Thread: Logo Changer

Plugin Contributions

Default Logo Changer

I used the log changer to upload my logo (jpg) in an older version without problems. Now that I am trying to do it in 1.3.9h I am having troubles. It works fine for the email. But when I click on SEND for the Invoice and Admin header, the admin header moves down about an inch like the logo was placed, but there is nothing there. And nothing on the invoice either.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Logo Changer

I just noticed that when the Admin header moves down there is a blue text link in the very upper-left of the screen that says:

Admin Powered by Zen Cart :: The Art of
    E-Commerce

...but not my logo. And not the Zen logo either.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"logo changer"??? What's that?

Also, if you right-click on that "blue text link" you mention, choose "Open Image In New Window" from the menu, and note the URL. What image file is it trying to load? How does that compare with the name of the actual image on the server? Chances are it's looking for a filename that's different from what you've uploaded.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Go to Admin/Logos and the page that appears is titled Logo Changer.

Below is the error that the blue link shows. I have no idea what is on the server. I am just uploading my logo the way Zen instructs me to in this tool. There is a browse window where I search for my ccs_small_logo.jpg file on my computer, then I click the send button. That used to make it display.

403 Forbidden
    Access is forbidden to the requested page:
    cp4.heritagewebdesign.com/~bayare/cart/admin-name/images/store_logo.jpeg (port 443)

Plugin Contributions

The current version of Zen Cart doesn't have a logo changer, nor is there one in the free downloads area (hence DrByte's question).

Official Zen Cart logo changing still consists of uploading a file (and if necessary changing the filename in header header.php language file).

We've never heard of the facility that you're using, so can't offer support for it.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Now I am totally confused and bewildered. My programmer just upgraded me to Zen 1.3.9h. My admin shows the version number and the Zen logo. What the heck is going on? I took a print screen to show you, but I don't see how to attach a jpg to the post.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Who's your programmer?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

A fellow in Georgia, USA. But of course you don't know him. He is, what I believe to be, very capable. I have posted before that I am a past customer of the 300 employee HIT Web Design/Heritage Web Design (the scums) that bilked thousands from thousands. I definitely have the Logo Changer page mentioned above. Maybe it was something that HIT put in. I had thought that when we upgraded to 1.3.9h that Zen would have reverted back to stock.

I am learning from this forum, though, that if a piece of custom work is installed correctly it will not be overwritten. So maybe that is why I have it and it's a mystery to you. In any case, it used to work and no longer does. I will have my programmer take care of the missing invoice logo.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, much of Zen Cart is specifically designed to ensure that well-written custom features aren't trashed every time you upgrade. This doesn't usually extend to admin facilities, but if it's been written as a custom page then it will be untouched following an upgrade.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same issue after an upgrade, but have installed ZenCart myself with no previous problems. I went to change my logo, followed the directions to exactly, and am experiencing the same problem. I tried to upload my logo as a gif and jpg file, but neither work. I corrected the logo dimensions as said to do, etc. My logo is no longer showing up on the Admin pages. I did go to the admin/includes/languages english.php file and fixed the Zen Cart text to read as my store name, but I cannot get the logo to show up.

Any suggestions? Using 1.5.0