Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Here is my solution for xpanded category tree for drop down menu

If you already have IE8 installed, why don't just use compatibility view to emulate IE7?

Plugin Contributions

I was always led to believe that it was not quite the same thing. Even though compatibility mode is a very good guide, it is not exactly the same as IE7.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I've been looking for a way to use the mega drop down menu with my site. If you don't mind me asking, how did you set up the links to dynamically populate the drop down?

Plugin Contributions

I did'nt, i have not used the mega menu, i've used the standard drop down menu.

The mod already incorporates this, what i did is expand the sub cat's and their sub cat's etc, and then displayed them 3 columns wide.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tony_sar View Post
    great ..
    this is the site for jquery effect and mega menu solution .. tried to add this to stock dropdown menu but i had no success in short while that i tried .

http://www.sohtanaka.com/web-design/...-w-css-jquery/
    Although the Tanaka Mega-menu is well done it does not meet with Accessibility Standards. If Javascript is turned off it does not work. A better example which does meet Accessibility Standards is: http://www.whitehouse.gov/ .

Although Mega-menus are the new way to code drop-down menus, I know from my own experience they are a ########## to work with... no matter how you code it.

Plugin Contributions

The second example listed above can be done with minor difficulties with the drop down menu from the free add-ons. The css is the hardest part, the rest pretty simple.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by first trading View Post
    The second example listed above can be done with minor difficulties with the drop down menu from the free add-ons. The css is the hardest part, the rest pretty simple.
    Any chance you might wrap this bad boy into a "Free Add On" or provide a zip file of the whole package available for download?

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Here is my solution for xpanded category tree for drop down menu

Quote Originally Posted by [url
    www.gearsofwargear.com[/url]
    Hi. Could you explain how you managed to achieve the multi level menu of the above URL. I have searched for hours to no avail.

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by deepfreeze View Post
    Hi. Could you explain how you managed to achieve the multi level menu of the above URL. I have searched for hours to no avail.

Many thanks
    I have all the files zipped up and incorporated in the drop down menu ad-on, if you want the files i can send them.

It will look exactly the same as the drop down menu ad-on but the category's will be three columns accross (you can have as many or as few as you like though). Then you can just go ahead and customize as you please.

I simply used a background image for the opacity on the above url.

Plugin Contributions

This menu looks great! Is there any chance you could release this as an add-on.

Thank you
    Anthony

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast