Page 83 of 218 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fast and Easy Checkout for Zen Cart

I updated my zc from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9a and then to 1.3.9b Done on my local host test site, Win7, XAMPP, PHP 5.2

FEC 1.8.0. installed with MOST files directly in but merged ones with big diff to 1.3.9 or because of other mod (Stock by Attributes - which is working): admin/orders.php; admin/packingslip.php, includes/classes/order.php, includes/languages/english/create account.php, include/languages/english/login.php, includes/modules/create account.php and two template files - tpl_checkout_success_default.php and tpl_login_default.php

For the css java script: html_header.php I tried using the FEC copy unmerged, and also tried the 1.3.9b copy unmerged. Merging these two files was beyond my ability. I didn't fiddle with the admin configures.

The mod is more or less working but

Issue 1 it is Slow and Difficult, more than Fast and Easy...so I must be doing something wrong. Putting one item in the cart was taking 15 - 30 seconds regardless of which html_header file I used.

Issue 2- changing shipping options on checkout from the default offered lowest cost. When set up as a one page checkout (FEC false, One Page true = 3 page checkout?) then I can select a shipping choice and when I continue to the next page, that choice is reflected in the pricing.

But if I select a one page check out (FEC true, One Page False - or both true) then when I select the preferred shipping, which causes the one-page to reload, the selection is not completed, but reverts to the originally presented cheapest option.

The fact that One Page = true means three pages, and One Page = false means a single checkout page also suggests to me I've done something wrong! Not sure if that's an Issue 3

Plugin Contributions

I figured it out...
    I need to fill in first name, last name and street address for the error checking to be triggered. But if I fill in all fields except last name (or any of those 3), than the window closes without showing me an error message.

One other anomaly that someone can hopefully help with - I'm getting a number showing at the top left corner of the checkout div. It seems to be outputting my address_book_id. Any thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Continuing on in my saga of FEC 1.8.0 merged on zc1.3.9b on my localhost test site.

I was upgrading from FEC 1.5.1 to 1.8.0. So, it turns out there is a 1.7x but it is not in the downloads sections, but on the author's personal web site.

I found 7 java related files in 1.7x that weren't in 1.8.0 or the last download on the zen site - 1.5.1 - and that weren't ref'd as changes on the 1.8.0 change log. I deleted those.

I also found 7 tpl_modules files in 1.7x that weren't in 1.5.1 or 1.8.0. that are all to do with changing addresses. I guess I'll try inserting those and see what happens.

Meantime, my FEC seems to have improved from SLOW to NOT YET FAST....selecting items to view in the catalog, signing in, out, etc are each taking a second or two. But, to add a single item to the cart, or to proceed to checkout is taking 10 - 25 seconds - much slower than on my live site with FEC 1.5.1.

There really isn't a specific question in this post - just trolling ;o)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fast and Easy Checkout 1.8.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.9b

This is a clean zencart v1.3.9b with the following mods installed/on
    Fedex v1.4.5, AutoUSPS, Flat rate, USPS, ZipShip, Authorized.Net, Checks/money order, PayPal, css_javascript_loader, FEC 1.8.0,

I just un-zip css_javascript_loader and installed. I did not change anything in this javascript, didn't understand if anything else was required.

With “Fast & Easy” set to “false” the cart work correctly from Login to Confirm order.

With “Fast & Easy” set to “true”

Have the following problem.
    Fast and Easy Checkout --- true
    Easy SignUp & Login --- true
    Split login page --- true

Click on Login – login normal
    Display --- one long login page & I filled it out as a new customer
    Click on “submit” – goes to next page normal
    I select a product to add to cart
    Click on “add to cart” --- shopping cart page normal
    Click on “Checkout” --- instant blank page
    Click the back button --- page is restored
    Click on the “Continue shopping” --- instant blank page
    Click on “PayPal” button --- instant blank page
    With debug active --- got this error--- [03-May-2010 22:53:59] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/ezorb1/public_html/EZorb/zen_demo/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 110

Discovered this was the code that indicated needed to be entered into “order_total_class_edit.txt” to prevent a blank line showing in the Totals.

Removed the added code from “order_total.php” and replaced with orginal, now shopping cart works.

“Login and Checkout” looks like v_1.5.1 was installed. There is no javascript going on on either the login page or the checkout page, none of the css_javascript is working is my guess. It sure does not look like the examples pages shown on Numinix web site.

Is there some trick that needs to be done to get the javascript to run?

Does anyone have a clue?

Plugin Contributions

How would I be able to add confidence logo or ssl logo to the Fec page?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fast and Easy Checkout 1.8.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.9b

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    This is a clean zencart v1.3.9b with the following mods installed/on
    Fedex v1.4.5, AutoUSPS, Flat rate, USPS, ZipShip, Authorized.Net, Checks/money order, PayPal, css_javascript_loader, FEC 1.8.0,

I just un-zip css_javascript_loader and installed. I did not change anything in this javascript, didn't understand if anything else was required.

With “Fast & Easy” set to “false” the cart work correctly from Login to Confirm order.

With “Fast & Easy” set to “true”

Have the following problem.
    Fast and Easy Checkout --- true
    Easy SignUp & Login --- true
    Split login page --- true

Click on Login – login normal
    Display --- one long login page & I filled it out as a new customer
    Click on “submit” – goes to next page normal
    I select a product to add to cart
    Click on “add to cart” --- shopping cart page normal
    Click on “Checkout” --- instant blank page
    Click on the “Continue shopping” --- instant blank page
    Click on “PayPal” button --- instant blank page
    With debug active --- got this error--- [03-May-2010 22:53:59] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/ezorb1/public_html/EZorb/zen_demo/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 110

Discovered this was the code that indicated needed to be entered into “order_total_class_edit.txt” to prevent a blank line showing in the Totals.

Removed the added code from “order_total.php” and replaced with orginal, now shopping cart works.

“Login and Checkout” looks like v_1.5.1 was installed. There is no javascript going on on either the login page or the checkout page, none of the css_javascript is working is my guess. It sure does not look like the examples pages shown on Numinix web site.

Is there some trick that needs to be done to get the javascript to run?

Does anyone have a clue?
    I found that I had overlook a SQL for css_javascript. It now works fine.

Plugin Contributions

I have FEC installed on a 1.3.9a version site and for the most part it is working great, but my client has sent me 3 emails from people using all different browsers saying the fec_confirmation page locks up...and the screen just reads Your order is being processed please wait...

I just tested it in Safari and it does lock up..

I have tested it in Firefox and have found no problems....but one of the customers said it did happen to them in Firfeox...

The orders are NOT being sent to the store when this happens...

Does anyone have a resolve for this?!?
    Jill || I Love Zen Cart Templates || 2 Dogs Design
    I Love To Help But Let's Keep It Public Please To Help Others!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    Continuing on in my saga of FEC 1.8.0 merged on zc1.3.9b on my localhost test site.

I was upgrading from FEC 1.5.1 to 1.8.0. So, it turns out there is a 1.7x but it is not in the downloads sections, but on the author's personal web site.

I found 7 java related files in 1.7x that weren't in 1.8.0 or the last download on the zen site - 1.5.1 - and that weren't ref'd as changes on the 1.8.0 change log. I deleted those.

I also found 7 tpl_modules files in 1.7x that weren't in 1.5.1 or 1.8.0. that are all to do with changing addresses. I guess I'll try inserting those and see what happens.

Meantime, my FEC seems to have improved from SLOW to NOT YET FAST....selecting items to view in the catalog, signing in, out, etc are each taking a second or two. But, to add a single item to the cart, or to proceed to checkout is taking 10 - 25 seconds - much slower than on my live site with FEC 1.5.1.

There really isn't a specific question in this post - just trolling ;o)
    FEC has nothing to do with adding products to your cart. This is the result of slow hosting or issues with other modules.

Plugin Contributions

Alas, I tried installing FEC 1.8.0 and css javascript loader on a clean localhost install of ZC 1.3.9b (Php 5.2.8) and stripped clean database, and no other mods or customizing, with the same results - can't change shipping at checkout as costs aren't recalculated, and intitiating checkout takes forever.

No doubt I'm doing something wrong. I'll just be jiggered if I can figure out what. The FEC 1.5 works with my livesite and ZC 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    Alas, I tried installing FEC 1.8.0 and css javascript loader on a clean localhost install of ZC 1.3.9b (Php 5.2.8) and stripped clean database, and no other mods or customizing, with the same results - can't change shipping at checkout as costs aren't recalculated, and intitiating checkout takes forever.

No doubt I'm doing something wrong. I'll just be jiggered if I can figure out what. The FEC 1.5 works with my livesite and ZC 1.3.8a
    I did the same as you. Installed a New 1.3.9b.
    Downloaded and installed the CSS_JS Loader
    Downloaded and installed FEC 180
    In shipping I setup Best Way to be $15.00
    Per Item left at 2.50
    and installed COD.

When I changed it from Per Item to Best Way, it recalc'd the order with the $15.00. Switched it to Walk-In and it removed the 15.00 and recalc'd the order. Put it back to per item and it added 2.50 to the order and recalc'd.

I did have to rename the folder template_defaults to classic (Default New Install Template) in the FEC folder and edit 1 file. That file was /templates/classic/templates/tpl_checkout_stacked.php due to an error 1st time around.

At line 303 I removed
    <?php
    }
    ?>

and it worked like a charm.

Here is my setup

WAMP Server on WINXP SP3, PHP 5.31, MySQL V 5.1.36 and Apache 2.2

FEC Settings

Fast and Easy Checkout -- true
    One Page Checkout -- true
    Checkout Confirmation Alternate Text -- Your order is being processed, please wait...
    Display Checkout in Split Column -- true
    Activate Drop Down List -- false
    Gift Wrapping Module Switch -- false
    Activate Gift Message Field -- false
    Drop Down List Options -- Option 1,Option 2,Option 3,Option 4,Option 5
    Activate Checkbox Field -- false
    Easy Sign-Up and Login -- true
    Display Order Total -- false
    Display Confidence Box -- true
    COWOA Position -- side
    Confirm Email -- false
    Shipping Address -- false
    Copy Billing -- false
    Master Password -- false
    Checkout Without Account -- true
    Checkout Without Account Only -- false
    Hide Email Options For No Account -- true
    Automatic LogOff for No Account -- false
    Free/Virtual Checkout -- false

Tonight I will transfer this to a Linux Server run PHP 5.26 I think and see what happens