Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Title Meta Tag in Admin

I am still showing Zen Cart in my product title meta tags. I have already changed the header_html.php and the meta_tag.php. Where else is this code stored? My pages show the right tag just not my products and categories.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Title Meta Tag

Quote Originally Posted by J Price View Post
    I am still showing Zen Cart in my product title meta tags. I have already changed the header_html.php and the meta_tag.php. Where else is this code stored? My pages show the right tag just not my products and categories.
    1. What's the URL where we may see this?
    2. You should not ever need to touch the html_header.php file.
    3. The metatags data is stored in the meta_tags.php language file and in the database as part of each product/category's metatags settings (if you've defined any of those).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

www.beautywithacause.com is the site. I am seeing the tag/title in the Zen cart admin pages when I am setting up the meta tags for my products and my categories.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So, you're saying you don't like the Title tag in the Admin ?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I don't want web crawlers to read zen cart instead of what I customized about my company. How can I see the metatags on the live website? Are you saying the admin tags are not related to the real thing?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The web crawlers see the same thing your customers see. They don't see your admin.

Go to your storefront. That's what they will see.
    Click on a category/product. That's what they'll see.

The admin area is only for the storeowner to manage their store.

Plugin Contributions

I am dealing with the same issue, but for a different reason. I would like to replace "Zen Cart!" in the title for my admin. I understand that users won't see it, and it doesn't bother me to see it except for printing of invoices and packing slips, where it prints out on the very top left of the page.

I know I could change my browser's print settings to avoid this, but I would rather change the metatag title in my admin (so I don't have to keep changing browser settings before and after each time I print packing slips.

I went here:
    includes\languages\english\MY_TEMPLATE\metatags.php
    and changed this:
    define('TITLE','Zen Cart!');
    to this:
    define('TITLE','MY_TITLE');
    but the template override apparently doesn't apply to admin (of course).

I know I can edit the same line in
    includes\languages\english\metatags.php
    to change accomplish this, but I am wondering if there is a better way (since I've read so many warnings against editing non-override files).

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OFelixCulpa View Post
    I am dealing with the same issue, but for a different reason. I would like to replace "Zen Cart!" in the title for my admin. I understand that users won't see it, and it doesn't bother me to see it except for printing of invoices and packing slips, where it prints out on the very top left of the page.

I know I could change my browser's print settings to avoid this, but I would rather change the metatag title in my admin (so I don't have to keep changing browser settings before and after each time I print packing slips.

I went here:
    includes\languages\english\MY_TEMPLATE\metatags.php
    and changed this:
    define('TITLE','Zen Cart!');
    to this:
    define('TITLE','MY_TITLE');
    but the template override apparently doesn't apply to admin (of course).

I know I can edit the same line in
    includes\languages\english\metatags.php
    to change accomplish this, but I am wondering if there is a better way (since I've read so many warnings against editing non-override files).

Thanks
    Just edit your /admin/includes/languages/english.php file directly (no override):
    Code:
    // removed for meta tags
    // page title
    //define('TITLE', 'Zen Cart');

// include template specific meta tags defines
    remove the // in front of this line, and set the text you desire to display:
    Code:
    //define('TITLE', 'Zen Cart');

Plugin Contributions

That is just what I needed! Thanks for such a quick response.

Just out of curiosity, why doesn't it point to the metatag.php file for the chosen template instead of the base metatag.php?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Title Meta Tag in Admin

Hello,
    Where can we change following lines?

"The Zen Cart™ Team and others ""

/>shopping cart program by Zen Cart™, http://www.zen-cart.com"

in these codes:

<meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no" />
    <meta name="authors" content="The Zen Cart&trade; Team and others" />
    <meta name="generator" content="shopping cart program by Zen Cart&trade;, http://www.zen-cart.com" />

Is slash / in the end of lines correct?

Thanks for the respond in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast