Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template Problem

All the things you are stating are not making any sense
    No it is
    includes/templates/patriot
    I have it in the correct directory now
    What you stated was the correct directory
    So where did you move it to?
    Now the problem is that all my information is gone. It displays the background and header box, but the body of the website is missing.
    Blank and partially blank pages issues
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Sorry I am not speaking your "language" I am very new to this and to this type of information. I am doing the best I can with limited knowledge.

I moved the template to what you had listed in your thread-You specifically asked if it was located here:

/includes
    /templates
    /classic
    /the new template name
    /tmeplate_default

I sent back to you no, it is not-meaning it was not loacted there when I looked. I had it under

/includes
    /templates
    /patriot

I had put it in the zen_cart admin folder instead of the the includes folder. After I moved the template to what you had listed, I was able to select it from the dropdown in the template selection. Now the problem is that the template background is there, but my pages are not. I hope this makes more sense for you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by llmstar View Post
    I moved the template to what you had listed in your thread-You specifically asked if it was located here:

/includes
    /templates
    /classic
    /the new template name
    /tmeplate_default
    I believe you misunderstood kobra's question, he meant that in the folder called templates you should see the 3 folders:
    classic
    template_default
    patriot

Basically you had it correct when you say

I had it under

/includes
    /templates
    /patriot
    Starting over from zero:

your new template (patriot) should be in the folder named templates.

Maybe you are trying to have it under another language.

Plugin Contributions

I did undedrstand him and I moved the new template (patriot). It is now under templates with classic and template_default.

That part is correct now, but the template only shows the background and part of the header. I have looked at the error log and I have a fatal error pertaining to this template. It is there about 14 or 15 times in the log, but it is the same error in each folder. I looked at the FAQ and there is nothing similar to this I can find to fix it. The error is:

[17-Jan-2011 14:10:39] PHP Warning: require_once(includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/username/public_html/includes/templates/Patriot/common/tpl_drop_menu.php on line 43
    [17-Jan-2011 14:10:39] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/username/public_html/includes/templates/Patriot/common/tpl_drop_menu.php on line 43

I tried to go in and add this correction to line 43, but it didn't change anything ( I probably made it worse). I then just tried reloading it and the same thing happened.

I think I am about to throw in the towel on this and try something else. I am in over my head. It just makes me mad becasue I have made it this far figuring everything out and wasted alot of time, but I can't spend this much time each day on these types of issues.

Thank you for trying to help!

Plugin Contributions

I did undedrstand him and I moved the new template (patriot). It is now under templates with classic and template_default.

That part is correct now, but the template only shows the background and part of the header. I have looked at the error log and I have a fatal error pertaining to this template. It is there about 14 or 15 times in the log, but it is the same error in each folder. I looked at the FAQ and there is nothing similar to this I can find to fix it. The error is:

[17-Jan-2011 14:10:39] PHP Warning: require_once(includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/username/public_html/includes/templates/Patriot/common/tpl_drop_menu.php on line 43
    [17-Jan-2011 14:10:39] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/username/public_html/includes/templates/Patriot/common/tpl_drop_menu.php on line 43

I tried to go in and add this correction to line 43, but it didn't change anything ( I probably made it worse). I then just tried reloading it and the same thing happened.

I think I am about to throw in the towel on this and try something else. I am in over my head. It just makes me mad becasue I have made it this far figuring everything out and wasted alot of time, but I can't spend this much time each day on these types of issues.

Thank you for trying to help!
    on your server check includes/classes and see if ( categories_ul_generator.php ) is located in that folder.

if not, unzip the patriot template package

locate the includes/classes folder and upload the categories_ul_generator.php file to your server

Plugin Contributions

I checked includes/classes and ( categories_ul_generator.php ) is located in that folder.

Plugin Contributions

I checked includes/classes and ( categories_ul_generator.php ) is located in that folder.
    Just to cover all bases:

on your server how do you have the template folders named

patriot or Patriot

Plugin Contributions

Patriot

Plugin Contributions

New error in log referring to Patriot template

[18-Jan-2011 08:15:58] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/username/public_html/includes/templates/Patriot/common/tpl_drop_menu.php on line 44

Plugin Contributions

In the download area there is listed a support thread for this template where you should have posted initially after reading others posts to see if another had this issue and if there was a solution

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...658#post736658
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast