Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal express problem? funds not collected

i sent you a private message with the info that paypal sent me today after doin about 2 hours of testing.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by slik666 View Post
    Im In The Usa And All My Setting Are For The Us Only I Dont Know Whats Goin On ? I Got Issues With Paypal Becouse The Other Night I Had Them Run A Test And I Had My Payment Modules Turned Off And They Said It Was Runnin Fine. I Dont Know What To Do .
    What kind of test were they doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by slik666 View Post
    And Do I Want Too Have Paypal Express Running With Paypal Ipn At The Same Time?
    You can, but you generally don't need to, since having 2 choices on the payment screen can be confusing to some customers.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Do you still have *any* Google Checkout code on your server ?
    At what point did you add GC to your site ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

we added google the other day but it hasnt been activated yet still waitin too verify my bank account. i just tried somethin new i think(lol). i turned off paypal ipn and changed my payment zone too none on paypal express and guess what after all this trYin to find out what was wrong.

ITS WORKIN , OMG I CANT BELIEVE ITS WORKIN!!!!

MY LUCK SOMETHIN ELSE WILL GO WRONG.......

THANK SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP DOC I WILL BE MAKIN A DONATION VERY SOON. THANKS AGAIN.
    HOPEFULLY THIS WILL HELP OTHER USA MERCHANTS THAT DONT SHIP OUTSIDE OF US.

Plugin Contributions

We are sorry for the inconvenience; however, at the present time we are unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected as your PayPal address. Please continue using normal checkout and select from the available payment methods to complete your order.
    I'm having the same issue with Paypal. The store itself will check someone out (although I don't have it hooked up to anything) which means it's all manual...and I don't want to have to manually enter peoples cc's into a processing screen to charge them, I want it automatic. Paypal keeps saying it's working but when I test it using my CC it fails. I rad the post where DR. was saying it's a validation thing, but the info is the same in my case...the account I created is the same as the info I put into paypal.

Here is something I came across in the admin:

PayPal Express Checkout (v0.1b)
    Requirements:
    *CURL is used for bidirectional communication with the gateway, so must be active on your hosting server (if you need to use a CURL proxy, set the CURL proxy settings under Admin->Configuration->My Store.)

I asked Dreamhost (my sever guys) if they allow cUrl stuff as I know nothing about this and they sent me a Wikki article on this:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/CURL

and in the article it says:
    In a measure to improve security, DreamHost has disabled the PHP option allow_url_fopen

So I'm wondering if the disabled PHP option allow_url_fopen is what's causing the problem.

If it's not, WHATS GOING WRONG...please any answers will be appreciated as all I get from Paypal is "its working" when it's not.

Zidain

Plugin Contributions

We are sorry for the inconvenience; however, at the present time we are unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected as your PayPal address. Please continue using normal checkout and select from the available payment methods to complete your order.

This is the exact message I get from Zen Cart when returned from Paypal. What's going wrong here?

Zidain

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zidain View Post
    I'm having the same issue with Paypal. The store itself will check someone out (although I don't have it hooked up to anything) which means it's all manual...and I don't want to have to manually enter peoples cc's into a processing screen to charge them, I want it automatic. Paypal keeps saying it's working but when I test it using my CC it fails. I rad the post where DR. was saying it's a validation thing, but the info is the same in my case...the account I created is the same as the info I put into paypal.

Here is something I came across in the admin:

PayPal Express Checkout (v0.1b)
    Requirements:
    *CURL is used for bidirectional communication with the gateway, so must be active on your hosting server (if you need to use a CURL proxy, set the CURL proxy settings under Admin->Configuration->My Store.)

I asked Dreamhost (my sever guys) if they allow cUrl stuff as I know nothing about this and they sent me a Wikki article on this:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/CURL

and in the article it says:
    In a measure to improve security, DreamHost has disabled the PHP option allow_url_fopen

So I'm wondering if the disabled PHP option allow_url_fopen is what's causing the problem.

If it's not, WHATS GOING WRONG...please any answers will be appreciated as all I get from Paypal is "its working" when it's not.

Zidain
    I believe the "allow_url_fopen" option is different from using CURL.
    Dreamhost seems to have turned off allow_url_fopen (for security reasons); unfortunately the current Paypal IPN requires this.

I have not been able to get Paypal IPN to work using Dreamhost. For some reason, the addresses from Zen Cart never gets pushed to Paypal (and the address in the buyer's Paypal profile never gets used either). So the store ends up getting a payment with a buyer with "no address".

However, you should be able to use Paypal Express without any problems.
    Where does yours fail at? Can you step us through exactly what steps you take?

Plugin Contributions

Paypal express is working, I've given up on IPN lol, thanks for the comments though.

Zidain

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: paypal express problem? funds not collected

I was pulling my hair out as I couldn't get it to work with the same problem.

I ended up setting

============
    Module => Payment => Paypal Express Checkout => Payment Zone => <None>

Module => Shipping => Fastways Courier => Shipping Zone => <None>
    ============

and it works.

I couldn't get my own zone to work <AUS>... I couldn't care less as long as it works..

Anyhow, hope it works for you too!

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you set the zone to '--none--' in your paypal module (ie: removing all restrictions), do things now work properly?
    Hey, this just happened to me yesterday out of the blue! Tried using my girlfriends card, my card, my paypal and I think at least 3 (lost) customers tried using it too and it kept coming up with the "We are sorry for the inconvenience; however, at the present time we are unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected as your PayPal address. Please continue using normal checkout and select from the available payment methods to complete your order." Message. I changed it from UK to -none- and it is fine now! Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123