Plugin Contributions

Default Site was working a couple of days ago, now saying thank you for loading zen cart. Why

Hi, i sorry if this is a duplicate, but i could not locate it.
    This has occurred, and i don't know why: http://www.k-craftteddies.co.uk
    Could my hosting company be at fault?
    Do i just need to run zc_install again? and will it not affect my SSL certificate?

thanks in advance for all your help

Soul39

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site was working a couple of days ago, now saying thank you for loading zen cart.

If you re-run the install, you'll wipe your database so unless your shop was a new install & you don't mind starting from scratch, don't do it.

The most likely cause is referenced in the page:

Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    So first off, double-check the DB name, username & password. If necessary, reset the password & re-enter into the config file. If that doesn't do it, check the paths (especially the server paths).

As for your host being at fault, unless they made any changes to your account, I can't see how. Normally a host would not touch a client's password settings. But it's worth asking them just in case & they should be able to advise if they have made any change at their end that could possible affect your ZC install.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site was working a couple of days ago, now saying thank you for loading zen cart.

Hi,terragirl, thanks for the prompt reply.
    The reason i mentioned my host, is that i was unable to use the backup wizard on cpanel for the past week and as of today it's working. So i don't know if they have messed with DB. I did contact them, they said that they weren't at fault.
    I have not tampered with the configure files, so i at a lost. I will double check these files again. Any further thoughts?
    I am looking at terra as my next hosting company.

Soul39

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

And perform your own database backup for safe-keeping. Here's one good way: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...ith-phpmyadmin
    Should be done regularly.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, DrByte, i normally do a weekly backup using the backup wizard. but are you saying that phpmyadmin is better?
    I have double checked the configure files everything looks good. The only thing i could not confirm, was the password in mysql database. Not noted anywhere.

Soul39

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not commenting on your choice of backup. You can do whatever you like as long as you know you've got reliable backups.
    You had said your host was having problems, and you were concerned about reliability of backups. So I simply offered a suggestion for another way of doing your own backups if your usual method cannot be used or cannot be relied upon.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, DrByte, thanks for the link. Very helpfull.
    I have cntacted my hosting company again, as i think they did something. It is strange that the site was working fine, up until the point that the sorted out the backup wizard issue in cpanel, by moving my account to a different version of cpanel.
    The tech support personel is looking into it.
    Hopefully i should have some good news in a couple of hours. Fingers x!

Soul39

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like they moved you to a different server, but didn't reconfigure your store to work correctly on the new server.

When moving to a new server, all the paths in the 2 configure.php files will no longer match, and thus you will see the error message you reported.
    The SMARTEST and SAFEST way to move to another server is described here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...fferent-server

While it is possible to edit the configure.php files instead, most people seem to just guess at what they're doing and miss important parts, so it is STRONGLY ADVISED TO FOLLOW THE PROPER MOVE INSTRUCTIONS: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...fferent-server

Plugin Contributions

Good news, they remigrated me, and that did the trick. So my question is what info do i need of them, if they wish to migrate me in the future?

Thanks,
    Soul39

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

See the link I gave in my last post.