Page 98 of 226 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    I'm just plain buffaloed. Where does it say that someone has the right to berate someone?

The waste of time is the long unnecessary answers and abuse.
    LOVE it... unnecessary answers are a waste of time. (one day you may understand why I find this so funny)

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    There is one forum rule:
    # Send, post or distribute any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member.
    Have I threatened you? (I don't mean emotionally, that was unintentional)

As for the belittlement, humiliation and embarassment, you have done that all by yourself. If anything, I merely exposed you.

With no other help you now know:

1. What you need to do to fix your installation problem
    2. Why your first attempt to fix it didn't work.

You didn't figure this out by yourself, no one else around here gave you the answer, so the logical conclusion is that I must have somehow imparted this information to you... All the while you have been b!tching and moaning about my 'sarcarsm' and how much I have 'offended' you, and now I'm belittling and embarrasing you..
    It has been a tough fight all the way. I have resisted your outbursts until we finally got the answer. I did this openly and willingingly, asking absolutely nothing it return, and at no point did I ever recieve a whisper of a 'thanks', simply more character assassination.

It is people like yourself that has me continually asking myself why the heck do I bother?

<big sigh>
    I've already dropped all the other zencart threads due to this... I think it is probably time to drop this one too? <thinks aloud> If I'm lucky the dumbass time wasters will never find the new support forum </thinks aloud>.

delia, you can leave now... For the rest of you..
    The latest ozpost update (v2.0.8) is now available for download.
    A new courier has been added.. transdirect.com.au (check thier website if you've never heard of them)

Aaaaahhh.... I feel MUCH better now. Thanks del'

Rod

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Hi Rod, I don't think it would be in anyone's interest to drop this thread - yours included especially now that you have found a way to be fairly recompensed for your efforts.

Let's be blunt - for too long you have been helping us all make money with nothing coming your way except headaches.

So everyone, check out Rod's multi-quote ozpost and pony up!

Great idea.

And please let's all just try to get along...eh? My eyes hurt.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module v2.0.7 released

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    The ozpost shipping module v2.0.7 has been released.

No new features, but several bug-fixes.

This release also brings this module back in line with the the work that has been performed on the osCommerce port of this module.

Among the changes comes the fact that the ozpost.vcsweb.com server has now gone commercial. This will affect ALL users of the ozpost shipping module REGARDLESS OF VERSION.

All current and new users of this module have SIXTY DAYS free access (from today, or the first time they connect to the server, whichever comes first).

After the expirty date (unless renewed) the module will only be able to provide static quotes (fixed price, cost per item or cost per kg).

v2.0.7 incorporates a feedback system that will show the store owner the number of days remaining.

It'll take a few days for the new update to be made available in the downloads section, so as an alternative the latest update can be found here
    hello rod, a while since we spoke last and i do in fact have an update on our discussions back then, but that's for later. i will be scouring this thread for more info on the weekend, but for now simply have a client who requires an urgent response, and had therefore hoped for a simple yes or no answer so i can respond to them and let them know if it's likely to be them or me!

this client is using ozpost v1.0.2, and everything simply "stopped working". that is, no quotes are being generated at present, almost as if the module is switched off.

in your humble opinion, is this expected?

many thanks in advance, as stated i'll be searching this thread for more info in a few days.

andrejs

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ALiepinieks View Post
    this client is using ozpost v1.0.2, and everything simply "stopped working". that is, no quotes are being generated at present, almost as if the module is switched off.
    This is a bug,
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    ozpost v1.0.2 - line 338 (or thereabouts)

Add: $HOST= str_replace(" ", "+", $HOST) ;

Change:

$qu = $this->_getAPdata($SERVER, "/postage.php?fromcode=" . MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_SPCODE ."&destcode=$dcode&weight=$parcelweight&height=$parcelheight&width=$parcelwidth& length=$parcellength&value=$ordervalue&flags=$flags&$method=$method&host=$HOST&v ersion=$VERSION") ;

$qu = $this->_getAPdata($SERVER, "/postage.php?fromcode=" . MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_SPCODE ."&destcode=$dcode&weight=$parcelweight&height=$parcelheight&width=$parcelwidth& length=$parcellength&value=$ordervalue&flags=$flags&host=$HOST&version=$VERSION" ) ;
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Upgrading/downgrading will also solve the problem, it is only v1.0.2 with the issue.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

what a legend! thanks for the quick response, was planning on upgrading anyway, irrespective of any costs just needed to know if a quick fix was available for this weekend.

thanks again, speak soon!

andrejs

Plugin Contributions

quick update: made the change you suggested as it seemed small and harmless enough, but no luck. still no quotes generated (visibly that is). haven't done any debugging yet.

i was hoping to put this off for about 3 weeks, but if the upgrade path is relatively painless i might just forget about debugging old code and jump into the new. obviously yo uwould recommend upgrading in most situations, but i really am pressed for time hence the question.

what do you think (oh, and thanks for any input in advance)?

andrejs

Plugin Contributions

quick update: made the change you suggested as it seemed small and harmless enough, but no luck. still no quotes generated (visibly that is). haven't done any debugging yet.
    Enable the debugger to see if that offers any clues.

i was hoping to put this off for about 3 weeks, but if the upgrade path is relatively painless i might just forget about debugging old code and jump into the new. obviously yo uwould recommend upgrading in most situations, but i really am pressed for time hence the question.

what do you think (oh, and thanks for any input in advance)?

andrejs
    Upgrading is a pretty trivial task.. All you need do is replace the two files named 'ozpost.php' , upload the new icons... then go to the admin of the store, navigate to the shipping module, press 'remove' then 'install'.

You WILL need to review/change the default settings for handling costs, etc, so take note of the current settings first.

Cheers
    rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    $qu = $this->_getAPdata($SERVER, "/postage.php?fromcode=" . MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_SPCODE ."&destcode=$dcode&weight=$parcelweight&height=$parcelheight&width=$parcelwidth& length=$parcellength&value=$ordervalue&flags=$flags&host=$HOST&version=$VERSION" ) ;
    think i figured out what it was, was debugging while you were replying. server was responding ok, but i think you made a wee little typo (forgive if i'm wrong here).

the above code possibly should have read...

Code:
    $qu = $this->_getAPdata($SERVER, "/postage.php?fromcode=" . MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_SPCODE ."&destcode=$dcode&weight=$parcelweight&height=$parcelheight&width=$parcelwidth&length=$parcellength&value=$ordervalue&flags=$flags&$host=$HOST&version=$VERSION") ;
    seems to be working now. thanks for your help : )

PS: yes, seems pretty straight forward. might try it this weekend. thanks again!

andrejs

Plugin Contributions

one last question, is this version prone to random simplexml errors? seems to throw an exception once in a while, stating there's a missing '<', however one or two page refreshes seems to resolve the error... strange strange strange.

me thinks an upgrade is definitely in the wings.

andrejs

Plugin Contributions

just updating my last post, last two errors (simply refreshed the page) were as follows:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home2/qualiue9/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php:352 Stack trace: #0 /home2/qualiue9/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php(352): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home2/qualiue9/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php(131): ozpost->quote('') #2 /home2/qualiue9/public_html/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php(174): shipping->quote() #3 /home2/qualiue9/public_html/index.php(44): require('/home2/qualiue9...') #4 {main} thrown in /home2/qualiue9/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 352

the one before that wsimilar, simply had 3 additional errors printed before this one. as stated, all i'm doing is refreshing the page. after the 8th refresh checkout_shipping page was displayed as per normal. same errors appear in the shipping estimator (obviously).

don't want to flog a dead horse, as i know this is all old version etc. just let me know if it's not worth the trouble persisting with this fix.

cheers
    andrejs