Plugin Contributions

Default Unable To Update Cart Count On Product Page Or Cart

I have just updated to 139h and the new version appears to be working well, however, the following problem exists in the shopping cart:

1)When opening a product and viewing the product page the small editable box above the "Add To Cart" option doesn't exist so a customer cannot add more than one of a product to their cart from the product page.

2) When opening the shopping cart it's not possible to edit the quantity of a product to the left off the product name as the editing box also doesn't exist but does show a "1" when it was added from the product page.

Below are two screen capture images combined as one. On the left is from the shopping cart showing one item in the cart but no editabe box to change the quantity. On the right is from (any) product page showing no editable quantity box above the "Add To Cart" option.

Name:  Can't Update Cart.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  31.2 KB

I have tested this using two different templates authored by two separate designers with the same result. I have Winmerged the shopping_cart.php file on my store against the original 139h shopping_cart.php file and they are identical down to the file byte count. Just to be sure, I copied over the original shopping_cart.php file replacing the existing file on my store. I have added the following mods which I have checked and they don't appear to have changed anything:

Easy Populate Advanced
    Image Handler 2 (the latest)
    Faul Slimbox Lightbox 1.5
    Backup MySQL Plugin 1.4

Any ideas why this is? Any help is appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable To Update Cart Count On Product Page Or Cart

As a stock install functions correctly you must have missed something in your upgrade
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Number 2 is an admin switch, but its description is odd and I can't find it right now.

For number 1, do you mean the product listing or product info page ?

Plugin Contributions

If #2 is the product listing
    admin > config > product listing > Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location > select option
    Might also check that this is enabled
    admin > config > product listing > Display Product Price/Add to Cart
    I have Winmerged the shopping_cart.php file on my store against the original 139h shopping_cart.php file and they are identical down to the file byte count. Just to be sure, I copied over the original shopping_cart.php file replacing the existing file on my store.
    shopping_cart.php is a functional & is not a display file
    Those will be tpl files
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

When using Easy Populate Advanced I had inadvertently used zero's (0) instead of one's (1) under the 'minumum quantity' field in the extended store file. That caused no quantity to show on the product page (not the category page) meaning it could not be updated with a different product number on the product page or the shopping cart. Changing back to 1 from 0 allowed a 'minimum quantity' then showed the ability to make a quantity change.

A lesson learned in not watching my settings close enough when dealing with hundreds of products.

Thanks for the replies!

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem, but I didn't use any kind of merge program. I installed the ZenCart program, then added a template (Ashley Pink). That's all.

Following the advice above (or trying to) I played with the settings for Product Listing - Product Price/Add To Cart and Product Listing - Multiple Products, but that didn't do any good. They're currently set on 2 and 3, respectively...but I've run each possible combination, and seen no changes.

The crazy thing is that I tried a shopping cart purchase, and ONE item showed the proper "change your quantity" box, but the rest of the boxes did not. When I went back and tried again, they were all missing the proper box...and I've never been able to get any items to show the box again.

Please help? I think we've got the rest of the cart pretty much ready to go, except for a few other little gotchas that I'll post questions about separately. But we can't get any further until this error is fixed.

Thanks!!

BTW...while I'm on the Shopping Cart page...how do I get rid of the TEXT_INFORMATION line right under "Your Shopping Cart Contents"?
    Last edited by DK_Scully; 25 Jan 2011 at 02:37 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Never mind, I figured out the solution myself. When I was creating the entries, I clicked NO to Show Quantity Box on the catalog pages. I did that because my client doesn't want to be bothered with having to keep track of how many items are left in the cart's stock--and I thought that would help keep the numbers from changing. I was wrong. Another learning experience.

Now I just have to go through and change all 300+ entries.......

Plugin Contributions

Or.....

1. Backup the database first, just for safety, then run the following SQL query

UPDATE products SET products_qty_box_status = "1";

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Once I learn how to do that, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

1. Access the db via phpMyAdmin, and click on the Export tab to download a complete backup of the db (just in case).

2. Click on the SQL Tab and copy/paste the code I gave into it.

Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_qty_box_status = "1";
    Vger