it as is, that is leave the php. I am running it just as a web site and not a shopping cart, hense to remove the words. I will hunt around the language files....

Plugin Contributions

I want to leave it as is, that is leave the php. I am running it just as a web site and not a shopping cart, hense to remove the words. I will hunt around the language files....

The words are in capital letters in zencart. the capital letters (constants) link to their real displayed value in the languages file.

The constants are in the tpl_header.php file. Look for this chunk:

Code:
    <table width="100&#37;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="headerNavigation">
              <tr>
                <td align="center" valign="top" width="35%" class="headerNavigation">
                  <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;
                  <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_2, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_2; ?></a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;
     <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;
    <?php if (isset($_SESSION['customer_id'])) { ?>
                  <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>
    <?php
          } else {
            if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>
                  <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a>
    <?php } } ?>
    <!--           
     </td>

<td align="right" valign="top" width="35%" class="headerNavigation"> -->
    <?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() != 0) { ?>
               <!-- <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?>&raquo;</a>  -->
               &nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?>&raquo;</a> 
    <?php }?>
                </td>
    <td align="right" width="30%" class="headerNavigation"><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'sideboxes/' . 'search_header.php'); ?></td>
              </tr>
            </table>
    To remove the use of the language file and keep the word 'HOME', Simply change that code to:

Code:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="headerNavigation">
      <tr>
        <td align="center" valign="top" width="35%" class="headerNavigation">
          <a href="path/to/home.php">Home</a>
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>

Plugin Contributions

Love ya work Qhome!

That has done it. Thanks for bearing with me you have solved my delema . I hope youhave a warm feeling. I could not find this issue anywhere on this forum and may be useful to starters like me.

One passing question... <a href="path/to/home.php> takes me no where! I changed it to <a href=""> and it takes me back to my home page??? Why is it so??? I would also like to put my own links in here?

But thanks again, this is a handy section to know about.

Jamie

Plugin Contributions

Love ya work Qhome!

That has done it. Thanks for bearing with me you have solved my delema . I hope youhave a warm feeling. I could not find this issue anywhere on this forum and may be useful to starters like me.

One passing question... <a href="path/to/home.php> takes me no where! I changed it to <a href=""> and it takes me back to my home page??? Why is it so??? I would also like to put my own links in here?

But thanks again, this is a handy section to know about.

Jamie
    the path was meant for you to fill your own path there. Thats just basic HTML. the text there was an example for you. You'd likely put <a href="index.html"> or <a href="http://www.mysite.com">

Plugin Contributions

I tried to add <a href="http://www.mysite.com"> but the url on the link was then http://www.mysite.com/www.mysite.com ! So I figured there was some php code effecting it somewhere?

As like you said <a href=""> should end up nowhere?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: TruBlu - Blue Template

Direct link to what I'm looking on help for:

http://vdmfabrics.com/zen-cart/index...&products_id=2

If you look at the page there's the drop down menu for Fabric Length Size.
    I was hoping to do 2 things with that:
    1- Remove the 'Please Choose' copy the menu
    2- Move the menu up higher on the page so it is bottom aligned with the 'Add to Cart' box.

I've been able to figure out most things so far on my own, but these are troubling me. Any and all help is well appreciated and thank you in advance.

-Rose

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast