Page 57 of 113 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stocks by attributes

Hi Kellan,

I did something very similar but didn't check for null/0 so didn't have to make your second change above.

select pov.products_options_values_id,
    pov.products_options_values_name,
    pa.*
    from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov
    on pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id
    join products_with_attributes_stock PWAS
    on PWAS.stock_attributes = pa.products_attributes_id
    where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'
    and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_names->fields['products_options_id'] . "'
    and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id
    and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'
    and PWAS.quantity > 0 " .
    $order_by;

This is in attributes.php

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,

I have just tweaked EasyPopulate to import/export Products With Attributes Stock data. It is very simple and works for me. How do I publish this to others as it is a cross/hybrid mod of EasyPopulate and Stock By Attributes? Also, should I publish it as I think a commercially available mod, Easy Populate Advanced does this. Whilst this is my solution so there are no copy right breaches, I don't want to do anything to offend other Zenners.

Also, what is a "New Zenner"??????

Kev

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kev

I'm not sure what the position is for you to release it as a commercial module when your foundations are a couple of free modules (assuming it was the Easy Populate free and not the commercial) but I do believe a free release to the community would be quite popular.

If you did release it commercially, then you are more or less obliged - in fact, you may even be legally obliged as goods must be fit for use - to offer support and ensure that it works for any paying customer. If a free release, that sort of support becomes entirely voluntary.

One option is to release it as a freebie, then develop an enhanced commercial option, much in the way that Langer did with EP and EP Advanced.

If you release to the community, package it up in the correct zc directory structure, include a detailed readme with installation instructions, a list of modified core files, a list of new files etc and then submit it via the Submit your file button here

New Zenner simply refers to the number of posts you have made on the forum
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ryk,

I don't think I was very clear. I have no intention of releasing this commercially. I am aware that Easy populate Advanced is commercially available, and that it **may** offer similar functionality. What I want to avoid is releasing a free mod that would be stepping on the toes of a commercially available mod and upsetting the author.

Since you have suggested that a free mod may prove useful, I will document my work tonight and upload it for all to use, unless someone suggests otherwise.

Kevin

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kev

I look forward to seeing it - as I'm sure a considerable number of others do as well.

Ryk
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by krazykev View Post
    I don't think I was very clear. I have no intention of releasing this commercially. ... What I want to avoid is releasing a free mod that would be stepping on the toes of a commercially available mod and upsetting the author.
    LOL. I was in the middle of a long response explaining the ins and outs of open source licensing.

I'd say go ahead. Anyone (even somebody as nice as Langer) who produces a commercial mod for an Open Source platform shouldn't expect that they'll get a clear run that leaves useful extensions unavailable to users of the main package who haven't paid.

I'd recommend making it a separate mod. It sounds like an extension to Easy Populate that recognizes the attribute and attribute tables, but I would still treat it as different unless it also enhances the existing Easy Populate functionality significantly; name it so that it pops up alongside the other variants of Easy Populate in the downloads section; and create and point to a support thread specifically for it.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I have uploaded this as a contribution with the name "Easy Populate with Stock With Attributes". Subject to a successful review by the Zen Cart team you will have this soon.

Kev

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by krazykev View Post
    Hi Kellan,

I did something very similar but didn't check for null/0 so didn't have to make your second change above.

select pov.products_options_values_id,
    pov.products_options_values_name,
    pa.*
    from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov
    on pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id
    join products_with_attributes_stock PWAS
    on PWAS.stock_attributes = pa.products_attributes_id
    where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'
    and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_names->fields['products_options_id'] . "'
    and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id
    and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'
    and PWAS.quantity > 0 " .
    $order_by;

This is in attributes.php
    Kev
    the only reason I did the null is that I have some items that will have attributes that don't have an individual quantity specified so I wanted to make sure those are displayed. Do you have this on a live site? If so, have you noticed any side affects? How many transactions are you running? Thanks!!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

yes I have this on a live site with no side effects that I have noticed. I don't do transactions though so probably not the best test bed.

Kev

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Stocks by attributes

I am working on a site and I am working with the classic template.
    what I need to do is:
    I have 6 nappies
    4 x medium and 2 x small

I have made attributes for the medium and small
    what I need to know is how do I add and control the qty,s available for each size.

At the moment I just have the available sizes but nothing for the qtys available I have been reading and reading and just can not find what I need to be able to do this.

This is the site:
    http://clothiebumz.com.au/

the owner wants to launch on sunday so i really need to get this finalised..

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me..
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Thanks
    Melissa
    www.wheretostartwebsites.com[/FONT]