Page 87 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbooks Import QBI

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by borillion_star View Post
    I would like to ask if you wouldn't mind taking a look at some errors I am getting when I try to run, I did look for a solution in the Zen-Cart
    Forums where you tell others to upgrade to the newest version. I took the update off the Zen-Cart download site and it didn't solve the errors.
    I'm not sure what you mean that you got an update, as the free version has not been updated for about two years (the commercial version is frequently updated).

For some reason you are missing a column in one of your QBI tables. I suggest that you make sure that the version you have installed is 3.21b. Then, delete all the tables in your ZC database that begin with qbi_. When you start QBI up the next time, it will reinstall the tables. Any QBI settings you had previously will not of course be saved.

If you have installed the paid version (QBI 3.50+), and are trying to use QBI 3.21b, then yes you will get db errors. You can't try to use two versions of QBI at the same time, as some of the tables are different. If this is the case, then we can continue this discussion in the support section of qbisoftware.com

Thanks,
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

Hi Adam,

Hope your holiday is going well. I'm really psyched to get your mod working....it's going to help us out bigtime!

I completed the installation of the community (3.21b in the Downloads section) version on our 1.3.8 installation and all seems ok. I stepped through the configuration as laid out in the manual and exported all of my products as an .iif file and imported into QB (Premier 2007). Looked good initially but one major issue I see is that the inventory quantity did not get carried over. All quantities are zero in QB even though there are quanties of greater than 1 in ZC. Any ideas of what may be set up incorrectly? I searched the manual and config settings and didn't see anything that might help.

One thing to mention: we use product attributes (and attributes stock) for our sizes. Maybe that is causing issues?

Appreciate any help you can give...

thanks!
    Don

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by donplay View Post
    Hi Adam,
    Looked good initially but one major issue I see is that the inventory quantity did not get carried over. All quantities are zero in QB even though there are quanties of greater than 1 in ZC. Any ideas of what may be set up incorrectly?
    QBI does not transfer over the initial stock quantities. It would need to create a transaction in QB to do that - you can't just add inventory, because the inventory has a value or purchase price that needs to be accounted for in order for QB to keep the books straight. Since Zen Cart doesn't have an item Cost field, there would not be a way to even determine the value of the inventory.

At some point I may think more about how to deal with this. However, note that you are going to need to add item descriptions, cost, preferred vendor, re-order point, etc to each item in QB. So, it is unavoidable anyway that you are going to need to open each item individually in QB. You may also be able to add the inventory at once from the inventory adjustment screen, but you'll need to determine if that is how you want to do it accounting wise.

Once the initial inventory is set, it will decrement properly with each order. Also, this isn't an issue for those who already have items and inventory set up in QB.

If you do off-line sales, the commercial but not the free version of QBI can re-sync the QB and Zen Cart stock levels.
    One thing to mention: we use product attributes (and attributes stock) for our sizes. Maybe that is causing issues?
    No, this add-on should work fine with QBI.

Thanks,
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

Adam,

Regarding importing as estimates, it is true that is an extra step, two or three additional clicks, but that sure beats having to create a new sales order copying and pasting 20 items.

BTW, in either the commercial or free version, can one specify how each order should be imported (i.e., as sales receipt, invoice, etc)?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adam5532 View Post
    Nevertheless, Web Connect is superior and more flexible, and at this point I will be focusing the majority of my development time on integrating it into QBI. I will also be adapting QBI to work with ZC2.0. I need to evaluate if a free version will be offered for 2.0.
    Man, web connect with you QBI and ZC 2.0... sounds like a dream!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    Adam,
    BTW, in either the commercial or free version, can one specify how each order should be imported (i.e., as sales receipt, invoice, etc)?

Thanks.
    Both versions allow you to import sales paid for online as either Invoice, Invoice and Payment, or Sales Receipt. I can't think of any reason to use anything other than Sales Receipt, but the additional options are provided anyway.

Sales not already paid for, if you allow these payment methods (check, money order, charge CC later, etc), will always import as Invoices.

Thanks,
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

There are several reasons for using other than sales receipts.

You already mentioned check, money order, charge CC later. We don't charge an order until it's ready to ship, the final charge can be more or less than the original depending on availability or if the customer makes changes.
    Need to track backorders. Orders may ship in several parts from one or more locations.

Anyway, another question, is it possible to flag some orders so they are not imported?
    The reason for this being sales orders or estimates is not currently supported, when sales orders are needed, we'd need to enter these manually.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I thought I had QBI working correctly, but my matching of products doesn't seem to be working.

Right now matching everything is good except products with attributes (just 1 level of attributes). Payment, shipping, order no, etc... are all being imported correctly.

Any thoughts? I've gone through it several times, but it just keeps bringing products in as a new service item even though the match page shows that it is supposedly matched with the correct product in quickbooks.

In quickbooks I don't have subitems... just part numbers so something like this

quickbooks
    03-0220BLK
    03-0220CLR
    03-0220RED

QBI
    03-0220 (base part number)

attributes
    03-0220:Black matched to 03-0220BLK
    03-0220:Clear matched to 03-0220CLR
    03-0220:Red matched to 03-0220RED

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by desmoworks View Post
    quickbooks
    03-0220BLK
    03-0220CLR
    03-0220RED

QBI
    03-0220 (base part number)

attributes
    03-0220:Black matched to 03-0220BLK
    03-0220:Clear matched to 03-0220CLR
    03-0220:Red matched to 03-0220RED
    1) Make sure that all your products have the Product Model field filled in.
    2) Make sure that you do not have a semi-colon in the attribute itself, because QB uses that to create sub-items and that will confuse it.
    3) Do you get 03-0220:Black for example as a service in QB?
    4) What version of ZC are you using?
    5) Try 1 and 2 and then let me know if it is still a problem.

Thanks,
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

Got this right after install:

Got this right after uploading the files into catalog/admin:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/.../catalog/admin/customers.php on line 1099

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/.../catalog/admin/customers.php on line 1101

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/.../catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 29

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/.../catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 30

Any ideas?

Page 87 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast