Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to set up downloadable products?

Lady Z, I've seen something done similar to that with a 4 shared file. They would pay and then would receive the link to the 4 share AFTER the payment was processed. Not really using the attributes controller for this but going around the system.

I don't remember where I saw it but it was on a digital scrapbooking site using zen cart.

Liz

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to set up downloadable products

Hi Ajeh, I have the same prob as NathyBelle
    Option names, values, attributes all set up correct and working. Ordering works fine right thru to click on download button, and it just goes to a blank page (for local user) or "could not find page" for remote user.
    This is a test site on XP Pro with Redirect off and streaming on
    Fresh install does the same, and a copy on another PC does the same
    Could it be some setting in windows?
    I used the debug tool and it referred to line 41 in includes\templates\template_default\templates\tpl_modules_downloads.php
    which seems to be about filesize
    my files are mp3 and 2 or 3 Mb but i get the same result with the small test.zip sample file.
    any suggestions appreciated
    thks and rgds

Plugin Contributions

After reading this entire thread I am still unable to make downloadable products work.

I have a single FREE product which is in the form of a PDF file or a Zip file. I have uploaded both to the download directory and I can see both of them in the Download Manager as being valid file names.

I have created an option name called downloads and is type dropdown.

I have two option values one called PDF File, the other called Zip file both of which specify the proper filename to be downloaded.

Everything looks good to me in the admin but when the shopper goes to look at the product, there is no way to download anything nor does the choices for PDF or Zip show up.

The site is located at www.clarkemfg.com/cart and the product is the only product in the last category "Factory Seconds" This is a free product.

I am attaching screenshots of my admin screens. Can anyone tell me why this isn't downloadable?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	product.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	6559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attributes_controller.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	6560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downloads_manager.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	6561  

The Hookah Store www.TheHookahStore.com

Plugin Contributions

I forgot to mention in my last post that I am using product type "Document-General" which has the add to cart button turned off. I was hoping there was a way people could download this document without having to login and go thru the checkout process. This is a FREE document.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you just want people to click a link to get a free download, just put an HTML link for the file directly in your product description for them to click on.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

First, you have the Product setup to be Virtual and Always Free Shipping ...

Downloads are NOT Virtual and NOT Always Free Shipping ... use:
    Product is Virtual: No, Shipping Address Required
    Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules
    The other problem I see is you have the Product setup as a Document General Product and that is not something that can be purchased ...

Set that up as Product General ... this is the normal default ...

Once you have this Product made with your Attributes then we can try it again ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: For checkout to work with a Free Order be sure to install the Zen Cart Free Charge Card freecharger Payment Module ...

Set the Order Status to either Processing or Delivered for immediate checkout of the Order ... otherwise, you will have to update the Order Status before the Download is available to the customer ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

There is no order status as we aren't getting that far.. There is no way to order the product. The options show up for the download type of Zip or Pdf but there is no download button and because it is product type document-general, there is no add to cart button.

This seems like a lot to go thru just to create a link to a PDF document. Is there an easier way besides creating the product? We just want a place to put a link that shows up on the sidebar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    NOTE: For checkout to work with a Free Order be sure to install the Zen Cart Free Charge Card freecharger Payment Module ...

Set the Order Status to either Processing or Delivered for immediate checkout of the Order ... otherwise, you will have to update the Order Status before the Download is available to the customer ...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hookah View Post
    We just want a place to put a link that shows up on the sidebar.
    This whole thread's discussion is on downloadable *products*, which is why you're getting answers focused on that method.

If you just want to put a link in a sidebox, just edit the template in whichever sidebox you want the link to appear, and put your link there.
    Or if you want a dedicated sidebox for it that you can style to draw attention to it or something, start with the "empty sidebox" addon as a starting point. If you have questions specific to editing sideboxes, it's best to post those questions in the appropriate section of the forum.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The downloadable products seemed like the best way but I don't have a good understanding of downloadable products. Isn't there a way to have a FREE downloadable product where the shopper doesn't have to go thru checkout to get?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    This whole thread's discussion is on downloadable *products*, which is why you're getting answers focused on that method.

If you just want to put a link in a sidebox, just edit the template in whichever sidebox you want the link to appear, and put your link there.
    Or if you want a dedicated sidebox for it that you can style to draw attention to it or something, start with the "empty sidebox" addon as a starting point. If you have questions specific to editing sideboxes, it's best to post those questions in the appropriate section of the forum.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast