Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Field to Checkout

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Once again I must ask for help

A little background on the site may help.

It is a mobile phone website selling mostly phones under certain tarrifs. I have made a Direct Debit Form that the customer has to fill out (to take monthly payments) when purchasing anything. This is prefect for any of the phones, but it has just occured to me that the customer shouldnt have to fill in this form if they are buying only an accessory (with no monthy payments) which currently they are forced to.

I already have made a modification to the database that marks every product as an Accessory or a Phone product. Could I use this feild to check whether or not the customer is only buying an accessory, and, if they are not show the form or make the form feilds not required?

Presumably the products in the cart are stored in a session variable somewhere, if I could check whats in the cart against the database I could make the Form required or not with some if else statements ?

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas

Plugin Contributions

Anybody have any idea how I might add a checkbox that will enable users to split the shipment of their product should they desire to do so? I'd have to be able to see it in the orders area of the admin as well. I'm not particularly PHP savvy, in fact, I know just enough to get myself into trouble to be perfectly honest...all I've been able to get done so far is adding a split_shipment field in the orders database...

Plugin Contributions

I need to add a 'pickup time' field to checkout. The time is generated automatically for the customer. I followed the instructions exactly and it just keeps adding blank entries under pickup_time in the database.

$_session['pickup_time'] sees the correct value and so does $order->info['pickup_time'] but $_post doesn't see anything. I know this is the problem, so how can I just set $_post['pickup_time'] to a value?

Plugin Contributions

@jdw1979 - Avoid this at all costs if you don't have a great knowledge of PHP. You need to consider charges for shipping, which items are being sent to which addresses, which items you mark as dispatched, order statuses etc. It's a pain in the neck to do, and if your customers need this, suggest placing two or more orders.

@SteveS14 - if $_SESSION is showing the right value, then $_POST must have shown it at some point as this is where SESSION gets the value initially. If the $order is also correct then I suggest your problem may be in the order class file where the database value is set within teh array. Look in this file for a zen_db_perform statement which includes TABLE_ORDERS. This will push the array into the database table, and it is this array that you need to print_r to ensure is set correctly.

Absolute
    Back, after a 4 year absence! Did you miss me?
    Absolute Web Solutions Ltd
    Interested in our work? Take a look at one of our sites - The Tech Store

Plugin Contributions

could you please help me with uninstalling sql

CREATE TABLE customers_additional (
    field_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    field_name varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
    field_status char(2) NOT NULL default '',
    PRIMARY KEY (field_id)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM;

after this patch i have started getting error below

1054 Unknown column 'field_required' in 'field list'
    in:
    [ SELECT field_id, field_name, field_required, field_status, use_url, field_url FROM customers_additional WHERE field_status = 1 ]

Plugin Contributions

You don't have a "field_required" column in your database. Without seeing the rest of the code you've added to the site, it's impossible to tell what this field should be. I would guess at either a tinyint if the original creator is using 0 or 1 to depict true/false, or it could be a char(1) field if using Y or N to give but 2 examples.

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

You're also missing two additional columns: "use_url" & "field_url"

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
    You're also missing two additional columns: "use_url" & "field_url"

Absolute
    Thanks for reply, is there any way to unistall mysql patch to fix this?

Plugin Contributions

Uninstalling the SQL patch will make the problem worse, as then there will be more missing data fields.

You need to remove the code that is asking for these fields, or add them. Where did you get the code from?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast