Plugin Contributions

Default click on manufacturer doesnt work

need an answer quick
    trying to find the template file that loads when you click one of the manufacturers.

i have some sort of error where the breadcrumbs and title display, but everything under doesnt.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: click on manufacturer doesnt work

anyone even look at this

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by QS Supplements View Post
    anyone even look at this
    Not in the last hour, no. Most of the audience here is typically sleeping at this hour. What's the rush?

Anyway, since you're missing part of a page, perhaps it's because of an error you've created, which might be trackable in the debug logs? ref: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

appolagies in austrlia here and didnt think of the time
    found the file which was tpl_index_product_list.php
    dr byte i was using the error logger but no new errors were showing up??? do u have to empty the folder

its a define error with this line 26
    26 $manufacturer_result = mysql_query($manufacturer_query) or die($manufacturer_query.display_error());
    27 $manufacturer_data=mysql_fetch_array($manufacturer_result);

it says Call to undefined function display_error() lline26
    i just uncommented both 26 and 27 and displays good. any problem with doing so?

i leave it for when people wake up

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

its a define error with this line 26
    26 $manufacturer_result = mysql_query($manufacturer_query) or die($manufacturer_query.display_error());
    27 $manufacturer_data=mysql_fetch_array($manufacturer_result);

it says Call to undefined function display_error() lline26
    i just uncommented both 26 and 27 and displays good. any problem with doing so?
    I'm not sure where that code came from. It definitely didn't come from original Zen Cart files.
    I guess you've got a bad addon.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

yeah its an add on. the website developers added some extra features to the manufacturers option, such as adding description. they modified some of the admin files(where im having problems) now im upgrading and finished everything except the admin side. so areas affected by the admin changes such as this, have errors

dr byte, question time
    is there a way to uncomment a whole file??? for example admin/manufacturers.php , i want to bring a new one with the same name and change the originals name, such that i kinow its been modified. this will help next time i upgrade(NEVER)

Plugin Contributions

i changed the admin/manufacuteres.php , added admin/includes/manufacturers.php and also changed admin/includes/languages/english/manufacturers.php
    there is an error in the database when i try to add description

1054 Unknown column 'manufacturers_desc' in 'field list'
    in:
    [update manufacturers set manufacturers_name = 'Hewlett Packard', manufacturers_desc = 'hewwlett that', last_modified = now() where manufacturers_id = '9']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

do i need to do something to the database? sql patch or something? if so and i dont have the patch, will it work when i use the orginal database?
    HELP HELP HELP

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

question time
    is there a way to uncomment a whole file??? for example admin/manufacturers.php , i want to bring a new one with the same name and change the originals name, such that i kinow its been modified.
    Sure. Rename the old file by adding ".changed" to the end of the filename. ie: "manufacturers.php" would become "manufacturers.php.changed".
    (If you wanna use something else, go ahead, just don't leave it ending in ".php")
    this will help next time i upgrade(NEVER)
    LOL. Yes it will help you next time you upgrade.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

i changed the admin/manufacuteres.php , added admin/includes/manufacturers.php and also changed admin/includes/languages/english/manufacturers.php
    there is an error in the database when i try to add description

1054 Unknown column 'manufacturers_desc' in 'field list'
    in:
    [update manufacturers set manufacturers_name = 'Hewlett Packard', manufacturers_desc = 'hewwlett that', last_modified = now() where manufacturers_id = '9']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

do i need to do something to the database? sql patch or something? if so and i dont have the patch, will it work when i use the orginal database?
    HELP HELP HELP
    Sounds like you've got an addon that requires a sql patch and you've not done that yet.

Plugin Contributions

yes what i thought, but where would i find the sql patch? i didnt install the addon
    does all the sql patches stay on a database? the old database had them. the demo database has stock by attributes, i think i will need to run that patch in the old database when i upgrade?

its amazing how you pick up so much stuff so quickly
    thanks