Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

help question Re: PC Configurator For Zen Cart

Hi there, I'm stuck at the first step here. I'm trying to run the SQL queries, but I get an error saying "Error: Nothing to do - no query or query-file specified." Can anyone help me?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PC Configurator For Zen Cart

Ladies and gents looking for this particular mod to work; just to provide a quick, short and sweet answer to your questions; IT DOESN'T WORK!!! LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR A POSSIBLE WORKING MOD. I generally am not trying post a negative message regarding this mod and become a hopeless advocate. There is nothing more than I would like to see a mod like this working for Zencart, but as long as I have been on this forum, that remains to be seen / proven. And if someone does have it working out there, good luck on getting them to tell you how they did it, or better yet how to do it. The guy that started this whole thing named "Charis" is a great guy and he possibly knows how to get this thing working, but he has been too busy to work on this for the past couple of months (since April of 08). So, officially I will say that this is a "busted" mod and a BUMP!! If there is anyone out there that would say otherwise, then I would like to see this working with out further BS. Sorry to inform you all with the bad news.

Plugin Contributions

The trought is that I was realy bussy. I also work in a bank for the last 6 months. Please understand that I do not have much time, even for my family.

BUT I just want to tell you, that I started making changes, so PC Configurator will change and everybody can easily install.

That means that I have to write the whole code from the start and re-pack it.

PC Configurator will be a GENERAL configurator, accossiated with well known modules as EasyPopulate, Tabed Buttons and many more , to help users more.

I will try to fix all bugs, as I am getting better on programming PHP etc, and make the whole thing overriding so there are not changes in core system files.

Last thing I would like to say, is that I called for help from the start, to create a team for PC Configurator, but there was not any response.

Thank you all
    Last edited by lebrand2006; 1 Oct 2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: mistakes in language

Plugin Contributions

Default Product configurator for zen cart !! New !! New !!

Hi again.

It's a new day for pc configurator, but I am afraid of that there should always be some changes in core code.

Let's do it from the start. Build a new configurator for ANY KIND of products !!!

Let's just name it PRODUCT CONFIGURATOR !

For those who DID NOT EVER MAKE ANY CHANGE in their files :

1. admin/categories.php

2. admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php

YOU CAN START HELPING IN THIS NEW CONFIGURATOR

I will include any change in every post so all can follow.

Have in mind that I run version 1.3.0.1 but tested on 1.3.8 works FINE

BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGE, BACK UP YOUR FILES :

1. admin/categories.php

2. admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php

Download the zip file included in this post and upload :

1. categories.php -> to your admin folder

2. category_product_listing.php -> to your admin/includes/modules folder

3. not_part_in_configurator.gif -> to your admin/images folder

4. part_in_configurator.gif -> to your admin/images folder

Go to :

Admin -> Install SQL Patches

and RUN this :

ALTER TABLE `categories` ADD COLUMN `pc_configurator` int(11) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `categories_status`;

READY TO SEE THE RESULTS ?

Now go to Admin -> Categories/Products to see what happens :

In the top ( LEGEND ROW ) you will notice 2 new icons described

Configurator ON - Configurator OFF

Now take a look at the column Status :

Where categories have products, you will notice the new (icon)button in the right of the green (v) or red (x) (icon)button

Where categories have subcategories the button is hidding for the reason that we want to populate some drop down lists with products later, so we can select a category to be included in CONFIGURATOR only if there are products in it.

This is the CONFIGURATOR button, and the first steps for this new module.

PRESS this button to see what happens :

I added a new "case" ( new form, new action ) so we can update the new column 'pc_configurator' we added in table `categories` before.

Have in mind, that all modifications for a CONFIGURATOR in the future will be from an excel file.

I started writing the code for module "CONFIGURATOR_EASY_POPULATE" which is based on Easy_Populate module.

So, changing products, prices, descriptions, and any other information for configurator products will be ONE CLICK and independed from Easy Populate, if you have installed and using it.

That's it for now.

Please test and reply. If someone have an idea to override instead of making changes to core files categories.php and category_product_listing.php please post it.

Next step is to loop through categories with products, where CONFIGURATOR IS ON to produce DROP DOWN lists.

Any idea for the shorting ?

I am thinking of using some javascript to produce links(with 'url vars') for visitor page where configurator.php will be, and use "@extract($_GET)" to get all these vars, maybe to compare with vals from queries which have to do with categories which are included in Configurator module, so visitor can select which categories, or type of product to configure.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: PC Configurator For Zen Cart

Quote Originally Posted by peeryr View Post
    Ladies and gents looking for this particular mod to work; just to provide a quick, short and sweet answer to your questions; IT DOESN'T WORK!!! LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR A POSSIBLE WORKING MOD. I generally am not trying post a negative message regarding this mod and become a hopeless advocate. There is nothing more than I would like to see a mod like this working for Zencart, but as long as I have been on this forum, that remains to be seen / proven. And if someone does have it working out there, good luck on getting them to tell you how they did it, or better yet how to do it. The guy that started this whole thing named "Charis" is a great guy and he possibly knows how to get this thing working, but he has been too busy to work on this for the past couple of months (since April of 08). So, officially I will say that this is a "busted" mod and a BUMP!! If there is anyone out there that would say otherwise, then I would like to see this working with out further BS. Sorry to inform you all with the bad news.
    If you want, ASK from moderators or administrators to delete this post.

LIFE IS GOOD !!!

Thank you for your support

Plugin Contributions

Dear all,

take a look at this :

http://www.lebrand.gr/eshop/index.php?main_page=mpatclb

Maybe this time I am better.

Just learned some more PHP.

All these happens with some lines of code.

This new configurator, will be really nice, only 2-3 pages of code, not very hardcoded, and the best is that will be developed to be a general product configurator.

Everything will be easy from admin area. There will be options so every user can make as many product configurators as many he likes. Also everything will be controlled fast from an excel file. In 10 minutes, there could be 100ds of changes, and ONE CLICK to UPDATE !!

Please, see the previous POSTS and try, so we make it all together, fixing posible bugs the same time, and follow this link

http://www.lebrand.gr/eshop/index.php?main_page=mpatclb

It is just aplha testing version (temp site for testing)

We find all selected categories from user, from admin area, and then we produce categories ids.

2 while loops are running now.

One more while loop will bring 100ds products for all these categories.

This is it for now. Let me write some code and I will come back latter.

Plugin Contributions

Default New configurator working !!!

Very good news.

THE NEW PAGE WORKING ON MY SITE IS

http://www.lebrand.gr/eshop/index.ph...e=configurator

I made some changes in the code and now we have the first configurator WORKING !!!

If you want to test it to your site, you have to make a new page.

To make a new page, just download the attachment zip file ( NEW CONFIGURATOR.zip ) and upload it's contents to your site.

The zip file also contents an "admin" folder. If you did not install, as described in POST #215, JUST follow the instructions in the POST #215 : http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=215

I named the new page configurator, because it will later be used as the BASE PAGE for selecting what products to CONFIGURE.

That means that there will be a FILTER, so visitor can SELECT from many GROUPS of PRODUCTS to CONFIGURE a set of them.

Maybe you sell bicycles, computers or any other kind of sets of products that are combined, or generaly products that have accessories that someone can select as extra parts.

NO PROBLEM !!!

The NEW , GENERAL CONFIGURATOR will do the following for you :

1. Gather the categories for the kind of product that should be configured
    2. List the products within every category with drop down lists
    3. Add selected products to cart

But there is a long way to reach this point, so please follow the posts, and test every step.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Is somebody interested ?

Dear all,

New configurator is very easy to install.

If somebody is interested, please POST, so we can go on and test all together, to find possible bugs.

You can allways visit the base site for NEW CONFIGURATOR :

First page, the most advanced is working fine. Now preparing changes in admin area so we can sort categories the way we like it to be, for configurator.

Again, no new pages, no SQL patces, ONLY one column addition in table categories to characterise every category which participate in configurator.

Thanks
    Last edited by lebrand2006; 6 Oct 2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Fortgot a page link

Plugin Contributions

Default Configurator For Zen Cart

New testing WORKING version available.

Download the new zip file from this POST.

Upload and test.

Please provide your URL, and tell me what else you need the configurator to do.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

You should set up a svn on google code, then we can easily help you.

Regards

Raine

http://code.google.com/hosting/
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast