Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tips on cloning Table Rate shipping module

UM, guys, just to contribute a little: while cloning this module, for the capitalized stuff in includes/modules.shipping/table.pdf (and the one in the languages/english/midules/shipping for that matter, a quick fix is to find and replace each instance of SHIPPING_TABLE with SHIPPING_NEWTHING (where newthing.pdf in lower case is the name of the cloned table rate module) - saves all the bother whereby the word TABLE on its own lacks uniqueness in the code and changing it in some places by accident is a problem.

But I also have a dolt question.

Having got this working, in Admin>Modules>Shipping>table where does a person set up the Shipping Zone referred to at the foot of the edit menu as follows?

Shipping Zone
    If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.

Right now I have a drop-down menu that says 'none' with nothing else to select from.

Plugin Contributions

Go to the Locations / Taxes ... Zones Definitions ... and define a new Zone Name and then add the Zone Details for it ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you!

Done and working having run the gauntlet of enabling and disabling zone rates at supposed risk of wiping out everything else.... hmm.

Also grovelling apologies to one and all for idiotic 'contribution' 2 posts previous. Despite contemptuous idea of calling anything table or TABLE next to a function called TABLE and ensuing sillybusiness as an umbrella excuse for all preceding and ensuing stupidity.

Changing all SHIPPING_TABLE to SHIPPING_WHATEVERTHECLONEIS

leaves one rotten little _TABLE in the remove module script. Unsuspecting morons (myself for example) are then treated to the mindbending effect of watching the original Table Rate module dissapear and with it forever all one's hard won comma separated rubbish (shipping rate data) on clicking remove 'whateverthecloneis' module from the list, leaving one staring at 'whateverthecloneis' one just tried to remove in bewilderment and dismay because if it was not the broken one of the two why would one ever push the button to remove it. Good grief. This life is too silly for words and occasionally is not a laughing matter. Thanks for watching.
    Last edited by scientific_anomaly; 30 Nov 2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: why climb everest?

Plugin Contributions

At risk of excessive posting in a state of exhaustion verging on intoxication.

How does a person go about increasing the shipping rate data table from 255 characters to something bigger - for example most of the services I am trying to implement have 750+ characters, so 1000 character limit would be safe.

And would such a change increase the size of every table in the database and cause MYSQL to grind to a halt (Linda you are familiar with my > < hosting provider's prowess).

(hopefully this is not just a mater of going to admin>configure>max....

thereby demonstrating my uncool-ness beyond hope of redemption.

Plugin Contributions

nope still a vague hope - a non-obvious answer required (please)

Plugin Contributions

Where are you having a limit of characters?

What version of Zen Cart are you using?

What is the structure of your database table:
    configuration
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

this module is great and everything work relatively easily, I just have one problem. I want to charge £1.99 before £70 and free after for standard delivery and 4.99 before £70.00 and £6.99 for express next day delivery.

Has anybody encountered problems with Google Checkout (GC) after cloning this module? It works perfectly with Paypal but in GC, 'Shipping and Handling' section it initially only gave me the shipping options for table.php which were '69.99:1.99, 9999:0.00' (worked perfectly) and completly disregarded table2.php (70:4.99, 9999:6.99) so that the dropdown menu only had one option (table1).

So I checked throught the shipping_methods.php and everything looked fine to me (please see below) and I started playing with the Modules>Payment>Googlecheckout configurations and I noticed that "Express Delivery- All In-Stock items dispatched same day" had popped up in the 'Default Values for Real Time Shipping Rates' section so I put in 4.99 in the domestic box just to try it out and 7.99 in the international box to see what whould happen.

Now in Google checkout only one of the options from table2 comes up, the one that I set in "Default Values for Real Time Shipping Rates" and I tried with products of different prices but the Express shipping price from table2 remains the at the default value. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP someone! It my second day trying to resolve this.

SHIPPING_METHODS.PHP

<?php
    /**
    * File: googlecheckout/shipping_methods.php file
    */
    $mc_shipping_methods = array(
    'table' => array(
    'domestic_types' =>
    array(
    'table' => 'Cheapest Option',

),

'international_types' =>
    array(
    'table' => 'Cheapest Option_1',

),
    ),
    'table2' => array(
    'domestic_types' =>
    array(
    'table2' => 'Fastest Option',

),

'international_types' =>
    array(
    'table2' => 'Fastest Option_1',

),
    ),
    );

$mc_shipping_methods_names = array(
    'table' => 'Standard Delivery- Dispatched within 24 hours, 2nd class Recorded delivery',
    'table2' => 'Express Delivery- All In-Stock items dispatched same day',
    );
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Where are you having a limit of characters?

What version of Zen Cart are you using?

What is the structure of your database table:
    configuration

Hi Ajeh,

Zen Cart V. 1.3.9h - I don't know how to answer the question re structure of database table (i.e. where I might look that up or modify it). My concern about character limit comes from your article posted here: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=69
    (discussion of seemingly similar data input field of the form 25:8.5,) for Zone Rate Table). At the end it says you can change the limit in the database, but does not go on to say how. I have not tried to 'break' my Zen Cart instance with more characters to see what might occur.

An explanation of how to view or set this limit in the database would be gratefully received.

Plugin Contributions

On a semi-related topic, I have created numerous clones of includes/modules/shipping/table.pdf (and its counterpart in languages/english/modules/shipping/). These are working to spec (excepting the above limitation which I would like to clear up).

I am using these table-rates by total 'weight' of goods in the customer's cart at checkout.

However I cannot deal with the lack of elegance that occurs when the weight of goods exceeds the limit of one or more shipping method. (The choice of $0.00 or $9999 presented to the customer either of which can at the will or negligence of the customer can be processed to order confirmation and banking (and sent to suppliers via Drop Ship module with ensuing human relations problems all round at either extreme).

I would be very grateful for a piece of code that performs a Logical IF in (presumably) table.pdf such that for a carrier whose limit is 2000g (2Kg), I can tell the module not to present as an option in the same way as it disappears if the customer's address is in a Defined Zone not selected in Admin for that module/clone.

The code I am seeking ideally will perform the function:

IF (total weight of goods in cart + any calculation or margin for packing materials) > 2000, Then do not present this shipping module clone. Otherwise show it as usual.

Personally I would be just as happy to bump the product weight by an estimation for packing materials and just have
    IF(total weight in cart) > 2000, Then do not present this shipping module clone. Otherwise show it as usual.

Obviously happy to hard code this 2000 figure in table.php clones as these these are clones anyway.

I have battled with coding attempts for hours, but essentially I do not understand .php or how to get it to perform this seemingly simple task. Please can you help.

Plugin Contributions

There use to be a limit of 255, this is no longer true ... guess that needs to be updated ...

On the Table Rate by weight if you need to go beyond the limit o f 50 ...

1 the Maximum Weight needs to be adjusted in the Shipping/Packaging to allow for the higher amount

2 If you don't want the module to show beyond a certain amount then you need to customize the module to set the $this->enabled to false when that amount is reached

Example: In Table Rate table the module to disable it when weight is > 2000 use:
    /includes/modules/shipping/table.php

has to be edited for:
    Code:
        // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
        if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
          $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
        }

// bof: turn off if over 2000
        global $cart;
        if (!IS_ADMIN_FLAG && $_SESSION['cart']->show_weight() > 2000) {
          $this->enabled = false;
        }
        // eof: turn off if over 2000

Linda McGrath

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast