Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WorldPay Module version 2.0 - Support thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bigenuf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RBSWorldPay
    At this point any visual impairment to the design of your payment pages caused by the measures we are taking to prevent cross site scripting will be visible to your shoppers.
    that reads to me,

At this point any blindness to the design of your payment pages caused by the measures we are taking to prevent cross site scripting will be visible to your shoppers.
    which actually makes sense, they are blind to their actions.

although a more accurate "management speak translation", removing the bull, is:

At this point any blindness to the design of your payment pages caused by the measures we are taking, will be visible to your shoppers.
    In fact I'd like to patent bulltoenglish.google.co.uk a new translation service similar to http://translate.google.co.uk except it enables the average person to understand what middle management is saying.

I've thrown this together and would appreciate if someone who knows what they are doing can have a look at it and see if it will actually work. I've made it so that all one needs to do is drop a folder into their templates folder and it will take care of this worldpay problem.
    This is not intended to be a permanent fix just a stop gap measure until Worldpay decides to pull their heads out.
    See the following Screen captures of both the Success and Cancelled pages.

Since the mechanics of this module work great all we are bothered with is what the customer sees after they have either completed their transaction or cancelled it and this , i believe, is an acceptable outcome for those of us who are challenged

Because forum rules prohibit me from posting a link to this fix if you Philip or anyone else who wants to have a look at it will either PM me or email me and i'll send you a link to it.

Plugin Contributions

Now I need to understand this. Are these problems going to be because of some future changes, or the changes are already actually in effect?

The reason why I am asking is because I just processed a test payment through my website and WP and all it seemed normal. All screens were the same as they were 6 months ago...

Plugin Contributions

Yep send me the link through and I'll check that everything is still working, my email address is there when you click on my name anyway. Haven't had any time this week what with a child's birthday. I think I have another suggestion for the branding of the page, I just have to have a look through the standard defined constants in the zen cart package.

Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oxxyfx View Post
    Now I need to understand this. Are these problems going to be because of some future changes, or the changes are already actually in effect?

The reason why I am asking is because I just processed a test payment through my website and WP and all it seemed normal. All screens were the same as they were 6 months ago...
    The changes will be coming to global effect inside 14 days. Some people have already got them and have ben discussing it for weeks. This is one of the odd situations that I find myself in, because I maintain the module but don't have a wordlpay account. Bigenuf's suggestions are pretty much the only way that the worldpay module would work in the future, But a lot of people will leave worldpay just because they have been so obtruse during this discussion, given conflicting information and I have lost count of the times that they has "blamed the module" for errors with new users over the last year.

Link sent, if you need anything else just let me know. I'll be up around 4 am starting work

Plugin Contributions

I'll probably be going to bed around then ;o

Quote Originally Posted by oxxyfx View Post

To see what were dealing with go into your worldpay account and go into the test environment 3/4 of the way down the page you will see a check box to enable or disable the "whitelisting". If it is enabled , it should be enabled by default at the present time, then you can test it otherwise change and save it.

Go into your zencart admin Modules>Payment>Worldpay Credit card payments, 2.10 is the current version, edit this module and set it into TEST Mode . Save it and then do a test transaction. The easiest way is to purchase something on your site, choose Worlpay as the payment option, go to Worldpay and then cancel the payment and you should return to your site.

At the present time this will only look like this when you have whitelisting enabled but shortly you will not have an option to turn it on or off and your result pages will be a mess.

Now go back and turn the test mode off in the Worldpay module so your customers can make purchases.

Please be aware of the timelines for making these changes.

August 2009: the Test Environment will begin to enforce our list of permitted HTML tags so you can test payment pages before setting them live.

September 23rd 2009: we will activate our list of permitted HTML tags for all live payment pages for all customers. At this point any visual impairment to the design of your payment pages caused by the measures we are taking to prevent cross site scripting will be visible to your shoppers. If this causes an issue for your payment pages you can remove the list from your installation via our Merchant Interface(see Disabling and Re enabling Whitelist in Technical Notes below) up until the 14th October 2009 from when all installations will work with the list of permitted HTML tags without exception.

We will update you with further details nearer the time letting you know when to start reviewing your payment pages in the Test and Production environment.
    The article is here.

http://www.rbsworldpay.com/support/b...s&sub=xss&c=UK

Cheers
    Last edited by Bigenuf; 14 Sep 2009 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Clarify

Plugin Contributions

You know those modifications ? I can here something, it's very faint at the moment but it's going tick tock, tick tock. (all will be revealed soon)

Plugin Contributions

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast