Page 255 of 384 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3833
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support for Version 1.2.5.4

Hi Chadderuski and thanks for that, so you think EP 1.2.5.4 is the way to go or shall I give the one of the later vs a go, it appears that they do the same but the code has been cleaned up, pls correct me if I am wrong.

I guess the best way for me to get going is to do full back ups and start to play with one of the EP's.

In reading various sites I have come across the following can you or anyone tell me if this is possible in EP, as I get a jumbled mess of a CSV (with a listing of only what they are offering on that day) from supplier and this would sort my problem.

All the Best RR and I thank you for any advice

On Upload

Mark unlisted products as "Out of Stock" ( in Zen Cart this is "In Stock" property of a product) - all products that were not affected by import will be marked as unavailable, but will not be deleted.

Import Method

Add and Modify - will add new product if it is not available in database yet and modify those products that were found
    Add Only - only add new products
    Modify Only - only update existing products and do not add new entries, even if current product was not found
    Just Add - this option may produce product duplicates, since

Plugin Contributions

Renz:

Those all look like basic switches that could be incorporated into the code.

I've sent you a PM.

-cj

Plugin Contributions

Just wanted to know, is there a maximum file size for Easy Pop? I have about 4000 items on my site, but I upload them them in different feeds. When I try to download them all at once it gives me a blank page, with one of the last words in the url stating: "full". I just would like to know how to get around this.
    Halo's Ethereal Favors - Wedding Favors, Baby Shower Favors, Baby Gifts & more!

Visit Our Blog:Halo's Favors Blog

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by byrd813 View Post
    Just wanted to know, is there a maximum file size for Easy Pop? I have about 4000 items on my site, but I upload them them in different feeds. When I try to download them all at once it gives me a blank page, with one of the last words in the url stating: "full". I just would like to know how to get around this.
    "full" in the URL refers to the download type you are performing. Have you tried "Create Easy Populate Files in Temp Directory"? You could then pull the file down with ftp software.

Also, you may want to check your server's settings. If you are on a shared host with limited resources, you may need to increase some of your memory and time limits in your php.ini file - provided your host allows this - because many are set to the most basic needs out-of-the-box.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Renz View Post
    ckosloff, but I see you are in the same boat as me for attributes (from another post in this forum)
    In the coming days I am going to try new version of Improved Attributes Controller (have been using Bulk Attributes Controller, so far).
    There is another (very old) mod out there:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=469
    gonna try that one too.
    I think that I will need to get hands on with the code eventually.
    Nothing that I have seen so far is satisfactory and I cannot afford to throw money down the drain with the commercial version.
    Easy Populate 1.2.5.6 works OK for products but that is not my main concern.

Plugin Contributions

ok, I hope no one gets angry from me posting something that has been posted a bunch in this thread.

But... there are simply too many pages in this thread, and the 60 or so I actually read didnt give me the answer I needed, and search doesnt do justice in this support thread lol

That being said, Here goes...

I am getting an Internal server 500 error. I even tuned it down to split the file at 100 records, it will do the first 20 files fine when trimmed down to a mere 100 records, then about file 21 or so will internal server error.

I contacted my Host and asked them to check everything I saw people on here stating that they checked or changed on their servers, and their reply was:

I took a look at the server logs. It doesn't appear that the process killer on the server is stopping zencart. The easypopulate.php script seems to be dieing on it's own. Unfortunately this is all the log shows.

logs/mywatchstore.org/http/error.log.2009-09-23:[Wed Sep 23 17:59:39 2009] [error] [client (ip address edited out for security)] Premature end of script headers:
    easypopulate.php, referer:
    http://www.mywatchstore.org/(admin folder name edited out for security)/easypopulate.php

Not much help there. Also it doesn't appear to be mod_security or any hack prevention software stopping it either. I'm not really sure why you are getting these internal server errors, but maybe the info above will help the zencart forums track down the correct action. If you have any more questions or info then please let me know.
    So, any ideas as to why it is still erroring out? I have tried reinstalling the mod as well.

Thanks ahead of time for your help -Eric

Plugin Contributions

Eric, this may sound really silly, but have you tried looking as your CSV file just in word pad. I had a problem with my file, after the first 18 rows, all of a sudden threw a comma out of place (gotta love Microsoft) and it gave me some crazy errors as well (don't remember what they were, but they had nothing to actually do with the server). I just had to manually fix the comma's in wordpad and it worked after that.

Just a thought.
    Thanks, Colleen
    www.af-company.com
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    "full" in the URL refers to the download type you are performing. Have you tried "Create Easy Populate Files in Temp Directory"? You could then pull the file down with ftp software.

Also, you may want to check your server's settings. If you are on a shared host with limited resources, you may need to increase some of your memory and time limits in your php.ini file - provided your host allows this - because many are set to the most basic needs out-of-the-box.
    I have tried to create & upload via ftp, but the file never shows up in the TempDir. Where exactly is the php.ini file?
    Halo's Ethereal Favors - Wedding Favors, Baby Shower Favors, Baby Gifts & more!

Visit Our Blog:Halo's Favors Blog

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by margecc View Post
    Eric, this may sound really silly, but have you tried looking as your CSV file just in word pad. I had a problem with my file, after the first 18 rows, all of a sudden threw a comma out of place (gotta love Microsoft) and it gave me some crazy errors as well (don't remember what they were, but they had nothing to actually do with the server). I just had to manually fix the comma's in wordpad and it worked after that.

Just a thought.
    I tried this, opened it in notepad, and I couldnt see anything wrong, but with over 3000 lines that are not the same length I can't really tell if it is right or not

Plugin Contributions

1 more question...

I have tried to find all the instructions I could on how to use this correctly.

I notice that if I import and leave the picture spot or any other spot blank, it empties it from the database. I.E. if I just leave the picture cell blank it removes the pic from the product.

If I delete this column will it not update the picture then?

Or do all of the headers have to be present for it to work correctly?

Thanks